Sign in to follow this  
dsbs

Janeway or Picard

Who did you think was the better captain?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you think was the better captain?

• Janeway
    • Picard

Once again I vote Janeway, but I was curious to see how this poll would do in the VOY boards vs the TNG boards...

Once again I vote Janeway, but I was curious to see how this poll would do in the VOY boards vs the TNG boards...

I really liked both Captains Picard and Janeway. I find it a difficult comparison, as the situations and circumstances they found themselves dealing with were so different. However, I give the edge to Janeway. :martok:

Janeway was the better Captain, by far - at least she never succumbed to the need to fraternize with crew (bad, bad ol' baldy!), and ultimately needed no 'help' dealing with the Borg, or returning from the Delta Quadrant - need I say more? ABSOLUTELY - Picard saved the Earth twice over from the Borg, but it was Janeway who dealt them the most crippling blow; she also came out of assimilation a lot less worse for the wear, and as for her no longer being in the captain's chair, just wait for the movie!

YES!!! I evened up the votes 5/5 I voted for Janeway because she was competely awesome in Future's End and Year of Hell. She faced so many personal struggles while being captain, and the ultimate struggle of being the first woman captain of a starship federation space ship. She was taken advantage of by the Kazon Sect, and they made it clear that they disrespected women. She was excellnet in easing that tension.

Janeway...she was a strong character, you got to see all facets of her personality, she was more of a person than the Picard character. Still respect Picard.

Both Janeway and Picard were very strong captains. But I voted Janeway, because she was just more...approachable. She was more down to earth, she knew when to trust her gut, and when to use logic. Picard was just an all out amazing captain (why else would he command the Enterprise? :laugh: ) But he always seemed a little too riged to me. JMHO. :waaaa:

I can't deny to liking Janeway better; however, I also can't deny I believe Picard was a superior Captain -- therefore, I vote for him.

553.gif

At the beginning I liked Janeway. I liked the idea of having a woman captain and I liked Kate Mulgrew. However I ended up hating what the writers did to her. They ended up making her weak and wishy-washy. There was an episode I forget the name, but the ship had to travel through a dark matter nebula and couldn't see the stars and it was going to take several months. At the time when the crew needed her most to keep up moral support she sulked in her cabin like Achillies in his tent. She refused to execute her duties. She passed off her watch to Ensign Kim and Chakotay. Her policies would change based on her mood at the time. She came down on Paris and put him in the brig and demoted him because he violated the prime directive in attempting to save the people on the water world by destroying technology that was harming the planet. Yet Janeway had no problem violating the Prime Directive in disobeying the wishes of a sentient species who ordered them to stay out of their region of space. She nearly caused an interstellar war just to shave 6 months off a 76 year long trip.

As for Janeway dealing the most crippling blow. Picard could have destroyed all of the Borg through Hugh, but his compassion lead him to save the young Borg and ended up dividing the collective and create Borg with freewill. Janeway also had to commit crimes and violate temporal laws to save her crew and decimate the borg. Also Picard did it all in real time. Also Picard has saved the entire universe "All Good Things." Also Janeway was never truly assimilated into the collective. She had the benefit of having the Doctor prevent her from having her mind assimilated by using some kind of anti-nano treatment.

In my opinion Picard is the better Captain.

I voted for Picard, but it was a tough choice. I actually decided on Picard simply because Janeway's no longer a captain. How's that for ducking the issue. B)

They are both good captain in there own right. Janeway was the better catain. She her crew was first sent to different area of space. In seven years the crew of Voyager was back to Sol.

i do like both picard and janeway, they both were very good captains in very different ways, they both earned the admiration and respect of there crews. but at a push i'd have to choose janeway B)

I prefer Picard. I think that he is a better all around captain, though Janeway getting Voyager home is quite impressive.

Jean-Luc, of course.

I don't like Janeway that much, I must admit that.

She changes too sudden and too much. One time the "Let's keep the prime directive no matter what" - attitude and in the next episode "oh, well, who cares about the prime directive" - attitude...

So, I go with Jean-Luc. He's the best captain anyway. B) (IMO)

My vote goes to Picard, he 's a very strong captain and gets the respect he deserves from his crew and for the number one reason for my vote....he's a BABE.... :(