Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Pre Dominion?

Which episodes do you prefer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which episodes do you prefer?

• Pre Dominion
    • Post Dominion

I know that this seems quite a simple question but I preferred DS9 when it was Post Dominion. The Defiant, Worf, the new uniforms, the war, the 'outed' genius Bashir, etc were all great in my view. Not Ezri though...

It has to be Post Dominion, Pre Dominion was ok but the eppisodes were better once the defiant was on the seen.

Ezri WAS great!

283167[/snapback]

Man, I couldn't stand her!

Seriously, though, what did you feel was great about Ezri? And, just curious, were you an avid DS9er throughout the series, midway on, or what?

I was just wondering if there was a correlation between the level of devotion to the series and liking/not liking Ezri. Seems there are definitely two camps out here and I wonder if there is something we can put our finger on that makes a person an Ezri lover or an Ezri hater.

You like DS9 and that is really all that matters to me! :congrats:

Well yes I did love DS9 (TNG's still my favourite). If this is any help to your study - I didn't like DS9 immediately, it took about five episodes and then I was hooked. I loved both Jadzia and Terry Farrell and even thoughshe left that didn't take anything away from Ezri for me, I thought it was a great character, like Jadzia in someways but different in others. Both very strong but sweet and always composed (moreso Jadzia for the last one). I thought Nicole DeBoer did a great job with the character.

They didn't need to introduce a new Dax, especially for the last season and particularly not one as annoying and whiny as Ezri.

They should have just used that screentime for the other characters.

Although, if they really wanted something interesting, the new Dax could have been a bloke, perhaps some kind of Starfleet General or something, anything as long as it added to the war story and it would have created all sorts of problems for Bashir and Worf.

:assimilated: :unsure:

They didn't need to introduce a new Dax, especially for the last season and particularly not one as annoying and whiny as Ezri.

They should have just used that screentime for the other characters.

Although, if they really wanted something interesting, the new Dax could have been a bloke, perhaps some kind of Starfleet General or something, anything as long as it added to the war story and it would have created all sorts of problems for Bashir and Worf.

:laugh:  :waaaa:

283709[/snapback]

Making the new Dax a man would have been WAY more interesting and wouldn't have taken more than a two or three episode subplot arc to explore. Or better yet, a one episode exploration of the situation and then more screen time for the remaining regulars.

I was a fan of DS9 from the very beginning. I have no real preference as to pre or post dominion. I enjoyed all of the episodes equally.

Definitely post -- plus the addition of Worf (and his chemistry with Jadzia) was all good.

Edited by athena28

The dominion that's mentioned in the episode Rules Of Acquisition?

285029[/snapback]

Yeah, The Dominion Is Mentioned In "Rules Of Acquisition", "Sanctuary" & "Shadowplay". All From Season 2.

Anyway...I Was Fan From The Begining And It Just Kept Getting Better And Better. The Season 2 Finale "The Jem'Hadar" Really Marked A Turning Point. And I Liked Ezri. Though If We Also Had 6 Seasons To Get To Know Her, I Think She Would Have Developed Well.

I am a Post-Fan, I found the 1st 2 seasons of DS9 to be Stale, I found myself watching Babyalon 5 instead of ds9 but once the Dominion arc started I watched it more, now not a die hard fan but watched it when I could, Now that I understand DS9 more and watch it on Spike, I still am not a huge fan of the 1st few seasons

The early explorations of the conflicts between Bajor, the Cardasians, and the Federation were great, but when the Dominion came along, it defined the show. DS9 went from a regional exploration of the darkness in the 24th century into a massive galactic character study. Post, no question... :angry:

I liked the show better after the Dominion story arc was introduced. I do think that the show could have done a bit more outside of the Dominion arc after the war started. I mean I understand, their at war so that is the main thing happening, but I think a few more stand alone episodes not dealing with the war could have helped maintain the interest of those not interested in the war.

I find it interesting though that so many of the bigger sci-fi shows now introduce aliens posing as gods. In Trek, of course, you have the Founders. Stargate SG1 does this with the Goa'uld. B5 did this, to a degree, with the Shadows. It seems to me that this would create problems for those posing. You've got a Founder and their followers think they are a god. Ok, fantastic. Wow, your god's military force has lost battle after battle and are forced back to Cardassia. Any doubts about divinity yet? :P

I liked the show better after the Dominion story arc was introduced. I do think that the show could have done a bit more outside of the Dominion arc after the war started. I mean I understand, their at war so that is the main thing happening, but I think a few more stand alone episodes not dealing with the war could have helped maintain the interest of those not interested in the war.

I agree that a bit more outside the Dominion arc would have given a bit more variety. The struggle was great, very interesting, but life does go on during a war and not every star trek fans is war-oriented. I liked pre dominion too, but post Dominion was more compelling. I liked Jadzia more but Ezri was fine in her own way. A man as Dax would have been very interesting.

The whole ethos of DS9 (and what it will be remembered for) came post Dominion. The post dominion episodes all had an underlying tone of the war which was raging around them. :P

Post... and I think Ezri is pretty good looking. She's rather cute but I agree things would be really interesting if Dax returned as a man.

I liked the whole series but I did enjoy the port-Dominion stories better. Plus, I liked Ezri a lot. In fact, I liked her better than Jadzia.

Hmm...I Just View DS9 As A Whole. So..That's What I Like...The Pre Dominion Episodes Were Good As Were The Post-Dominion Episodes. As An Show Should, The Seasons Just Kept Getting Better, IMO

After The Dominion Was Introduced They Had Plenty Of Stand Alones, But Ocfourse With The Dominion Arc Looming In The Background. Even After The War Started At The End Of Season 5, I Still Remember Plenty Of Episodes Where The Main Focus Wasn't On The War. :frusty:

Post-dominion for me.

The battle...the Defiant, the character developments, the losses...It was all just meshed together into a perfect storyline that continued to thrill each and every episode.

And perhaps the most important thing that iss great about the post-dominion era is the fact that it showed that the Federation is not all mighty and powerful, nor is it holistically good. With groups like section 31, and the crumbling losses the Federation suffered- include a direct attack on Earth, we are reminded that even the mighty federation can be vulnerable.

Mav.

Post-Dominion.

I really enjoyed the Dominion War story...every single episode.

Some of the pre-Dominion Maquis episodes were good,as were the Mirror Universe stories,but nothing beats the Dom' War.

:)