Sign in to follow this  
Christiantrekfan

Here's the story mentioned in "A Question"

Wesley had stopped crying, but he was still in quite a lot of pain and cried out when he hit the floor. He landed on his stomach, and had to froce himself to roll over onto his side dispite the pain of moving, because the pressure on his bruised stomach hurt worse.

"I can't just lie here," he thought miserably. After a moment or two of gasping, he finally caught his breath. Then, willing himself not to scream from the the pain, he carefully pushed himself up until he was sitting

"I can do this," he told himself silently. Slowly he inched his way across the floor until he was next to the bench. He lifted his arms, which were still cuffed behind his back, until they hooked on the edge of the bench. Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself and pulled himself up. His face distorted in pain, and one short scream escaped, but he successfully pulled his body up onto the bench. Then he collapsed onto it, lying on his back breathing deeply his jaw clench against the overwhelming pain.

"I'll get up in a minute to look around. It's now or never: if they do that to me again..after that I won't be able to move...."

Edited by Christiantrekfan

Yeah, I know it's been, like, two months since I posted on this thing, and I'm sorry. Anyway, I'll try to finish posting it for you guys today, if haven't already forgotton everything that's already happened.....

"Return fire. Target their shields. Take them out so we can get Mr.Crusher out of there," Picard said, taking the chance to give that order now that the pirate ship had fired on 'them' first.

"Aye sir," Worf replied redily. His hands flew across his board, and the "Enterprise's" phasers lashed out at the pirate ship.

A few moments after being tossed back into the brig, Wesley opened his eyes and sighed inwardly. It would have hurt too much to do it outwardly. His jaw clenched against the pain, he sat up slowly. The boy took a couple of breaths, and then forced himself to his feet.

He almost passed out from the agony.

But Wesley made himself stay upright. "I've got to do this," he thought. But then, a transporter beam surrounded him, and his spirits lifted as he realized that finally, the "Enterprise" had been able to beam him back.

The pirate ship fired on the "Enterprise" again, but within seconds her meager sheilds were down.

"Chief O'Brien, beam Mr.Crusher out, now!" Picard said over the intraship. Then he turned to Commander Riker. "Number one, as soon as Wesley is aboard, get the ship out of here. Dr.Crusher and I are going to the transporter room."

With that, Beverly hurried to the turbolift, Picard close behind her.

As soon as Wesley materialized, he collapsed again, gasping.

"Wes!" O'Brien said, coming around his transporter console and moving toward the boy on the platform. Wesley was on his back on the platform, awkwardly trying to get up, but failing. Pain was obvious on his face, and a first he only moaned in response.

Miles bent down and gently helped him sit up. "Wesley, are you all right?" he asked in concern.

"Yeah," Wes gasped. Then O'Brien noticed the boy's hands tied behind his back, and stooped to untie them.

"There," he said, but then frowned. "Wesley, are you sure you're okay?"

Wesley gulped. "I'll be fine. Thanks, Chief." Then he looked at him. "Could you help me stand up?" he asked hesitantly.

"I really don't think that's a good idea, Wes," Miles said.

"Please," he begged. "I just..I mean.."

"All right," O'brien sighed, holding up a hand. "I guess you don't have to explain yourself. I'll help you."

"Thanks," Wesley said quietly. O'Brien had been a teenager once. More than likely he knew what Wes meant. He didn't stil want to be on the floor and looking helpless when his mother got there, which he had no doubt she arive as soon as she could.