Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Who should Shatner play?

Who would you most like him to play?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you most like him to play?

• Kirk himself - time travelled
    • Mirror Kirk
    • Ancestor of Kirk
    • Ancestor of Mirror Kirk
    • An alien
    • A Kirk hologram
    • An android Kirk
    • A human but entirely different character
    • A parallel universe Kirk
    • Someone posing as Kirk (maybe from the future)
    • A Kirk clone
    • Some other reason (please state)

I personally think that the ancestor thing has been done now with Soong. Maybe a time travel arc or parallel universe would do.

The ACTUAL Kirk! Here's how:

Sometime in the future (perhaps the 29th century or later) a Starfleet science vessel uses technology to pull "echo's" from the Nexus into real time. This will allow the echo of Kirk to enter reality. But something goes wrong and the energy of the Nexus is randomly dispersed throughout the galaxy (and time!!) Kirk then appears on Enterprise. And later someone from the Future arrives to tell Kirk what has happened and thus we learn that the dispersal was not random, but rather, the echo's in the Nexus had a choice to go wherever they unconsciously wanted. In Kirk's case, he had always wanted to meet the crew of the first Enterprise, so when the Nexus was temporally dispersed, he found himself on Enterprise by surprise. Now that he is in normal time, to his horror, he actually has the memories of helping Picard and dying. In other words, he is the real kirk. His continued existence takes place after his death relative to him, but before his death relative to the direction of time. Good way to bring him back, no?

Sure, Guinan did say that echo's can't leave the Nexus, but maybe she meant naturally and didn't realize that technology could one day make it possible!

He should play Denny Crane. He'd be representing Earth in their lawsuit against the Xindi for the attack on Florida. :frusty:

Seriously, he should play Kirk just having travelled back in time. I like your plan Captain_Bolivar

I would love to see him play a member of the Grayson family (Spock's mother's great grandfather or someone of that nature.) I have to admit I have become a avid reader of Sarek and Amanda fanfic lately so I would love to see her human heritaged looked at in some aspect.

I voted for an entirely different character. Having him be an ancestor of Kirk's would be too much and I think using time travel has been done enough with Daniels.

I'm not sure who he should play but I think the character should be totally different than Kirk.

I would like to see him as himself some how he travelled back in time mabe Q could play a part in it just to put a little twist in the plot :frusty:

He's gettin so old he'd be scary as an alien :frusty:

284643[/snapback]

:look: Lord, I hope Bill doesn't come in here and read that. :look:

Do any of the actors actually come in here and read any of the stuff we write? :blush 2:  :look: I doubt it, but just incase, I didn't do it! :frusty:

284706[/snapback]

Well, we don't say many bad things about them. But let's just hope Wil Wheaton doesn't check this site out.

Do any of the actors actually come in here and read any of the stuff we write? :blush 2:  :look: I doubt it, but just incase, I didn't do it! :frusty:

284706[/snapback]

Well, we don't say many bad things about them. But let's just hope Wil Wheaton doesn't check this site out.

284803[/snapback]

I agree let's hope!!!!!!!!!!!

He'd go crazy!

We "NEVER" know who comes in here :frusty: Do we? :look: But still, saying something like THAT is "Ageist", isn't it? Very unkind and insensitive. We don't out and out say other kinds of things do we? Like about skin color or preferences of a certain kind or the handicapped? Isn't that in the rules? Most of our Star Trek Idols are older people. And I was taught to respect my elders. Patrick Stewart, Leonard Nimoy, Kate Mulgrew, that's all I can come up with right now, sorry.

James T. Kirk

Im Sorry I just cant see William Shatner play another Trek character.Its possible he does havent to Time Travel at all. Just tell a story about Jonathan Archer of how a special event happened. How hard can that be?

Edited by NxTemplar

How about a time travelling ancentor of Kirk? His grandfather time travels back 50 years or something? In a TOS style shuttle that has slung shot around the sun?

He should not appear on Enterprise at all! Everyone would recognize him right off the bat and immediately think, "Kirk." Having him appear on Enterprise would be like the series commiting suicide. It was enough with Brent Spiner (though I love his acting, and since throughout TNG he was wearing make-up his Enterprise character was believable), but have Shatner appear is just wrong.

William Shatner, as captain James T. Kirk, defined Star Trek. But his character is dead! For Shatner to appear as Kirk is just simply lame by all accounts, and for him to show up as another charcter will do nothing but prove that he is washed out and is desperate for anything.

Growing up, Captain Kirk was one of my heros. And through Kirk, so was Shatner. I'd rather Shatner stay a hero, rather than a wash-out.

How about a GIRL!!! B) I'd love TO SEE that! B) B) I think he could pull it off. B) :yes:

How about a GIRL!!! B) I'd love TO SEE that! B) B) I think he could pull it off. B) :yes:

285778[/snapback]

An Orion slave girl? B)

Yea, that'd work B) Or maybe he could be Hoshi's Auntie from Earth. B) I can just hear him now. B) Tape his eyes back, just a bit, put a nice wig on him and a cat-suit. B) B) OH MAN, what am I thinking???? B) B) Can you just see him in a a cat-suit like T'Pol??? B)

Yea, that'd work :naughty: Or maybe he could be Hoshi's Auntie from Earth. :bow: I can just hear him now. :nono: Tape his eyes back, just a bit, put a nice wig on him and a cat-suit. :bow::flex: OH MAN, what am I thinking???? :drool:  B) Can you just see him in a a cat-suit like T'Pol??? :lol:

285821[/snapback]

Hosi! I'm just soooo.... happytoseeyou! Come here and give... you're Aunt Willy a kiss!"

human but entirely different character

Time travel, parallel universes, and ancestry are too copy cat. Let's try a new character...

Chef...we haven't seen him yet and it's getting to the point that Chef needs to be identified, lest Chef become Enterprise's Maris.

From TrekToday:

And The IESB has posted a video interview with Shatner from the VH-1 Big in 04 awards show, where the actor was a presenter. Shatner said that because of hesitation on the part of Paramount Television, he was unlikely to make an appearance on Enterprise this season, but said Kirk's return was possible for next season if the show was renewed.

A Paramount rep meanwhile told the site that there was hope of having Shatner appear as Kirk in a fourth season-ending cliffhanger. The video interview with Shatner is here.

From TrekToday:

And The IESB has posted a video interview with Shatner from the VH-1 Big in 04 awards show, where the actor was a presenter. Shatner said that because of hesitation on the part of Paramount Television, he was unlikely to make an appearance on Enterprise this season, but said Kirk's return was possible for next season if the show was renewed.

A Paramount rep meanwhile told the site that there was hope of having Shatner appear as Kirk in a fourth season-ending cliffhanger. The video interview with Shatner is here.

286988[/snapback]

A Paramount rep meanwhile told the site that there was hope of having Shatner appear as Kirk in a fourth season-ending cliffhanger.

:nono: That's exxcellent news! :laugh: Almost sounds like a 5th season guarantee! :laugh:

If Shatner is to appear I believe that he should be one of Kirk's ancestors not James T Kirk. I do find it feasible to see many of the cast that we have seen on the other series appear as their ancestors. It was established in many episodes that many of the characters that we loved were decended from long proud starfleet traditions.