Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

[S] "The Expanse" PRE/POST THREAD

Unicorn Hunter, sweetie, calm down. Don't be upset. B) I read that spoiler and I thought to myself, "Unicorn Hunter is going to flip." B) I've read the spoilers of which you speak. I'm familiar with exactly the quote that has upset you. That quote to TV Guide came from an "Enterprise publicist." That means a Paramount flunkie. These are the same people who advertised "Cogenitor" as a sex romp in order to draw "the masses."

This article in TV Guide is written to serve the same purpose, so they're playing up the machismo element of Trip's character change.. Mark momma Moulin's words. This is a Paramount employee being quoted. He's using the most provocative language possible to attract the teenaged demographic prized by that lousy half network.

Click for Spoiler:

What "revenge minded *poopie* kicker" means is that Trip is going to be feeling bitter and be out for Xindi blood, but that doesn't mean that his humanity will be completely abandoned. Trip is their handsome, flawed romantic lead. TPTB are wanting a seven year run. They're not going to write Trip into a hole so dark that he can't redeem himself. Can you say "storyline suicide?" That would be insane. Mark my words, TPTB gave this story to Trinneer because he has the talent to imbue Trip with a humanity even when the character strays from the noble path. Trinneer has made lemonades out of lemons how many times with the subpar scripts he's been given? CT has the ability to make the fans see the pain motivating Trip's actions. It's all body language and savvy. Why do you think fans are still willing to give Trip a break after Cogenitor and are harsh on Archer? Because CT makes Trip's pain palpable while Archer comes off a bit high and mighty even if he didn't have an alternative to returning Charles to the Vissians.

Think of the Trip/Malcolm bonding we could see as Malcolm whips out the tough love and pulls his bitter friend back from the brink. :( Think of the comfort the fair Hoshi could give him. :devil: This new direction for Trip could be wonderful for ENT.

I hope that gives you some perspective and helps you cheer up. :bow:

Unicorn Hunter, sweetie, calm down.  Don't be upset. B)  I read that spoiler and I thought to myself, "Unicorn Hunter is going to flip." B) I've read the spoilers of which you speak.  I'm familiar with  exactly the quote that has upset you. That quote to TV Guide came from an "Enterprise publicist."  That means a Paramount flunkie.  These are the same people who advertised "Cogenitor" as a sex romp in order to draw "the masses."

This article in TV Guide is written to serve the same purpose, so they're playing up the machismo element of Trip's character change..  Mark momma Moulin's words.  This is a Paramount employee being quoted. He's using the most provocative language possible to attract the teenaged demographic prized by that lousy half network.

Click for Spoiler:

What "revenge minded *poopie* kicker" means is that Trip is going to be feeling bitter and be out for Xindi blood, but that doesn't mean that his humanity will be completely abandoned. Trip is their handsome, flawed romantic lead.  TPTB are wanting a seven year run.  They're not going to write Trip into a hole so dark that he can't redeem himself. Can you say "storyline suicide?"  That would be insane.  Mark my words, TPTB gave this story to Trinneer because he has the talent to imbue Trip with a humanity even when the character strays from the noble path.  Trinneer has made lemonades out of lemons how many times with the subpar scripts he's been given? CT has the ability to make the fans see the pain motivating Trip's actions.  It's all body language and savvy.  Why do you think fans are still willing to give Trip a break after Cogenitor and are harsh on Archer?  Because CT makes Trip's pain palpable while Archer comes off a bit high and mighty even if he didn't have an alternative to returning Charles to the Vissians.

Think of the Trip/Malcolm bonding we could see as Malcolm whips out the tough love and pulls his bitter friend back from the brink. :( Think of the comfort the fair Hoshi could give him.  :devil:  This new direction for Trip could be wonderful for ENT.

I hope that gives you some perspective and helps you cheer up.  :bow:

Okay I feel better - you must be one heck of a mom.

I wish I were a mom. No such luck for me. B) Sometimes faulty biology and bad luck conspire to keep the fertility goddesses away.

Trip might teeter on the edge, but he won't fall off. Trust me on that score. B) This story was written for Connor because he has the talent to pull it off successfully. I think that although we may be shocked, we'll also be pleased.

Think "tortured soul." Think "brooding anti-hero." Think Malcolm comforting his distraught, angry friend. You feeling better? :devil: I know I am. He he he he.....they were so good together in SP1. Now Malcolm can be the strong one for Trip when Trip needs him. Doesn't that sound terrific? :(

Oh my! Is it just me or did it suddenly get really hot in here.

Don't you love a character that can suffer so beautifully, and this cast is chock full of 'em. Bring on the angst, baby!

---------------

thayln

"A flicker, a shimmer, a passing thought in the endless silent ruminations of the universe." Diane Duane

I'm with you, Thayln. Bring on the angst, baby. They've got to find a way to get Jon into the mix here with Trip and Malcolm. :devil: Those are three evocative men. Trip becomes more militaristic like Malcolm and Jon is left wondering, "where did my young friend go?" :(

Angst. B)

Oh my!  Is it just me or did it suddenly get really hot in here.

Don't you love a character that can suffer so beautifully, and this cast is chock full of 'em.  Bring on the angst, baby!

---------------

thayln

"A flicker, a shimmer, a passing thought in the endless silent ruminations of the universe." Diane Duane

MoulinRouge Posted on May 7 2003, 03:09 PM

I'm with you, Thayln. Bring on the angst, baby. They've got to find a way to get Jon into the mix here with Trip and Malcolm.  Those are three evocative men. Trip becomes more militaristic like Malcolm and Jon is left wondering, "where did my young friend go?" 

Angst. 

Wow!!!

big sigh

Spoiler for Regeneration and 3rd Season:

Click for Spoiler:

Ok, guys I got it figured out. Jon has to comfort Trip when the Xindi hit. It will help them heal their friendship. Malcolm can have the next time. :devil:

Later,

Thayln

"Free your mind..." 7 days and counting

Spoiler for Regeneration and 3rd Season:

Click for Spoiler:

Ok, guys I got it figured out.  Jon has to comfort Trip when the Xindi hit.  It will help them heal their friendship.  Malcolm can have the next time.  :devil:

Later,

Thayln

"Free your mind..."  7 days and counting

More speculation on the expanse:

Click for Spoiler:

I am sure it will be Jon that has to break the news to him. That should make for some good suffering on both their parts. I agree it would be a good opportunity for rebuilding the friendship. Sad to say that's often how it works in real life.

They seemed to be on reasonable terms tonight - considering the circumstances except I didn't get the scene around the display table when everyone but Trip left. Was Archer ignoring him or just uptight?

Some information is new and some are old.It's about Expanse the final episode for Season 2.This is a Extreme Spoilers,There are some information are old and new.Sorry if this is already heard.

Click for Spoiler:

-The episode will start with the Xindi attacking Earth, and Duras given the task of bringing Archer in for Klingon justice.

-The death toll for the Xindi attack will be in the millions.

-Enterprise will be recalled, however along the way Duras will attack Enterprise

-During this battle, Enterprise will be disabled. Duras will then attempt to board Enterprise. At the last moment, several warp two Starfleet ships will show up and fight Duras and force him to retreat.

-When Enterprise returns to Earth, Trip finds out that his hometown was destroyed. His sister being one of the casualties.

-Archer eventually gets information about a second planned attack and decides to take Enterprise into the Delphic Expanse, where the Xindi are located. Starfleet decides to upgrade Enterprise to make in combat ready. Part of the upgrade is a commando unit.

-The Xindi attacked Earth because they were told that Earth would be responsible for the destruction of there homeworld in 400 years.

-The Xindi will actually be multiple species(reptiles, insects, mammals, etc.) that evolved on the same world. The differnt species will all have differnt technolgy.

-The Vulcans do not support Starfleets dissision to let Enterprise go into the Delphic Expanse, so they recall T'Pol.

-T'Pol, feeling the crew will need her help, resigns her commision.

-Enterprise will be getting Photon Torpedos, which will make there first apperence in the third season.

-The Archer-Rebecca subplot is rumored to be on the cutting room floor.

$$$ MOD NOTE $$$

Note: Some posts made in "The Expanse" Thread have been moved/merged with the "Cogenitor" Thread

To continue any discusions concerning "Cogenitor" you can do so by clicking here.

I have put together all of the spoilers I have found on the internet and I'm going to post them here.

Remember, these are all rumors until the episode airs.

Click for Spoiler:

-The Xindi attack will kill 7 million people, including Trip's sister

-The Xindi attack Earth because they have information that says Earth will be responsible for the destruction of there homeworld in the 25th century

-The Klingon High Council sends Duras to capture Archer so he may regain his honor

-While returning to Earth, Enterprise is attackted, and disabled, by Duras

-Before Duras can board Enterprise, three Starfleet ships warp in and fight Duras off

-The Starfleet ships will not be NX vessels, but will be warp 2 ships

-Archer learns that the Xindi are planning a second, more massive attack against Earth

-Archer may have got the information from future guy

-Archer convinces Starfleet to send Enterprise to the Delphic Expanse, but Starfleet upgrades Enterprise for combat

-Part of these upgrades is a commando team

-The Vulcan High Command orders T'Pol off Enterprise

-T'Pol, in a sense of loyalty, resigns her commssion in order to stay on Enterprise.

And a couple spoilers for the third season

-The opening theme will be changed to both reflect the new direction of the series, and to make it more Star Trek because of complaints.

-T'Pol will have a new hairdo and catsuit

-The Enterprise will fire Starfleets first photon torpedos

Remember, all rumors. One, or all may be wrong. If you have any I missed, please post them. Also, please comment on what you think.

Click for Spoiler:

-The opening theme will be changed to both reflect the new direction of the series, and to make it more Star Trek because of complaints.

This sounds like utter crap! Why the heck would they change something "becuase of complaints"? If someone won't watch a tv show becuase of the theme song, I doubt changing it will make them like the show. If someone likes a show enough to complain about the theme song, not changing it won't make them stop watching.

If they want to fix it up like they did the DS9 theme, I'm all for it, but if they change it all together, well... I'll be sending angry letters to Paramount! :wow:

I did not read under the spoilers but other things said suggest I am not going to be happy. :wow: Don’t the PTB understand they cannot please everyone? Why do they insist on making the complainers happy while at the same time giving them which were happy, the shaft?

I never complained about the theme - I thought the words to the song were appropriate. However, I have had a lot of acquantainces complain to me about it - so apparently it is a big deal to some.

It could be that they did some test marketing to see how the music affects people. While I never paid much attention to the intro I know from watchng the alternate it actually imparts a better "feel" to me.

I realy hope that the spoilers about the photon torpedoes are going to be right, couse now the phase cannons are looking much more powerfull than the torpedoes they have now.

Can't wait to see this one :innocent:!!!

Weapons.

Click for Spoiler:

IMO opinion I think it's to early for Phton Torpedoes. I know I'm being too picky but In TOS Balance Terror Episode it was said that the Romulan wars were fought with primitive nuclear weapons. At least I believe that's what was said. I may be wrong

Well, they said atomic weapons. But I'm sure they meant nuclear weapons, while primative anti-matter weapons would have been more beliveble.

Weapons.

Click for Spoiler:

IMO opinion I think it's to early for Phton Torpedoes.  I know I'm being too picky but In TOS Balance Terror Episode it was said that the Romulan wars were fought with primitive nuclear weapons.  At least I believe that's what was said.  I may be wrong

What's more powerful, a nuculear bomb? or a photon torpedoe? In Star Trek V Kirk had the Enterprise fire a Torpedoe only a few feet away from them to destroy the alien that claimed to be God. A prototype to our current nuklear bombs managed to take out whole cities during World War II. I think just because they now have Photon Torpedoes doesn't rule out that they could and or would still use nukes during a full scale war.

Ok, just completed posting todays promotions... now it's time to watch The Expanse  :laugh:  :)  :)

VBG, you are the man, thanks to you ive found bit torrents, and ktrek helped me even more, :) thus i just finished watching the expanse.

Click for Spoiler:

EXCELLENT, i cant wait till next season. we saw more klingon action in this episode, along with the souliban, and learned about photon torpedos. in regards to someones statement about yeild with a photon torpedo, they are adjustable yeilds, ranging from knocking something off a shuttlepod without scratching it, to a 3 kilometer hole in a astroid. seeing how the souliban are involved, watch it you'll find out how, im thinking there maybe something to what someone said about the temporal cold war. if this episode is any indication of next season, BRING IT ON, I CANT WAIT.

I GIVE THIS EPISODE A 9.5/10 ALWAYS ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT NO MATTER WHAT THE SHOW. :)

It is only 9:30 in the morning and already I need to start avoiding spoilers!? AAARRRGGGHHH!

im sorry, i really wasnt trying to make your day any more complicated than it already is. :laugh: just dont click on'em :)

Yeah, right. That's like trying to eat one piece of popcorn.

Well ya can't out-evil me. I'll figure out a way to get revenge. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yeah, right.  That's like trying to eat one piece of popcorn. 

Well ya can't out-evil me.  I'll figure out a way go get revenge.  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

REVENGE!!!!!!!! for what, im not the first person to do spoilers. cant we just be friends :)

Hold on people, I did not mean to start anything, I was kidding, I shold have put a > :laugh: To express that, I'm sorry. Let me try again; Here is is only 11:00 am and I already need to start avoiding spoilers! AAARRRGGGHHH! :) Keep on Trekking!

What a great episode! How will I manage to survive until next season? It felt like only 20 minutes had passed, but then the episode was over.. One of the best so far!

Click for Spoiler:

I really liked the development of Trips character (well, not liked in that way, but it's very interesting). It's going to be fun watching were this all ends, will they let thoughts of revenge control their actions, or? Also the battlescenes with the Klingons were great!

I rate it a 9.5/10

HOLY CRAP! 10/10! YES IT DID SEEM LIKE ONLY MINUTES PASSED AND IT WAS OVER, BUT ISNT THAT HOW ALL TREK IS??? I LOVE THIS EPISODE!

Click for Spoiler:

suliban, klingons, photon torpedos...this episode had everything. poor trip. he must want revenge on those damn attackers. why must i have to wait 6 months for both enterprise AND the matrix: revolutions??? why??? i was worried about this war type thing but if its this good the whole series then my worries were misguided. i cannot wait. and durass died!!! HAHAHAH :devil: :) !!!

well, thats it. cant wait til next season.