Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

How would you Rate "The Forge"?

What rating would you give "The Forge" out of 10?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Forge" out of 10?

Since Captain Bolivar isn't here this is Ambassador Jeanway asking what you thought of tonight's episode?? Spoilers Please. :nono:

How do you rate tonight's episode?

Please remember, not everyone see's the episode at the same time so use Spoilers and please only discuss tonight's episode in this thread.

I've been waiting for Enterprise to give us a better look at Vulcan.

Click For Spoiler
It's starting to look like the Andorians might be right about not trusting the High Command. Is it just me or do the Syrranites remind anyone else of the Vulcans we're used to seeing? I mean from the TOS and TNG eras. Did anyone else catch the reference to the Romulans when Arek talked about the last battle between the followers of Surak and those who marched under the Raptor banner.(can't remember the exact words, sorry.) I thought that was a nice little piece of flavor thrown in there.

Click For Spoiler
I gave it a 10. I loved it. Nice to see an animal in there. Just wish I could have got a better look at it :nono: I had the same feeling about this as Archer had, vaguely familiar, wasn't it?? :nono:

A very cool episode, I give it an 8.5

Click For Spoiler

I give it a 10. This story arc is much more interesting to me then the past 3 episodes. I see some strong connections throughout the story they are weaving together. They are really starting to tie things together with the TOS and the TOS movies.

Things are shaping up excellently, the Xindi arc was great last season but I wish they had followed this path rather then the Xindi. I believe this can lead to some great episodes.

I've been waiting for Enterprise to give us a better look at Vulcan.
Click For Spoiler

282256[/snapback]

Yes, I have the same feeling.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 8.5.

Click For Spoiler
I have to admit that I had written Enterprise off, but with the Augments story line and now the Vulcan arc, I'm a fan.

After 38 years we have, at least a partial, explanation for the Vulcan/Romulan split (it was a violent confrontation between the two factions in the 300's AD, before we never had a canonical reference to the Romulans for the period of Surak), a reference to the recovery time from their near extinction (1500 years, which given the 300's start time means that the Vulcans had recovered some time in the 1800's, and with the episode "Carbon Creek", means that the Vulcans probably achieved (reachieved?) warp sometime between the 1800's and the 1950's. (or taking into account Quark's comment in 1947 of having warp before the Vulcans, the 40's)

I think the writers have finally realized that trek continuity helps, not hurts, the show.

Edited by welfconfed

Not the best, but definitely the coolest Enterprise episode ever.

Click For Spoiler
What is the answer to Arev's 1st question? I thought it was from "Spock's World" but I was wrong. If you know please enlighten me. (The 2nd question was easy- "Nothing Unreal Exists" ST4)

Click For Spoiler
What is the answer to Arev's 1st question?  I thought it was from "Spock's World" but I was wrong.  If you know please enlighten me.  (The 2nd question was easy- "Nothing Unreal Exists" ST4)

282316[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

T'plana-Hath, matron of Vulcan philosophy, also one of Spock's questions in ST:4

Click For Spoiler
What is the answer to Arev's 1st question?  I thought it was from "Spock's World" but I was wrong.  If you know please enlighten me.  (The 2nd question was easy- "Nothing Unreal Exists" ST4)

282316[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

T'plana-Hath, matron of Vulcan philosophy, also one of Spock's questions in ST:4

282327[/snapback]

I knew it! Those sneaky devils!

Thank you Welfconfed- you are truly worthy of Kolinahr

Thank you jefffitz, the honor is to serve.

Click For Spoiler
I look forward to the next episodes, and to more information regarding the Syrranites, and the rise of Surak on ancient Vulcan.

I gave it an 8. I mean, it was a great episode, but there were a few points that I found vague. I'll have to see the other 2 parts to make a better judgement.

Click For Spoiler
The several references to Vulcan physiology were pretty cool. I could understand that they wouldn't need water for several days in the desert... While unmentioned before, we know that Vulcan is a desert planet, so that fact fits in completely. But the fact that they have a set of inner eyelids caught me by surprise. While understandable, one would expect something else, like their iris shrinking to a smaller point. Of course, I say that mainly because that it wasn't until the 5th series that we find this out.

I gave it an 8. I mean, it was a great episode, but there were a few points that I found vague. I'll have to see the other 2 parts to make a better judgement.

Click For Spoiler
The several references to Vulcan physiology were pretty cool. I could understand that they wouldn't need water for several days in the desert... While unmentioned before, we know that Vulcan is a desert planet, so that fact fits in completely. But the fact that they have a set of inner eyelids caught me by surprise. While understandable, one would expect something else, like their iris shrinking to a smaller point. Of course, I say that mainly because that it wasn't until the 5th series that we find this out.

282351[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
The inner eye lid was first mentioned in the original series episode "Operation:Annihilate" (episode 29, Season 1) where it saved Spock from blindness.

Something that I don't think anyone's mentioned that I was disappointed about is...

Click For Spoiler

VBG, I remember the episode you refer to, but I don't remember the mention of the inner eyelid. As for Admiral Foster, I just, started watching Enterprise at the end of the last season, but I understand what you mean. Durin TNG, if they did that to, say, Worf, I would've been royal P.O.ed!

Something that I don't think anyone's mentioned that I was disappointed about is...

Click For Spoiler
Admiral Foster's death. I don't like the fact that they killed him off.

282357[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
It does make me wonder if it might not be part of a future storyline, remember on DS9, after the loss of Kai Opaka, her 'replacement' became an important character in the later seasons. Could we be about to see a Starfleet admiral who is a 'Winn type'?*shudders* :nono:

Something else I'm wondering about is T'Pau, who is both, the young Syrranite that Archer is in search of, and 113 years later, the powerful official at Spock's wedding.

Will Archer's actions lead to T'Pau's rather anti-Human attitude and her turning down of a seat on the Federation council?

Edited by welfconfed

Click For Spoiler
It was okay. I pretty much figured Admrl Forrest would be the one to die when I saw the previews.

Yeah, I caught the "inner eyelid" as a reference to Spock as well. And was that Salath the pet Amanda teased Spock about in "Journey to Babel"

I thought Soval handled the mind meld issue with the high command poorly. I can't believe he'd just admit it like that - I don't know what I expected but that wasn't it.

I guess they had to come up with this whole Syrannite movement to undo all the Vulcan history and culture they got wrong in seasons one and two. It's a pretty good cover I guess.

It does look like it is back to being the Archer and T'Pol show, wait I think Anthony had a line

Oh look at that! I forgot to set up my post. I rushed off to a ladie friends birthday. I didn't even tape Enterprise. Good thing I can still catch it on Sunday. No big deal.

Now, before I go to bed after working the graveyard shift I have to say good job to Jeanway. She kept to the "format" and everything! Great stuff! Hope the show was good... I'll rate it later obviously.

VBG, I remember the episode you refer to, but I don't remember the mention of the inner eyelid. As for Admiral Foster, I just, started watching Enterprise at the end of the last season, but I understand what you mean. Durin TNG, if they did that to, say, Worf, I would've been royal P.O.ed!

282358[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
When Archer offered T'Pol his sunglasses she said she didn't need them because her inner eyelids would protect her eyes.

I gave "The Forge" a 9.5 -10 it was amazing seeing more of Vulcan from a different Perspective than they had done in the other series ("TOS")ST:IV TVH

and that they mentioned the inner eyelid that Spock mentioned and to see the Selat Bear the one that Spock and T'pol had as pets ("Domesticated of course")

:frusty: :angry: :huh: :o

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

What a great episode! I gave it a 9.5. I like how they have recently been tying Enterprise in with TOS and even TNG. This may be their best season ever!

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
It's good to know that the Vulcans never change their test questions. It probably makes the enlightenment exam a lot easier to study for.

I wasn't keen on the episode. It has lots of great stuff but I it was a bit slow and

Click For Spoiler
it fell back on the old ENT trick of stretching out every minute into two so they can end on a cliffhanger.

Click For Spoiler
I want a GIANT VULCAN GOPHER for a pet
Edited by Essoq

I missed the episode. Rats! :frusty: I was running the clock/scorekeeper at my son's hockey scrimmage. His team "won" - it doesn't count for the standings - by a score of 3 to 1, BTW. I intend to watch the episode Sunday evening. I need to make sure as to what time it will air. Last week, the local UPN station bumped the show to 7:00 pm from the previous 11:00 pm slot. Why? Who knows :angry:

I think this storyline will lead to a 3 way alliance between Vulcan, Earth and Andoria.

Click For Spoiler
"The Forge" must be a play on words, the valley they are in is called "The Forge" but I also think this arc will "Forge" the beginnings of the Federation.

Sign in to follow this