Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Star Trek's Overall Popularity ~

It involves so many subjects. So many things we can talk about. Just think

about it. Like..........Go ahead.............. :sly:

#1. The Universe

Edited by Jeanway

I think Star Trek's popularity has a lot to do with the fact that even though it is science fiction.......it also deals with real possibilities, now and in the future. It was the first series that brought people from all walks of life, nationalities,and races working together peacefully. It also portays alien possibilities not as freaks and beings to be studied and always feared"...... but gives many of them desirable, likeable characters, and also makes some of them our allies. It deals with a fascination many of us have space. And it deals with relationships...a subject matter many of are also fascinated with.

I particularly like the EQUALITY aboard ship. :sly: I mean there are little s*xual innuendos here and there, but very rarely. and they don't continue down THAT road til things get VULGAR. :P

I'll say gotabite's reasons are #7

#8 technological influences on everyday devices and potential scientific discoveries

What I think might overlap with Lt. Van Roy's reason, which is #2. So I guess mine would be...

#2 Section A: Racist / Inter-racial relationships.

#9. Hardly anyone gets sick. If they do they are usually dead really quick though. :yes: Oh, that reminds me.

#10. Medical care the likes of which we can only dream about. :nono: Ya got ya one Doc, he fixes what's wrong with you with a hypospray to the side of your neck and you walk out of sickbay, all better. :nono: That's Amazing!! :( :o :wink2:

Stardate:214868.8

#14 Exploring the universe and seeing things no one has ever seen before.

Boldly going............