Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Water ~

The water here is treated. It comes from Lake Michigan and sometimes it smells funny. I recently visited a friend who lives inland and has well-water. When I drank a glass at her house, I couldn't believe how good it tasted.

Do you have good water at your house? Or do you get bottled water, like with a cooler delivered to your house? Or do you actually BUY bottled water when you shop or go to a convenience store or Super-Market and but it by the case?

I used to get spring water right from the ground and fill bottles, it was free from an artesian well where I used to live on the East Coast. I miss it very much. :laugh:

As a kid I can remember that we actually could drink the water from the faucet..Course that was a long time ago..But it still seems incredible..Myself..I buy bottled water when I do my food shopping..

We buy ours, and have for a while. When we were younger (me, Emil, and wookieofborg) we would try to drink out of the water hose...especially when it was in the dead heat of summer. We have well water here.

We can drink water directly out of the tap. There is no need to buy water since most of it is drinkable.

The water Buffalo comes from Lake Erie. The lake water when I was kid was not safe to drink. To drink the water it has to be heavy treated which left a chemical taste to it. Now I just drink bottle water. Good news the lake water is almost drinkable.

I get water from the tap. (I've always had a hard time spending huge sums of money

for fancy French spring water, which is probably just some guy in his kitchen filling

bottles.) However, I use a Brita filter. It makes a big difference in reducing odor and

hardness. Try it!

A 'Brita' filter reduces hardness?? I have one of those. I should do that with the water I rinse my hair with. The water here is very hard and it makes your hair stick together :laugh: Thanks nik. Isn't there a chemical way to make the water soft??? Like with some sort of salts?? Baking soda, perhaps??? What about Calgon Water Softener?

We can drink water directly out of the tap. There is no need to buy water since most of it is drinkable.

284270[/snapback]

Isn't it sad when we have to judge the "Drinkability" of our water. :laugh::waaaa:

I think so. Primarily it reduces chloring, certain metals, and some organics. One can purchase a brita system at various levels of complexity.

284270[/snapback]

Isn't it sad when we have to judge the "Drinkability" of our water. :laugh::waaaa:

284324[/snapback]

Yeah its a pity. I price meself quite lucky not to worry about water shortage for the time being.

There''s more then enough for everybody here.

We have a well that comes up to our place.

Course I don't drink alot of water so it's not something I think about.