Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Should Brent Spiner Become A Regular Cast Member?

Do You Brent Spiner Should Become A Regular Cast Member of Enterprise?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Brent Spiner Should Become A Regular Cast Member of Enterprise?

• yes
    • no

Since Enterprise had some of it's all time best ratings when Brent was a special guest, do you think he should be a reoccuring character and see him often in the series or do you think the time he was on was good enough?

Even though I haven't seen the shows I think he should be a reoccuring character. I wish I could see them. :lol:

He should be reoccuring character as same number of times as Q in TNG. He was on once or twice a season.

He should be reoccuring character as same number of times as Q in TNG.  He was  on once or twice a season.

281775[/snapback]

I agree with you Odie. That would be great.

Although I enjoyed Brent's stint on Enterprise, making him a recurring actor will only weaken the impact he has.

281773[/snapback]

I disagree. I think his new character is wonderful. Not that I like the things he supposedly does or stands for but it certainly does show the depth of his character and his talents. I'd enjoy seeing him as a recurring character. he shows compassion at the same time shows just how mean and evil he CAN be. :lol: :congrats:

No, I don't think they made an "Enterprise friendly" character in Arik Soong. the Arc was an interesting (1 episode too long) one but I wouldn't be too interested in seeing him back.

If his coming back means Enterprise stays on the air vs. not coming back and getting canceled then yes, otherwise I think no.

No, I don't think they made an "Enterprise friendly" character in Arik Soong. the Arc was an interesting (1 episode too long) one but I wouldn't be too interested in seeing him back.

If his coming back means Enterprise stays on the air vs. not coming back and getting canceled then yes, otherwise I think no.

281786[/snapback]

:lol: How did you make that connection? Do you have some inside information we ALL should know about?? Are the writers bringing him in?? I mean Q {sorry don't remember his real life name.} Could have played Soong just as well as Spiner. NO??? :congrats: Or even Patrick Stewart could have played Soong. :o :shocked: j/k, fat chance of THAT ever happening. :lol:

281786[/snapback]

:lol: How did you make that connection? Do you have some inside information we ALL should know about?? Are the writers bringing him in?? I mean Q {sorry don't remember his real life name.} Could have played Soong just as well as Spiner. NO??? :congrats: Or even Patrick Stewart could have played Soong. :o :shocked: j/k, fat chance of THAT ever happening. :lol:

281789[/snapback]

It was just a hypothetical, what I mean by that is that the only way I'd want him as a regular cast member is if it meant life or death for the series.

Although I did like his character, I can see no way to incorporate his character into the series as a regular.

He should be reoccuring character as same number of times as Q in TNG.  He was  on once or twice a season.

281775[/snapback]

I agree with you Odie. That would be great.

281782[/snapback]

Ditto for me. :lol:

Although I did like his character, I can see no way to incorporate his character into the series as a regular.

281814[/snapback]

Well, let's see. Hmmm :lol: Have him mess with his own DNA which makes him not only immortal but gives him an insatiable need to be around humans???? :congrats::shocked: :lol:

I think bringing in and established Star Trek actor like Brent Spiner as a regular would snub and overshadow the rest of the cast. It would be like turning round and saying "You guys just arent good enough so we brought in Brent to keep things going"

But thats just my opinion

I honestly don't remember which button I pushed!

But I think I might like to see when Dr. Soong gets out of prison, and how he conveys his love of cybernetics to his son. However, I do not need to see him regularly. I would like to see him repeat as a guest.

It might have been better if the writers had made Arik (Is that spelled right) a very old man, then brought Noonian in as a regular. But even then Brent isn't a young man, how old was Noonian supposed to be in TNG?

I honestly don't remember which button I pushed!

But I think I might like to see when Dr. Soong gets out of prison, and how he conveys his love of cybernetics to his son. However, I do not need to see him regularly. I would like to see him repeat as a guest.

I'd have to agree with that myself.

IMO, the reoccuring characters are more interesting and amusing the regulars.

Recurring maybe, regular no. It would be relying too heavily on the past. For better of worse, Enterprise has to establish its own identity.

Shran on the other hand....and maybe a Tellarite...

Recurring maybe, regular no. It would be relying too heavily on the past. For better of worse, Enterprise has to establish its own identity.

Shran on the other hand....and maybe a Tellarite...

281928[/snapback]

I'd really like to see Shran as a Regular. He could be the Andorian's version of T'Pol

Brent could be a recurring star but not a regular cast member. Shran, I would love to see him on the regular cast list. Hey it's possible. They could put him in as an exchange program.

Putting him on as a regular would only serve to steal the limelight from the rest of the main cast. It's their show, not Brent Spiner's. As for the ratings? It's a sad thing if Enterprise needs a guest star to keep their ratings up.

Edited by ragingtarg

Regular: No. Recurring: possibly, as long as they are good stories which keep moving the Soong story forward.

Or I wouldn't mind having him on as a different character or two (ala Jeffrey Combs) as long as his acting skills are good enough to cover up his previously known characters; I wouldn't want to see Data or Soong peeking through the makeup.

I think that he's a fine actor . So, yes. As this particular character, though? Hmmm. It does seem that Enterprise is leaning towards negativity, rather than what I really liked about Trek in the first place. In that respect, I might like to see him portray someone else, rather than providing him as a character that interjects another dose of negativity into the show.

Heron

Regular: no. Recurring: absolutely. As I've said before, that opinion holds for Shran as well. I feel that making them regulars would detract heavily from their characters; when we see them now, they're being heavily focused on, but if they were regulars, their per-episode-appeared-in screen time would lessen greatly. I don't think two so distinctive and entertaining characters deserve that.

It might have been better if the writers had made Arik (Is that spelled right) a very old man, then brought Noonian in as a regular. But even then Brent isn't a young man, how old was Noonian supposed to be in TNG?

281900[/snapback]

There's a generation between Arik Soong and Noonien Soong. We don't have an exact year of birth for Noonien - only late 23rd century.

I wish we had added another option to the poll for recurring character. It seems from the comments that most people who voted yes and many who voted no agree that having Arik Soong as a recurring character would be good.

I think bringing in and established Star Trek actor like Brent Spiner as a regular would snub and overshadow the rest of the cast. It would be like turning round and saying "You guys just arent good enough so we brought in Brent to keep things going"

But thats just my opinion

281841[/snapback]

Putting him on as a regular would only serve to steal the limelight from the rest of the main cast. It's their show, not Brent Spiner's. As for the ratings? It's a sad thing if Enterprise needs a guest star to keep their ratings up.

281954[/snapback]

It's really not fair to compare Brent's popularity from his Years as Data with the new Enterprise. In time Enterprise will hold it's place in Star Trek history just as valued and important as all the characters we have grown to love and admire from the past. Try looking at the 'Big Picture' :nono: