Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Awakening"?

What rating would you give "Awakning" out of 10?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Awakning" out of 10?

Well, I'm gonna be absolutley lost tonight. I missed the first part last week. First time I've ever missed an episode of Enterprise. I feel rather defeated. Oh well. I hope the first part was great for everyone! Hope tonights is great too! (of course) Enjoy!

Click For Spoiler
This episode was surprisingly good. It sums up what Vulcans have really become and why they need to change. They tried to blast Enterprise out of the sky despite being allies and are willing to destroy Andoria because of faulty intelligence (sound familiar?).

The one thing that stopped me from giving this episode a 10 was the Vulcans in this episode. Not only were the bad ones too guided by emotions, but I noticed many emotions in the good ones too. On her death bed, T'Pol's mom was on the verge of tears, while T'Pol herself wept. And T'Pau was getting angry at one point.

Other than that one point, the episode was quite enjoyable. 9/10.

I give it a 10.

Click For Spoiler

I just wish they had made this a 2 part arc, I'm getting tired of 3+ part arcs.

Click For Spoiler

283903[/snapback]

Great to see Trip in command! I gave it a 10.

283925[/snapback]

What channel did you guys see it on? CityTV is showing Mr. Deeds. I have to wait until 10!

Sorry, couldn't vote. My rating wasn't there. :huh:

Click For Spoiler
I gave it a 12. The best episode yet this season in my opinion. I truely saw the 'Power of the Vulcan Mind' and why is Archer always getting clobbered?? :laugh::waaaa: He's going to end up like Mohammed Ali. :laugh: I don't know what else to say right now. I'll have to come back tomorrow. :laugh:

Click For Spoiler
This episode was surprisingly good.  It sums up what Vulcans have really become and why they need to change.  They tried to blast Enterprise out of the sky despite being allies and are willing to destroy Andoria because of faulty intelligence (sound familiar?).

The one thing that stopped me from giving this episode a 10 was the Vulcans in this episode.  Not only were the bad ones too guided by emotions, but I noticed many emotions in the good ones too.  On her death bed, T'Pol's mom was on the verge of tears, while T'Pol herself wept.  And T'Pau was getting angry at one point.

Other than that one point, the episode was quite enjoyable.  9/10.

283903[/snapback]

This is turning into a great episode. I am looking forward to next week.

Click For Spoiler
I do not know about any of you. But I see some commentary on our present current events in this episode. When the Vulcan High Command started talking about pre-emptive strikes, a bell went off in my mind.

I am looking forward to see what happens with Surak's contra in Archer. It is extremely interesting why the contra prefers Archer. Next week should be great. I wonder if the artifact has any powers.

Edited by Data

I really liked it too. I'm still absorbing the story though. I do agree that I'd prefer to see two-part arcs rather than three-parters but that's a minor little complaint from me.

I think the episode needed to be longer than a two parter. There is a lot to the story.

Edited by Data

was blown away...best yet. loved every minute of it. and soval is rocking in his new found allegiance with humans.

and loved the bush commentary. this is why i've always loved trek...just like TOS. making a point and allowing the audience to take it from there...

keep it up ENT....loving it since the first with no end in sight. :laugh:

Edited by chimei01

was blown away...best yet. loved every minute of it. and soval is rocking in his new found allegiance with humans.

and loved the bush commentary. this is why i've always loved trek...just like TOS. making a point and allowing the audience to take it from there...

keep it up ENT....loving it since the first with no end in sight. :laugh:

283935[/snapback]

Ahh, somebody else saw it too. Yes, that is like TOS.

I didnt get to see the first 20 mins. What I saw was great. Mom and Dad thought I was going crazy. I remember it being Friday and I was yelling. =)

This is sure turning out to be one heck of a season. I too thought it was an awesome episode and I can hardly wait for next Friday to come.

Guess I'm the oddball in the bunch. It didn't keep my interest and I didn't make it to the end. I liked that they didn't focus on the crew itself much, and focused more on the aliens, but the aliens weren't interesting. The Vulcans aren't new, mind melds aren't new and they seem to be overutilized, now. There's always hostility and aliens seem to be nothing unusual. Captain Kirk found many an interesting race; he respected what he found and was always discovering. It's almost like the two series are inverted..; TOS being first and Enterprise following...

I probably shouldn't say anything, because all of you seem to like it but I had tonight off ,as I worked the a.m. . I was disappointed ...I'm happy for you guys that liked it, though; wish I agreed!

Heron

Click For Spoiler
I thought it was sluggish, gave it a 7. But it gave me something to do while suffering insomnia.

Interesting the parallels people chose to see in this.

The only thing I thought of was Christianity when they talked about falling away from the true teachings.

As for similarity to the war on terror - I guess I missed it - but if TPTB are trying to portray Al Qaeda as innocent little misunderstood pacifists this is one viewer they'll lose. And how does this relate to T'Pau, a declared pacifist, who would willingly kill another person (particularly a less important species like a human) if it furthered the cause. Is this suggesting violence is acceptable if you like the cause it's just when you don't like the cause that it isn't acceptable.

Overall, I probably rated it too high, it was boring. And I caught all of that emotion and thought there was too much. My favorite line was when Ambassador Soval said "thank you" and yes, I did like seeing Trip in charge and I like it that he was the one to head off to Andoria (and did you notice he was disobeying a direct order from Star Fleet by remaining in Vulcan space - I see Trip as having shades of Kirk in him) IMO, more Trip and Soval screen time and less Archer and T'Pol - the latter are boring together.

Click For Spoiler

Although I too am getting a little tired of the three parters I have enjoyed this one so far. Once again I liked the insight into the vulcan past, very interesting to see that they went through nuclear war.Also liked how once again a human is carrying the Katra of one of the most important Vulcans ever(ie spock in Mccoy).Some people here have talked about the emotional vulcans, I thought the High Command was a little too emotioal, they were too quick to try to blow Enterprise out of the sky.

I believed I reconized the head Vulcan's voice(can't remember his name at the moment)I know Ive heard it from somewhere, just cant pinpoint from where.

Anyways good episode gave it a 7.5/10 overall.

I gave it a 10. Along with last weeks episode, it went well as a cliff-hanger. Also, it begins giving insight to the vulcans we've all become familiar with.

Surax, I disagree with one thing you said...

Click For Spoiler
The vulcans didn't want to attack Andoria because of faulty intelligence. It was because the Vulcan High Commander (I don't know how to spell his name) had ambitions too high. Notice that the others under his direct command were already showing signs of friction because of his commands.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I gave this episode a 10. I'm realy enjoying these mini arcs, the only downside is having to wait another week to see what happens :laugh:

It gets a solid 9 from me. :laugh:

I've been very picky about ENT as of late, but this ep kept me entertained. To be honest, I was disappointed with "The Forge." I had read some of the reviews here before I watched it, and how action-oriented some said it was. When I watched it, I ... was ... bored. It was good, but not great.

This week was fun, and I love seeing how Manny is tying up all the loose ends.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

283993[/snapback]

If you're referring to V'Las he's played by Robert Foxworth. He was Admiral Leyton in DS9's Homefront and Paradise Lost.

Click For Spoiler

Although I too am getting a little tired of the three parters I have enjoyed this one so far. Once again I liked the insight into the vulcan past, very interesting to see that they went through nuclear war.Also liked how once again a human is carrying the Katra of one of the most important Vulcans ever(ie spock in Mccoy).Some people here have talked about the emotional vulcans, I thought the High Command was a little too emotioal, they were too quick to try to blow Enterprise out of the sky.

I believed I reconized the head Vulcan's voice(can't remember his name at the moment)I know Ive heard it from somewhere, just cant pinpoint from where.

Anyways good episode gave it a 7.5/10 overall.

283993[/snapback]

If you're referring to V'Las he's played by Robert Foxworth. He was Admiral Leyton in DS9's Homefront and Paradise Lost.

284054[/snapback]

I noticed that.

This was a great episode!!1 I'm loving we get to learn more of the Vulcan culture!!! And I'm really loving how Manny Coto has done a outstanding job tying in Enterprise with TOS!

This show must come back for another season, Its just getting too darn good for it not to.

I gave it a 9.5, and for once I get to watch it a second time. I watched it at my mother's house. She lives in an area where Enteprise airs Friday night.

I liked it as much as I liked the Forge, although I was

Click For Spoiler

Sign in to follow this