Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Pre Dominion?

Which episodes do you prefer?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which episodes do you prefer?

• Pre Dominion
    • Post Dominion

I find it interesting though that so many of the bigger sci-fi shows now introduce aliens posing as gods.  In Trek, of course, you have the Founders.  Stargate SG1 does this with the Goa'uld.  B5 did this, to a degree, with the Shadows.  It seems to me that this would create problems for those posing.  You've got a Founder and their followers think they are a god.  Ok, fantastic.  Wow, your god's military force has lost battle after battle and are forced back to Cardassia.  Any doubts about divinity yet?  :eekout:

312450[/snapback]

Only the Prophets worshipped by the Bajorans turned out to be Gods ... which is pretty neat, really. They never tried to conquer other species, they stayed out of things and let the Bajorans take their licks from the Cardassians, they remained observers throughout much of the Dominion War. Then the Emissary intercedes for Bajor, convinces the Prophets to help defeat the Dominion, the Emissary defeats the PahWraiths, and the Emissary goes off to commune with the Prophets in the Celestial Temple.

Unlike the Founders, the Prophets were not interested in corporeal gain. I think that if I were a race in the Gamma Quadrant (*cough* Vorta), I would have been able to spot the difference between those crazy poseurs and the real thing.

On topic: We are re-watching DS9 and are up to season 3. I think that on the whole there were some awesome episodes prior to the Dominion conflict per se. However, the Dominion began to shadow the series VERY EARLY. I would argue almost from the beginning ... so maybe there really is no "pre-Dominion," only a "pre-open war."

I liked both. I guess if I had to choose, though, I'd vote for post-Dominion.

It seems to me that this would create problems for those posing.  You've got a Founder and their followers think they are a god.  Ok, fantastic.  Wow, your god's military force has lost battle after battle and are forced back to Cardassia.  Any doubts about divinity yet?  :eekout:

312450[/snapback]

Since The Founders Breed Them, They May "Program" Them Tp Never Question If The Founders Are Gods...Maybe