Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Quantum Leap TV Movie set for 2005

I was searching the Internet Movie Database and don't recall this ever being posted.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383588/

Quantum Leap: A Bold Leap Forward (2005) (TV)

Twenty years after the original series left Dr. Sam Beckett "leaping" into the great unknown, Sam is finally reunited with Al, his old mentor and "partner in time." But when circumstances beyond their control send Sam away once more, Al must recruit his lost friend's daughter to pick up where her father left off and hopefully help find Sam again in the process.

I can't wait to see this!

Does anyone quite remember how it ended? As I recall he was an agent of God and his true mission was to right the wrongs of Satan and his devils in time.. and that he would supposedly never go home ... For someone whos only seen part of the series i know it sounds ludicrous but in fact i think thats how it ended

It kind of ended with Sam in Limbo. He lept into himself at a bar on the day of his birth. Then all of the old characters from the previous season's began showing up as coal miners. Then come to find out that one of the old coal miners was actually a leaper too. Then at the very end Sam got to go back to when Al's wife found out that he was MIA in Vietnam and told her to wait for him because Al was alive and would come home.

The show ended there with Ray Charles singing "Georgia" in the background.

It was a good episode but I wasn't ready for the series to end.

There was a bit more to it than that. The Bartender character, I can't remember his name at the moment but I remember he also played D-Day in "Animal House", Bruce something, knew who Sam was and where he was from. It was never implied that he was God but it sure seemed odd that he knew just about everything Sam had gone through, and this was almost forty years before he made his first leap. Not bad for a 1950's bartender. There was definetely some devine intervention going on. Sam leaps into the coal mining town bar with all his personal possessions from the future such as a hologram drivers license and a wallet with velcro. Objects that he had not taken with him when he did his first leap. Sam saves Al marraige, as VGB stated above but never returns back to his time. Where he went was never revealed but a sabatical in mentioned in the episode, so the viewer is left to make his own conclusions. I still havae the last two episodes on tape that I recorded the night they aired and they are still prize possessions of mine in my sci-fi collection. The only fear I have is who is producing the movie and where will it pick up. If the last attempts at taking a TV show and making a movie version is any indication of the direction for Quantum Leap, We'll all be very dissapoionted. We'll see what developes as the premiere date moves closer but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah, I just didn't feel likt typing a lot in lol. Here's a synopsis I found that sums it up nicely.

In the final episode of Quantum Leap, Sam leaps into a bar in Cokeburg, Pennsylvania on the date of his birth at the exact time he was born. He drinks a beer and looks in the mirror. He sees his own reflection. This begins a rollercoaster ride of strange occurrences as people from the past appear to him, but with different names. Al the Bartender seems to know everything and may be able to offer some insight to the reason Sam has been leaping in time for the past 5 years. And back in the future, Al and Gooshie are troubled to discover that there is no one in the waiting room. While they feverishly search for a lock on the lost Dr. Beckett, Sam tries to unravel the mysteries of his own life's work, save a pair of miners from a collapsed mine shaft, and finally takes the opportunity to right a major wrong in Al's life.

Here's Al the bartender:

33.jpg

There's more about this episode at this site:

http://www.quantumleap-alsplace.com/episod...mirrorimage.htm

I can't wait to see it.

Besides Star Trek, I grew up watching MacGyver and, of course, Quantum Leap. To see a movie based on it would be great!

My favorite episode is still the one where Sam kept leaping from time to time, but in each time he was always Lee Harvey Oswald. Very intense, and very unusual in that Oswald's personality was able to overcome Sam's, rather than vice-versa.

I can't wait to see it.

Besides Star Trek, I grew up watching MacGyver and, of course, Quantum Leap. To see a movie based on it would be great!

My favorite episode is still the one where Sam kept leaping from time to time, but in each time he was always Lee Harvey Oswald. Very intense, and very unusual in that Oswald's personality was able to overcome Sam's, rather than vice-versa.

282370[/snapback]

Yeah, that one was interesting. The ending was what was even more interesting when...

Click For Spoiler

The one I think I liked best was when he leaped into himself as a child.

Stardate:214888.0

Oh man I can't wait for this to come out.I will be sitting at the theatre waiting for it to open on that day.

so was i right about the whole devils in time and god playing a role in his travels? as i recall there was a evil pair that were doing wrongs and that they wore red uniforms.. and then there was a large cuban lady who said she was sent from god as an angel, and that she was also a righter of wrongs and she was sent to protect Sam(by name) and was able to talk to Al.

so was i right about the whole devils in time and god playing a role in his travels?  as i recall there was a evil pair that were doing wrongs and that they wore red uniforms.. and then there was a large cuban lady who said she was sent from god as an angel, and that she was also a righter of wrongs and she was sent to protect Sam(by name) and was able to talk to Al.

282606[/snapback]

I remember that episode! Though I don't think that Sam's journeys through time were controled by God, but maybe in a few instances God had a reason to intervene.

so was i right about the whole devils in time and god playing a role in his travels?  as i recall there was a evil pair that were doing wrongs and that they wore red uniforms.. and then there was a large cuban lady who said she was sent from god as an angel, and that she was also a righter of wrongs and she was sent to protect Sam(by name) and was able to talk to Al.

282606[/snapback]

Well I guess it could be interpreted that way.

The pair you are talking about were in a small arc called the Evil Leapers.They were basicly an evil version of Sam,Al and Ziggy(the hybird computer).They went around putting wrong instead of putting right what once went wrong.

The large cuban lady was in the episode that was basicly like Miracle on 34th street.She was an angle(or so she claimed) she could see Al and knew who Sam was.Al said it was just because she was crazy and the crazy people can see them for who they really are(like animals and small children).But she gets shot in the episode and doesnt have a scratch on her, so she prolly is an angle.