Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ DSO Exploit ~

This is a real problem

DSO Exploit

The problem with the DSO Exploit is a little bug.

The DSO Exploit is a security gap in IE. Microsoft did already repair this, so if you have all Windows updates and patches installed, it will not be dangerous for your system.

Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan. Please update your main program.

Download it, execute it and choose the folder of Spybot S&D. Then reboot, scan and fix the problems.

It drives me nuts. Spybot can't repair it. The good thing is that firewalls work well. The problem is fixed with SP2. But I still hear that IE has a few huundred more problems. My friend can hack it. what's to stop a professional hacker?

I know WAB. :congrats: I run SB almost everyday now and that little sucker

always comes back. :hug: I know it's back when my cursor starts flickering and

chugging and jigging. :clap: It's like a Borg virus, it always

adapts :o :yes: :wow: :) It's telling us "Resistance is futile" :wow::congrats:

It's there everyday, Everyday, EVERYDAY!!!!!! :unsure: SOMETIMES MORE THAN ONCE.!!!! :assimilated: :blink:

4 times yesterday I had to run Spybot :nono::nono: And it was the only problem it found and fixed. Persistent little devil, isn't it? Is it there JUST to cause people problems?? I mean what is it's purpose?? :nono:

I think that the makers of SBS&D should fix the engine to detect the SP2 fix that gets rid of it supposedly...

here is a solution in the short term. there is a trial of spy subtract: Venus fly trap. 30 days and it gets rid of it all by the looks. whilst you are at it DSO Exploit is a program that is part of the www.coolwebsearch. programs so down loading CWShredder. this also gets rid of the junk!

This is only ONE of the problems that have led many technical professionals and experts to say to use IE rarely. More and more people are switching to using mozilla firefox as it is much more feature packed and is MUCH more user friendly. Now, if microsoft (providing they wouldn't whine and coooommmmplaaaaiinnn) would just make new versions of files such as Messenger, hotmail, etc that could be opened primarily in a 3rd party web browser then you'd probably see the problems on computers go down fairly soon.

I've just downloaded the new trial version of a Microsoft Spyware scanner. It's decent. However, it did not detect any DSO exploit, but my spybot still says it exists.... :yahoo:

MICROSOFT IS THE DEVIL'S SPAWN!!!

Don't worry... in fact, the new beta version of Spybot Search & Destroy will fix this problem.

To get it simply switch to Advanced Mode, and go to settings, and check the "Display available beta versions" in the "Web update" section.