Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Snow Detail to Post!

So I walk out this morning for my smoke break after waking up from my nice 4 hour overnight nap, and I notice my face is getting wet. being dark, I can't tell what this liquid assault on my face is. I look towards a light and I notice that it is not raining. No, it's too cold. It's SNOWING! so when I went in, I told the Petty Officer of the Watch to look up who's supposed to be on snow detail. I think they aren't happy with me, because I called and woke em up, told em to be ready to get called in for some salt and plow duty.

Is the Snow Detail ready at your house, sir. :frusty: I am so glad that I went to Great Mistakes in May.

I wish Houston had snow... The last time it sleeted here was 8 years ago... :frusty:

We should be getting snow soon.It was down between 28-34 today and it rained a little, then it turned into a mix and stopped.So snow is coming soon.

Luckily, the snow wasn't even noticable. So the Snow Detail will probably be pissed at me.

284864[/snapback]

No, why would they, sir? Its not like there going anywhere for awhile. :frusty: They are most likely pissed at the Petty Officer who order them to the detail.

Edited by Odie

Well, winthers here have alot of snow, and right now it's already much of it! At least 25 centimeters deep!

:nono:

I wish Houston had snow... The last time it sleeted here was 8 years ago... :nono:

284820[/snapback]

Ditto, actually the last time there was a little snow on the ground here in North Florida I was probably about 5 or 6 years old. We have had some rather cold days, going to close to 5 degrees....but sadly no snow. Except for the times we turn on our sprinklers to make icicles, and the mists created a little snow.

I am keeping my fingers crossed yet again this year...though all around me say I am getting my hopes up too high. :nono: *sigh*

I wish the places I live got more snow. Kansas had its first snow this morning, but it was only about an inch deep and North Carolina had only had flurries.

I wish Houston had snow... The last time it sleeted here was 8 years ago... :nono:

284820[/snapback]

Ditto, actually the last time there was a little snow on the ground here in North Florida I was probably about 5 or 6 years old. We have had some rather cold days, going to close to 5 degrees....but sadly no snow. Except for the times we turn on our sprinklers to make icicles, and the mists created a little snow.

I am keeping my fingers crossed yet again this year...though all around me say I am getting my hopes up too high. :nono: *sigh*

285053[/snapback]

Stop crossing those fingers :nono: .... it'd be nightmare if it snowed in North Florida because no one would know how to drive and we don't have the equipment to plow and/or salt the roads. I have to cross a bridge to get to work - it would be iced over.

I've lived in two different states where it snowed which explains why I moved back to Florida. :o

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

Both Jim and Gary were out late tonight over at the College of Lake County. You should have heard them when they got home! it snowed pretty good tonite, and the roads here are a mess. they were swearing like...well, sailors. and Odie: Jim appearently was the one who suggested that snow detail be called the other day. We had a snowball fight tonight...Well, Jim, Gary and I. Julie opted out. She had fun watching, though. Just guestimating I'd say we got about 2 and a half or three tonite. Wohhooo