Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Bad Habits ~

I bit my nails til I was 12. I devised a way to stop it. It worked. I tired the pepper sauce thing on my nails but just kept right on biting right through it. I drooled and slobbered alot but just kept doing it. If anyone has this habit in here and wants to know how I stopped, just ask, I'll tell you. But I want to see if anyone else does this and has tried to stop. Otherwise this thread will just get buried in the forums and disappear forever. I haven't bitten my nails now in 14 years. I devised my own way to stop and it worked. I was BAD too. I used to peel them off in sheets and get infections under the cuticles and nailbeds. I am so glad I was able to figure out a way to stop.

Edited by Jeanway

Since someone brought up 'Smoking' and I brought up 'Nail Biting' so far this morning. Do you have any 'Bad Habits" you'd like to stop?

I don't have all of these bad habits, thank God :unsure: it's just a general list. I do procrastinate a lot though. I also swear, but I don't consider that a bad habit. I consider it character. :assimilated:

Throat Clearing

Procrastination

Gambling

Talking during a movie

Swearing

Speeding

Nail-biting

Overspending

Tailgating

Eavesdropping

One-upmanship

Chewing tobacco

Nail clipping in public

Being a know-it-all

Monopolizing the conversation

Interrupting

Chronic lateness

Spitting

Belching

I used to bite my nails but then stop, not sure how but i did. I have a bad habbit of sitting up untill 3am on the computer then going to bed relising i have to be up at 7.

WHOA Fen, that's SOME list :assimilated: Yepp, I have a few of those :unsure: I didn't think they were bad habits though, I just those they were personality defects :blink: :yes:

I also have avery bad habit of NOT PICKING UP THE PHONE! Like I expect it to magically work by just looking at it or something. :assimilated: Stoopid.

And I also have a very bad habit of Jumping to Conclusions and hurting myself and other people. :assimilated: :unsure:

Procrastination

Swearing

Eavesdropping

Being a know-it-all

Monopolizing the conversation

Interrupting

Out of Fenriz's list, these are probably the ones I do most. I have a couple of others too, like going on the computer when I should be doing homework, being really blunt, and eating chocolate.

O.K., I confess. I never had such a potty mouth til I started hanging around with Fen. :assimilated: :yes: :blink: Sorry Fen :unsure:

Out of Fenriz's list, these are probably the ones I do most. I have a couple of others too, like going on the computer when I should be doing homework, being really blunt, and eating chocolate.

283681[/snapback]

:unsure: Woah there, Valeris! "Eating chocolate" is a bad habit? No way, jose!!

If it is, by some dastardly, twisted rule, then I am doomed! :assimilated:

283681[/snapback]

:assimilated: Woah there, Valeris! "Eating chocolate" is a bad habit? No way, jose!!

If it is, by some dastardly, twisted rule, then I am doomed! :blink:

283703[/snapback]

Well, it is a bad habit if you were never exactly skinny to begin with :unsure: but yeah, I am doomed too.

O.K., I confess. I never had such a potty mouth til I started hanging around with Fen. :assimilated: :yes:  :blink: Sorry Fen :P

283694[/snapback]

Hey, c'mon. They're perfectly accceptable words that add a dash of oomph to a discussion. Throw a couple out there when you're on line at the bank next time and see if you get better service. :unsure: jk.

Edited by fenriz275

Click For Spoiler
What??? :P No nose-pickers or thumb-suckers??? :assimilated:  :unsure:

283871[/snapback]

I bet lots do that but would probably rather not discuss that. :blink:

Edited by Cougar

Click For Spoiler
What??? :P No nose-pickers or thumb-suckers??? :assimilated:  :unsure:

283871[/snapback]

I bet lots do that but would probably rather not discuss that. :blink: