Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Cell Phones

I remember being in a McDonalds and someone behind me in line was talking on one. I was about 13 at the time and thought that was so cool.

I saw them several times but it was nothing like today where almost everyone has a cell phone.

I just remember when I was younger watching "Saved by the Bell" and seeing that Zack kid having one. I thought it was kinda silly. Of course, cell phone head-sets are even sillier. They make people look like they're talking to themselves.

Also, it's sorta amusing... TOS has a suped-up version of a palm-sized cell phone, and now you can get itty-bitty ones that most people's fingers are too large to press just a single button! I guess we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves!

Hehehe, yes i know of the "ancient ones" :lol:. They use one of those older cell phones as a gag in some of the commercials now, along with "laptops" that really look like predecessors to the iMac, as well as other items.

Yeah, i also find it peculiar that we're getting cell phones with buttons our fingers can't hit easily (i keep saying "what's with these companies, don't they think they're making these things TOO small?!!!" :congrats: ).

I do not remember those. However, I do know that I am thirteen (will be fourteen in ONE week!) and I have a cell phone that is only about an inch longer than my palm. I like living in this millenium!

I was around when those were but I was too young to remember them. Robert said he sold a phone to a guy last week who said he had one of those in '84 and it cost $5 per minute and you had to call the operator and have them place each call. :assimilated: :unsure: I love my tiny flip phone. I don't even have a home phone anymore, just my cell.

That one kinda looks like the one I have now :assimilated: But I'm getting me a new one. A flip-top one so that I can play Kirk talking on his communicator.

You should see the one my co-worker has. It is seriously the size of an oreo.

LOL i think my uncle had one of those cell phones i also remember he had one from motarola it was massive the battery must have been as big as toaster :assimilated: :unsure:

My mom had one she had kept from the late 80's so when I was 5 we had one. It was huge....

I don't remember seeing one of those. My cell is a flip phone with a camera and voice dialling. and in a nod to Star Trek, to call my dad, I press the voice dial button, and say "Beam Me Up, Scotty"