Sign in to follow this  
thayln

[S] SEASON 3 NEWS

Hi!

I´m new to the board and I will ever have difficulties with your language, even though I´m able to read and to express my thoughts you will have to forgive me if I can´t understand the complex considerations (dictionary) you are posting here! If I use my dictionary I will let you know..so you may correct me if I´m wrong.

I would like to put a much more primitive opinion to this topic: Should anyone on the Enterprise "mate" with anyone else? (I heard the word "mating" a bit too often in the second season... :laugh: )

Well, because I´m an Archer fan I think he has a lot of sexual radiation (dictionary) and I am shure I couldn´t stand to throw him on the bed if I would be only a few millimeters away from him in his ready room. And T´Pol is a very beautyful women, vulcan or not.

But the story would develop like it has for a Million years: Man wants woman, woman wants man...they "mate" and where does it end? The excitement ends! (Some of you may know this... :lol: )

I have seen a lot of TV series where a sexual attraction between the main characters was evolved. Fans of these series keep watching for years, speculating about all possible ways how the couple can act and if the writers give the fans what they want (sex!) .... the excitement ends..it always does.

I would LOVE to see Archer and T´Pol becoming a couple (if this ever will happen, dear writers, please don´t forget some loooong romantic scenes!), but after my low instincts have been satisfied, what will I expect next? What will I hope for, and where will the excitement be?

NO, even if this would be heaven on earth... eehhmm, space- I prefer speculatiing when and where, how and how often.. but I don´t want to become it real.

I new some TV series who ended after the leading actors have become a couple, and I think this would happen to Enterprise if ever the needs of the FANS will be satisfied.

The show stays interesting if we have to speculate and keep hoping for romantic love affairs (well, maybe not all of you boys, but the girls do!), so they will never give us ALL that we want, only a short glimpse....

Thanks for listening, Baerbel "Beagle" Born

PS: Uhh, this is more horrible than a 3 hours school work.....if my english teacher could see me know.... :clap:

Sorry, but if T'Pol stays true to her Vulcan culture, then she won't be having a relationship with any of the crew. I could see her have a fling with Trip at best, maybe she explores "human dating rituals" for educational perposes for a few episodes. That sort of thing. Anywho, I don't want to see any more sexuallity on the show! Enough is enough! Have you people forgotten about sex after marriage? :laugh:

I new some TV series who ended after the leading actors have become a couple, and I think this would happen to Enterprise if ever the needs of the FANS will be satisfied.

I agree, there was a show here in the United States back in the middle 1980's called Moonlighting. The 2 main characters were always fighting but it was in a flirtatious way. Once the 2 of them got together the show was doomed. The writers played it out for about 2 or 3 years before finally letting them get together, but once they had there was no place else to take it.

As far as T'Pol staying "true to her Vulcan culture" goes, she's already strayed far from her culture. She didn't return to Vulcan to get married as her culture demanded. She chose to eat a slice of Pecan Pie in one episode, seemingly because Trip told her it was enjoyable. She chose to skip her nightly meditations in order to see what her dreams would be like and the list goes on. She has already shown an openness to experiencing the human culture. She did so even before she was aboard Enterprise while she was in San Francisco in the Jazz Club. Will she ever mate with a human? Probably not, but then again, do we know what Sareks mother's name is? Or his Grandmother? It was never said that Sarek is 100% Vulcan (someone correct me if I am wrong) and Sarek has shown tendencies to allow emotion out at times.

Anyway, I too hope they (the writers) don't get them "together". They need to let the sexual tension remain.

Nah, i think the sex is what makes it. I want to see more. Marriage will be an outdated institution by the time of Enterprise. It's dying out like the church now anyway!

Welcome to the board, Beagle. If English is your second language, you express yourself very well. Don't worry about it. :lol:

Some real romance would be welcome on ENT, yes. I'm a Trip and Hoshi fan myself. :laugh:

Nah, i think the sex is what makes it. I want to see more. Marriage will be an outdated institution by the time of Enterprise. It's dying out like the church now anyway!

The church has been arround for thousands of years. Just becuase today's world has thrown ethics and morals to the wind in favor of a "good time", doesn't mean the church will fade away. Same goes for marriage. Marriage is not an "institution", it's a union between Man and Woman.

The church has been arround for thousands of years. Just becuase today's world has thrown ethics and morals to the wind in favor of a "good time", doesn't mean the church will fade away. Same goes for marriage. Marriage is not an "institution", it's a union between Man and Woman.

I would LOVE to discuss this with Phlox!!! :laugh:

@ vabeachguy : Yes, the Tv show I was thinking of was Moonlightning, with Bruce Willis...?

It became boring with the two beginning a romance. The first "mating" was much fun for the fans (german TV showed it around Midnight...) but the fun ends after a few episodes.

Well, enough speculating, normally I would like to propose to the writers a quite nice story of Captain Archer, traveling back in time, end up in a german sports bar where a very nice lady (see avatar on the left) is serving him a drink... each of them feels the same strange attraction disregarding time and space, they where MEANT for each other! And then.....ooops....I´m spamming again, sorry. :lol:

But back to marriage in the future:

Yes, religion IS a way of mastering your life, but not for everyone. Even today people have a lot of different opinions regarding this topic. I can imagine that in the future totally new concepts of living in groups can be developed. Think of Phlox 3 wifes... to increase genetic variation is one of natures tricks to keep things going......

Here's an idea!  Make Enterprise be about explorring space, then the Romulan War, and finally the founding of the Federation.  Not Archer and T'Pol! :laugh:

That is what the show is about, it is supposed to be a sci-fi show that is "reality based". In reality there is sexual tension between men and women. That's just how it is in real life. Not all people in real life act on those tensions and urges but many do. I'm not here to say it's right or wrong, but it is how real life is. If we want Enterprise to be as real as possible then they have to have the sexual tensions there, otherwise why not make it into a cartoon for Staurday mornings? Or make it into another "Lost In Space" like the one in the 60's.

I would LOVE to discuss this with Phlox!!! :laugh:

@ vabeachguy : Yes, the Tv show I was thinking of was Moonlightning, with Bruce Willis...?

It became boring with the two beginning a romance. The first "mating" was much fun for the fans (german TV showed it around Midnight...) but the fun ends after a few episodes.

Well, enough speculating, normally I would like to propose to the writers a quite nice story of Captain Archer, traveling back in time, end up in a german sports bar where a very nice lady (see avatar on the left) is serving him a drink... each of them feels the same strange attraction disregarding time and space, they where MEANT for each other! And then.....ooops....I´m spamming again, sorry. :lol:

But back to marriage in the future:

Yes, religion IS a way of mastering your life, but not for everyone. Even today people have a lot of different opinions regarding this topic. I can imagine that in the future totally new concepts of living in groups can be developed. Think of Phlox 3 wifes... to increase genetic variation is one of natures tricks to keep things going......

Not only does Phlox have 3 wives but each of his 3 wives have 3 husbands and so on. That's a BIG extended family! LOL

:biggrin:

Well, I definetly think sex has been an issue since back in the TOS days, but I dont Enterprise is handling it as classy as the other shows did. With taglines like "T´Pol is in heat, and she needs relief...", I dunno, its almost like a joke. We arent all a bunch of 10 year olds, itd be much more effective in a subtle...sensual...sort of way.

It's dying out like the church now anyway!

Are you referring to any particular church or just "religion" in general? Do you have any facts to support your claim or is this just an assumption> It is certainly an easy assumption in the US because the media is controlled by the liberal idealogists who spurn religion, morality or anything that the majority of US citizens support. However, I note with my typical cynicism that networks, the music industry etc are rushing to provide religious themed works because ... well gee, there's money to be made. I obviously can not speak to the situation in your country.

Here's a natural selection theory. For the US anyway. Religious persons tend to live longer and be healthier; religious teenagers tend to do better in school, and avoid crime and drugs (including alcohol) than their less religiously inclined classmates. These are research findings. Research also shows that children with married parents tend to fare better in life (education, financial security etc). And as others have mentioned religious persons tend to marry and have more stable families. I wouldn't be suprised if the influence of religion will actually become stronger in the next couple of generations because religious people will be more fit for survival.

One other intriguing tidbit for the US is that the two fastest growing religions in the US are also the most conservative while more liberal churches are losing membership.

As always, "Statistics show only generalities and are not meant to predict the actions of any one individual."

Season 3 Production Report From StarTrek.com

07.14.03 Season III: The Search for "Xindi"

Click for Spoiler:

The first episode of Season 3 completed principal photography last week, kicking off a season that will take Enterprise literally into new directions.

Titled "The Xindi," this segment begins a multi-episode arc that follows the NX-01's journey into the Delphic Expanse, to track down the perpetrators of a brutal assault upon Earth in the Season 2 finale "The Expanse." With a nine-day shooting schedule under the direction of Allan Kroeker, "Xindi" gave the various production departments some of their biggest challenges since the series pilot "Broken Bow."

Michael Westmore's makeup crew had several new alien species to create prosthetics for, but the most fun for them came in some exotic designs for the titular creatures. We learn in this episode that there are actually several sentient species of Xindi, all collaborating in the campaign against humanity, including "Xindi-Reptilians," "Xindi-Sloths" and the simpler "Xindi-Humanoids." We'll also be seeing "Xindi-Insectoids" and "Xindi-Aquatics," but they'll be computer generated by Dan Curry's and Ronald B. Moore's visual effects team. On the set, however, the Insectoids were actually played by stand-ins in black suits, their positions and movements being tracked for digital rendering later.

Herman Zimmerman's set designers had their hands full creating some bizarre new sets, including the Xindi meeting chamber and a mining complex where Captain Archer and his crew search for information. The script calls for this complex to be filled with a murky blue haze, and blue residue caking the walls (the mined substance is called "trellium"). So the production crew not only dressed the mine sets with painted rocks and quartz crystals, but also brought in bags and bags of blue-dyed Styrofoam. A blue-tinted smoke filled the sets during the shooting, and the actors involved in those scenes including Scott Bakula were lucky enough to be smeared with blue dust.

There was one shooting location outside the show's normal three soundstages, and that was across the studio lot. The Paramount Theater — where Enterprise had its world premiere of "Broken Bow" in 2001 — served as a backdrop for a nightmare sequence with Connor Trinneer as "Trip Tucker" being haunted by the loss of his sister in Florida. A greenscreen was used in some of the shots where digital effects will be inserted.

A significant new element in the show this season is the presence of a military contingent, as mentioned in "The Expanse." These soldiers are referred to as MACOs, standing for "Military Assault Command Operations." The MACO group is led by "Major Hayes," played by Steven Culp. Culp is a Star Trek veteran ... sort of. Culp was part of the original final scene of "Star Trek Nemesis" which was edited out of the movie. He played "Martin Madden," Will Riker's replacement as first officer on the Enterprise-E, and he can be seen among the Deleted Scenes on the "Nemesis" DVD (related story).

Coincidentally, another MACO was earlier seen in "Nemesis" — actually, the Star Trek: Voyager episode of that name. Nathan Anderson was "Namon," but here he's "Sergeant Kemper." Daniel Dae Kim was "Gotana-Retz" in "Blink of an Eye," and he's now in the role of "Corporal Chang."

Most of the rest of the large guest cast have been in Star Trek before, including Richard Lineback, Stephen McHattie, Randy Oglesby (who was in the Enterprise episode "Unexpected"), Scott MacDonald, Rick Worthy and Tucker Smallwood.

There was some substantial stunt work involved in scenes where Archer's men and the MACOs are put into action. About a dozen stuntmen were employed under the direction of stunt coordinator Vince Deadrick Jr., and a lot of on-set special effects were utilized, including "air mortars" representing energy pulse fire, "squibs" representing blood, and a lot of sparks amidst the blue smoke and dust.

"The Xindi" was written by executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. This is the second episode in a row for director Kroeker, having concluded last season with "The Expanse," adding to his extensive Star Trek resume.

More information about this episode can be found at the Synopses and Cast & Crew sections of Production News.

Please note: All production information is subject to change.

Sounds like TPTB are going all out. Good. It's about time. Perhaps the threat of cancellation has forced them to think outside the box for a change and inch ever closer to....gasp.....story arcs. I'm particularly intrigued by Tucker's nightmare sequence. It's about time they gave Trinneer something serious to sink his teeth into; he has the talent. When I read about fans opining that ENT (with top notch talent like Trinneer and Billingsley) can't possibly compete with Smallville (with two of the most wooden young ex-models masquerading as actors that I've ever watched, Kristin Kreuk and Tom Welling) quite frankly it irritates me to death. Smallville is no great shakes by any stretch of the imagination. Berman and Braga had better write real stories--continuing stories.

What? You missed the announcement about "sexy tough girl soldier Mackenzie"? It was made days ago at Trekbbs. I'm not kidding. Mackenzie. Her name is Mackenzie. :laugh:

Recently, FilmJerk has revealed that one of Enterprise's new recurring characters is named McKenzie, who is described as "a young, tough and sexy girl soldier." McKenzie and the other marines will be put to the test when an alien named Orgoth boards the ship to steal their weapons. Anthony Montgomery, who plays Travis Mayweather, says that there will be some resentment between the new marines and Enterprise's security officers.

Is Enterprise going the Elite Force way with this commando squad??

All of this hiatus talk is making me thirsty....bring on season 3 already. :bow:

HOLY MOLY!! These spoiler snippets published at Sci-Fi Wire from the Television Critics' Association Press Tour about season three should raise some eyebrows and then some. They sure raised mine. :(

Click for Spoiler:

Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer) Tuesday said the changes to Enterprise this year will not be skin deep.

Speaking to the Sci-Fi Wire at the Television Critics Association press tour, Bakula praised executive producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga's efforts in retooling the series. "What you see are guys that have spent the entire hiatus trying to position the show and new scripts and new ideas, and they're rethinking everything," he said. "I'm saying to them every day, 'Think out of the box'."

Bakula's own wish for Captain Archer to toughen up in season three (story) seems to have been granted. "The idea of being the peaceful 'We-come-in-friendship' [guy]...that guy is gone," the actor said.

But Archer isn't the only character who will be changed by the Xindi's sudden attack on Earth. Commander 'Trip' Tucker, whose sister was killed in the attack, will look to Vulcan Sub-commander T'Pol for solace as he tries to deal with her death. "He may find himself more intimately involved with her than ever before," the Sci-Fi Wire said.

All this talk about the Xindi doesn't mean one of Enterprise's original storylines, the Temporal Cold War, has been forgotten. According to the report, the temporal hijinks will "become an integral part of the Xindi arc later in the season".

I don't which snippet I'm intrigued more by, the one about Archer or Trip. :( Could Berman and Braga actually be considering character based stories? Do I dare hope?

I was at the point where I was about ready to give up watching Enterprise, but I have to say, the spoilers and comments on here have given me some hope! :tear:

Only some, though. :o I'm always irritated by female soldiers, and I don't like that they're going to have one. Female soldiers - who are always sexy, but want to be treated as equals - are so cliche. Women simply aren't as strong as men, physically, but they always act like they are . . . [/rant]

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing Trip's character develop, and some real story-arcs start. :biggrin: I"m also glad to hear that peace-loving Archer will be gone - they were taking it too far.

And Trip and T'Pol getting to know each other better? I actually think that's good - I like how they interact.

I was at the point where I was about ready to give up watching Enterprise, but I have to say, the spoilers and comments on here have given me some hope! :tear:

Only some, though.  :o I'm always irritated by female soldiers, and I don't like that they're going to have one. Female soldiers - who are always sexy, but want to be treated as equals - are so cliche. Women simply aren't as strong as men, physically, but they always act like they are . . . [/rant]

I'm seriously looking forward to seeing Trip's character develop, and some real story-arcs start. :biggrin: I"m also glad to hear that peace-loving Archer will be gone - they were taking it too far.

And Trip and T'Pol getting to know each other better? I actually think that's good - I like how they interact.

Women aren't as strong as in their ability to lift heavy materials - like bursts of strengh. But women are actually stronger when it comes to endurance strength - they can sustain activity longer without giving out. Yeah, the sexy part bothers me too but that's a losing battle. Since I'm incredibly unhappy with the women in the regular cast I'm hoping for some redeeming female character.

I think it's certainly possible they'll make her a good, strong female character. I've seen it pulled off well before. I'm just really skeptical, I guess. :biggrin: I just want to see a female character that is feminine without being a sex kitten, and strong without acting too much like a man (did I mention I never liked Janeway? :( ) :tear:

I suppose I just wish they would portray women and men the way they are. Women have thirty percent less muscle mass than men if they're the same weight (or height?) - in a fight, who is going to win if they're both soldiers? I wish instead of doing that (which I find very unrealistic) they would show other strengths. Women have more endurance, they're just as smart as men, they have better interpersonal skills (generally). I'm a girl, you know - I want a character I can empathize with more realistically not a girl who beat up a man twice her size. :o

Anyway - I'm crossing my fingers to more spoilers and a good female character. :wub: I'm not caring too much for the current female characters either, so let's hope this one will be good. :o

Like all of you, I too am hoping for the "Best" season yet for Enterprise. As Enterprise needs to make a stronger impact on it's fans as well as with others who watch it more casually. I hope there will be a lot more depth to the episodes in this 3rd season. And I certainly hope that should any intimacy develope between "these two" that it will come about after a more in depth friendship/ relationship also develops.....But personally, I'd prefer that sex not be a part of their relationship. :P

Some of you guys have been complaining about the writing on Enterprise. I have to say I don't know what you're talking about. Enterprise RULES! It's the greatest series since TNG and you know why? IT'S FREAKIN HILLARIOUS! I haven't laughed so hard since Data and Worf dressed as Friar Tuck and Allan'a'Dale. Voy and DS9 had some cool plots, and funny bits, and action, and people overcoming their differences to live in harmony and all that jazz BUT they never made me laugh like TNG. ENT does.

Click for Spoiler:

And if Archer and T'pal "get it on".

Well wouldn't that just be so ridiculous, so utterly absurd, that it will make us all giggle uncontrolably? I know I will. And what was wrong with a night in sickbay? Archer got to do that fun apology dance. You guys should watch TOS, that'll loosen you up.

xoxoxo

Jen :lol:

BTW: I take star trek about as seriously as I take life. And you have to laugh at life.

Some of you guys have been complaining about the writing on Enterprise. I have to say I don't know what you're talking about.  Enterprise RULES! It's the greatest series since TNG and you know why?  IT'S FREAKIN HILLARIOUS! I haven't laughed so hard since Data and Worf dressed as Friar Tuck and Allan'a'Dale. Voy and DS9 had some cool plots, and funny bits, and action, and people overcoming their differences to live in harmony and all that jazz BUT they never made me laugh like TNG. ENT does. 

Click for Spoiler:

And if Archer and T'pal "get it on".

Well wouldn't that just be so ridiculous, so utterly absurd, that it will make us all giggle uncontrolably? I know I will. And what was wrong with a night in sickbay? Archer got to do that fun apology dance. You guys should watch TOS, that'll loosen you up.

xoxoxo

Jen :lol:

BTW: I take star trek about as seriously as I take life. And you have to laugh at life.

Great post!

I also think that ENT is one of the best Trek series ever.

Btw. I recently rewatched some of the Original series - they messed much more with the timeline as did all of the other series toghether :dude: .

ST.COM finally has the Expanse Synopsis online:

Click for Spoiler:

Six weeks into the Delphic Expanse, Captain Archer and his crew learn of a Xindi working at a mining colony, and set out to track him down and gain information about the mysterious race. But when Trip and Archer get caught in a deadly trap, Enterprise's newest crew members, a squad of Military Assault Command Operation soldiers (MACOs), must rush to free them. Meanwhile, T?Pol suggests an intriguing Vulcan cure for Trip's vivid nightmares of his sister's death.

T'Pol and Archer???? never gonna happen! maybe in season seven but like everyone has said, its gotta develop, not just happen

$$$MOD NOTE$$$

With Season 3 in full swing, i'm going to un-pin this. If you havn't read through the pages, it's chock-full-of-great information for this season.