Sign in to follow this  
scaleman

Enterprise has a more TOS-ish look

I noticed fairly quickly the changes they made on enterprise, in the way of sets.

First off the captain has a new chair, but this chair instead of having a handful of keyboard like buttons now has buttons/lights more like Kirk's chair.

The Transporter has a more redish hue to it that's reminiscent of Kirk's transporter.

In that genetic station they even had a triangular monitor in the main research laboratory similar to the one that's prevalent in the breifing room on Kirk's Enterprise.

If you notice anything else reminiscent of TOS, please share.

I think we owe cudos to Coto for these changes also :lol:.

I also noticed the look of Enterprise is alittle of the beginnings of TOS-ish look the Captains Chair i noticed the Transporter might be somewhat simillair in beaming like TOS but i didn't see the Briefing room in Cold Station 12.

:lol: :congrats: :lol: :shocked:

I don't see the point of being too "TOS-ish" with regard to appearance of technology. Some things...okay. But TOS was made in the 60's, so I think it is alrght to use some of what we have now.

Like I don't see the point of trying to have panels with flashing buttons, if it would be more likely to have a flat panel with touch pads.

It's not just a physical look that made TOS what it was. The producers' goal should be to capture some of the friendships, thoughtful themes, and hopeful outlook that pervaded the original series.

I think the writiers/prodeucers were force to make it more TOS-ish because of all the ENT bashers who keep complaining and critizing the show.

I think (the captain's chair) makes a bit more sense this way then having a touch screen, i mean, what if he or another officer is covered in a dirt-like substance and when they touch a part of the screen, they then have to wipe it off before they can touch that part again.

Frankly, it looks like Archer's chair has seatbelts on it... Which leads me to the theory its Captain Picard's chair from Star Trek: Nemesis.

[Somekind of time-warp between 2154 and 2379...]

Personally, I thought the Enterprise looked more TOS-ish in the alternative future of “Twilight”.

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

I've noticed the changes and approve of them. I dont expect this set to look a lot like the TOS bridge due to the tech advances but the series is set more than a century before TOS era and having a believble set adds on to the show's credibility imo. A little more attention to detail is a good thing.

Edited by Admiral Kirk

Let's get one thing straight! Enterprise has ALWAYS BEEN TOS-ISH!

You've merely forgotten!

Archer's uniform is YELLOW not red

Hoshi has an EARPIECE

Phasers are shaped like PISTOLS

The warp core is HORIZONTAL

There are NO forcefields in the corridors

It has always been reminicient of Tos. A few new, and very MINOR, details have clouded your memories. You need a good Vulcan mind meld.

Of futher note:

-The triangular screen was also seen in Home in the debreifing room.

-Purple walls were seen on Cold Station 12 just like half the sets of the original.

-and don't tell me the new blue doors on Enterprise make it more tos like. All Star Treks to date have used MANY different color variations for their doors.

I have noticed small changes in this season as compared to last season's episodes. It does have more of a Star Trek - TOS feel to it. Enterprise's episodes seem to have similar topics as the original series. The difference is that the sets look better than in the old series. This is true because they have more technology to work with today. I enjoy that his has more of a story arc. They just don't resolve everything in one episode. Overall, season four is better than it's predecessor. :laugh::laugh::waaaa::laugh: :huh: :huh: :clap:

-The triangular screen was also seen in Home in the debreifing room.

283904[/snapback]

Ah well I hadn't noticed it till CS12.

Also at T'Pols station is a 21st century version of one of Spocks sensor screens; (don't know what it's called but) it looks like a 3 dimensional oscilloscope image, the spinning circles... :nono:

I have always like the sets for Enterprise. As for making it more "TOS-ish" I hope that they do not. We all need to remember that TPTB have to take into account not only the current Trek fans but have to make the show appealing to new viewers, and honestly if the sets were the same type used in TOS then it would be alot less appealing to the younger generations.