Sign in to follow this  
mj

PETA is going to defend fish

PETA ( I think that's the right acronym) is concerned about the rights of fish, and has begun a campaign to get them off dinner tables. They want fish respected for their intelligence.

I almost posted this in CCF, but it was a real news article.

Here's what I would like PETA to do, since they are so concerned about humans, an omnivorous species, and they want to help humans to understand that they should eat tofu and vegetarian dishes, but not fish.

I would like them to take their campaign to the bear community, at the time when salmon are rushing upstream to spawn. Bears are also omnivores. Convince them that they should stick to berries and honey, and leave the salmon alone, and I'll think about not eating fish. But only think about it.

I hope this post does not offend anyone, but I thought it was a little silly to try to make poeple feel guilty about eating fish.

demotivators_1811_508297.gif

Actually, I think it's about time PETA started protecting the fishes. Remember that stink PETA, Greenpeace, and a couple other environmentalist whackos made when dolphins were getting caught in tuna nets?

Maybe 2 dolphins died for every 100,000 tuna, and no one cared about what was happening to the *tuna*!

I think in this day and age that we should at least begin to move away from eating meat all the time unlike those actins peoples.

But know what would be cool tree huggers killing beavers to save trees :sly:

Actually, the high mercury content of our oceans might accomplish what PETA can't. They recommend children and women of child bearing years not eat tuna - particularly albacore (which of course is my favorite). But I don't have to worry so they can make a thermometer out of me when I'm gone because I love albacore.

Actually there's other fish on the list besides tuna.

van roy - love the poster. :sly:

have to add

MJ, as ridiculous as this is...there's worse - like the guy proposing that humans stop reproducing so that the planet may return to its natural state.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I'm a member of PETA though it may not be the same PETA that's being discussed here.

The PETA I belong to is:

Click For Spoiler

What the ..... :P I would love to see PETA come to Japan try to get Japanese to stop eating fish. Yeah, right. I don't see that happening. PETA has gone way to far. :sly:

Actually, I think it's about time PETA started protecting the fishes.  Remember that stink PETA, Greenpeace, and a couple other environmentalist whackos made when dolphins were getting caught in tuna nets?

Maybe 2 dolphins died for every 100,000 tuna, and no one cared about what was happening to the *tuna*!

281310[/snapback]

I'm a member of PETA though it may not be the same PETA that's being discussed here.

The PETA I belong to is:

Click For Spoiler
People Eating Tasty Animals

281344[/snapback]

:lol: :lol: :congrats::shocked:

PETA = Another example of Idiots Out Walking Around -hehehe

Edited by jaz4debo

Hehehe, you guys are great :lol: . Hey VBG, wasn't it Ted Nugent who created People Eating Tasty Animals? :congrats:

281468[/snapback]

Come to think of it I do think I heard him say it lol

Ted Nugent seems like a pretty cool guy.

281310[/snapback]

Now, this is perfect. This is exactly the guy I want the PETA folks to talk to. If they can convince him, they half a chance to convince me. And this is exactly the setting I would like to have the for the discussion between the PETA folks and the bears.....okay, maybe that is going to far......but the point has been made.

And TUH, I can understand and agree with cutting back on consumption of fish due to mercury poisoning, and other like concerns, but not for the silly reasons cited by the PETA.

Unfortunately, I happen to live in the same city where PETA has it's headquarters and have even worked on a few audio projects for them. They are actually very nice people, quite commited to their cause but horribly misguided. This is something they always do when their PR section notices that they haven't been in the news lately. Do they honestly believe that they are going to change the habits of customs of different cultures that depend on the sea for their liveihood and life? No, and they know this. This is just another attempt at getting people to be more aware of their cause and hoping that out of maybe 100 people, they can change the eating habits of maybe 1 or 2. This is considered a great victory for them. Remember, these are the poeple that also wanted everyone to stop going to Mcdonalds by handing out faux happy meals that had pictures of a blood covered Ronald McDonald holding a butchers knife to children. Or how about the time they campaigned college campuses and high schools to stop serving and drinking milk and switch to beer instead. (No Joke.) Or my personal favorite, petitioning my Green Bay Packers to change their name to the Pickers or six packers because they thought the name Packers was too reminescient of the meat packing industry and therefore promoted suffering and death. Granted the name Packers was given because the first team sponsor was the Indian Meat Packing company, but the name Packers was chosen because the company paid for the first uniforms. I've seen worse names on the backs of little league uniforms. If these people had been around at the dawn of civilization, we'd all still be living in caves, if we haven't frozen to death because how warm can leaves keep you, and eating nothing but bushes. You'll see this type of stuff everytime they haven't made the headlines for a couple of months. Let them spout and then go order a burger or bucket of chicken.

Remember, these are the poeple that also wanted everyone to stop going to Mcdonalds by handing out faux happy meals that had pictures of a blood covered Ronald McDonald holding a butchers knife to children. 

282192[/snapback]

Well they got their headlines...how unfortunate that some of that creative effort does not go into trying to generate intelligent discourse on issues that may have some merit.

The PETA I belong to is:

Click For Spoiler
People Eating Tasty Animals

281344[/snapback]

I love that :nono:

PETA is a left-winged environmentalistextremist organization that thinks that animals are more important than humans. I find that truly disturbing.

I agree with PETA, and believe that people should not eat fish (or any meat for that matter) for any reason. It's absolutely unnecessary - I don't know why people do it. Becoming vegetarian was the best decision I ever made, and I urge you all to follow. It's a much healthier way of life, as long as you follow it carefully. And just think of all the good that you would be doing!

I don't believe PETA should tell anyone what do eat. If a person doesn't want to eat meat that is fine.

My biggest problem that I PETA is that have come to New York, and ask two towns to change their names. They are Fishkill and Hamburg. The names that PETA thought would be better would have been Fishsave and Veggieburg. Both of the towns said no to the idea. They didn't want to loss the culture tries that brought about the names of their town.

Edited by Odie

I just love it... PETA tries to stop people from eating animals, but we, as an omnivorous species, must do exactly that.

What was the slogan? ... Save a cow... Eat a vegan.

If people choose to be vegetarians for health reasons I applaud them - I just dont do it myself - not that I eat a lot of meat but sometimes I do want tuna or General's Chicken. :frusty:

But if man is, as the evolutionists tell us, merely a highly organized product of the evolutionary process I see no moral reason whatsoever for us to avoid meat any more than a lion should. We do need the protein - although we don't need as much as some people eat.

However, there is another case of suspected mad cow, there are the hormone levels and other chemicals in our food that do make eating meat real health concerns.

I love to eat meat too much to stop, and I love to eat fish! (Marinated Tuna is my favorite!)

I say we start eating PETA members, then they will have something to really gripe about!

I don't know why people do it.

282372[/snapback]

Because animals taste good, that's why. Duh!

If we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

283225[/snapback]

Good Point!!! :congrats: