Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Season 3 - When it got good

I think that Enterprise may still have hope for a good future when I consider DS9. To begin with, in the first two seasons, the storylines were all a little 'one off' with a struggle to establish characters, set limits for relationships, and find a direction. After season 3 however, we had the shaping up of the Dominion War, the Klingon Arc and generally the series took off into what was one of the best epics Star trek had seen since the 2-4 movies! Enterprise has certainly been creaking along but maybe this Xindi thing will take Enterprise too into the success of DS9's last seasons.

I think season three is when the show kicked into high gear, but I very much liked season two as well, if only for its intrigue regarding the Dominion. Up until "The Jem'Hadar", the Dominion had only been mentioned in whispers in previous episodes. They were said to be powerful but mysterious in "Rules of Acquisition", "Sanctuary", and "Shadowplay", and then when we finally meet them in "The Jem'Hadar", they prove their mettle by taking out a Galaxy-class starship, then thought to be the pinnacle of Starfleet might. I mean, hot damn. That was great. Anyway, yeah, I liked season two as well.

i liked it straight from the begining, it just kept getting better. same with enterprise, i loved it from the first show on, and its just getting better. :martok:

I repectfully Disagree. DS9 got good in its second season. It started to brake away from the previous trek series, and become its own show and I think the Bajoran story (The Circle Trilogy) showed that. Also, it allowed the characters (Regular and recurring) to grow and become likable. Besides, it had several gems like:

The Circle Trilogy

Necessary Evil

The Maquis I & II

Crossover

The Wire

Jem'Hadar

I am looking very foward to season 3 though.

I also agree that Season 3 is when DS9 kicked into high gear, but Season Two was great in places. Cardassians is decent, but The Wire ROCKS. It still is my ( and my sister's) favorite episode of all of them.

The whole Circle trilogy is good. I love Second Sight because I love R. Kiley. All in all, I'm glad I have it on DVD, and can't WAIT for Season 3. (Only a little over a week now - then a wait until I can find it on half.com :andorian: )

I think that this has been true for all of the shows to date. DS9 had so great shows in it's first two seasons but it was diffentatly season 3 when it took off. And I think this was even more dramaticly true for the Next Generation. Not that I didn't like them, but after season 3 of TNG the first two seasons seemed almost like a joke.

I have faith in my heart (get it!) that this next year of Enterprise is going to rule!

DS9 got really good with The Circle.

All the political aspects for Bajor and the battle for power were really interesting.

A little sad that they left that a little aside, especially in the finale season.