Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

The ENDGAME again

:innocent: I know I am one who enjoyed the Voyager finale "Endgame." But I guess among the things that I always wanted to know when and if Voyager returned home, was how Tom's situation would be handled................remember, he was still considered a criminal who was serving time, when he left earth. Also Chakotay and B'Elanna, member's of the MaQuis, were being sought as members of a rebellion.....and would have jailed if caught. That's how Voyager got trapped anyway, pursuing the MaQuis.

At the beginning of Endgame there's the reunion scene celebrating the Voyager's return. Seven is dead and we also learn that Chakotay is dead. We see that B'Elanna and Tom are together, still as happy as ever, and we are left only to assume things..........we don't know whether all were pardoned, put on probation for a while, had to serve some jail time, had to do community service(smiles)............I don't know, maybe I'm the only one who wondered what the Federation was going to do when/if Voyager returned. But when I was left to assume, it bothered me. :laugh:

i enjoyed endgame as well, and was one of those people who wanted them to make it home. but like you i also had a lot of questions. but if you wait for the upcoming voyager book, titled "Homecoming" it will answer all of your questions. on the simon and schuster website: http://www.simonsays.com you can read a chapter 1 excerpt from the book. it tells us that all the maquis will be given a general pardon providing they return to starfleet. they put up the entire chapter for us to read, so take a look and alot of questions are answered in that one short teaser from the book..

Well, here's what I think happens to everyone and the ship:

U.S.S. Voyager - Decomissioned for study, maybe recomissioned afterwards.

Kathryn Janeway - Promoted to Admiral and given a desk job in San Fansisco. (we know this from seeing Nemesis)

Chakotay - After serving as Voyager's 1st officer for 7 years, I'd like to think he was pardoned.

Tuvok - I think Tuvok returned to Vulcan to get cured and spend time with his family.

Harry Kim - Ran home to Mom and Dad! :innocent:

Tom Paris - After flying Voyager for 7 years, designing the Delta Flyer, reaching warp 10, having a dad in Starfleet, and so forth... I think he got pardoned too.

B'Elanna Torrez - Heck, she's the chief engineer! She saved Voyager countless times. She had to get pardoned!

EMH - Probably treated like technology at first, but I suspect the Voyager crew would intervene.

Seven - Probably treated like a Borg-freak, hated by most people who hate the Borg, and debriefed over and over by Starfleet. I suspect she'd need Janeway's help in settling in on Earth.

i enjoyed endgame as well, and was one of those people who wanted them to make it home. but like you i also had a lot of questions. but if you wait for the upcoming voyager book, titled "Homecoming" it will answer all of your questions. on the simon and schuster website: http://www.simonsays.com you can read a chapter 1 excerpt from the book. it tells us that all the maquis will be given a general pardon providing they return to starfleet. they put up the entire chapter for us to read, so take a look and alot of questions are answered in that one short teaser from the book..

Thank you for the information about the book. I think I want to buy this one. :innocent:

Hey man you rock! I never would have thought to look for a book! Thanks for the info :innocent:

I liked the fact that they made it home but I thought that they could elaborate a little more.

The show should have centered around the main characters situations after they reached headquarters and beyond. In order for all this to occur, they would have had to make a four hour series finale instead of a two hour series finale. :innocent::laugh:

Has anyone read the voyager book homecoming, its set after endgame, and should have been made into an ep.

I liked the fact that they made it home but I thought that they could elaborate a little more.

The show should have centered around the main characters situations after they reached headquarters and beyond.  In order for all this to occur, they would have had to make a four hour series finale instead of a two hour series finale. :laugh:  :)

This would have been fine with me. It would have left fewer questions in the minds of many fans. As it was it left me wondering whether it meant an up coming movie was going to be made that would elaborate more on what really happened when the crew first returned home. But now I've learned that a book called Homcoing responds to the questions I've raised. :) [/size]

I actually like the way it ended. For me, the show was about the journey home. The whole plot of the show was to get home. In the pilot, we were introduced to everyone, then woosh to the Delta Quadrant. Really, that's how they should should have and did end. I would have preferred a little more than what we saw once they did get home. I wanted to see Voyager land on Earth and then end credits, but, I guess Voyager flying toward Earth with a fleet will do. :)

To be honest, if they did a number of episodes with everyone going home and spending time with their families... it would'a been a mushy borring ending. Now, if they had a whole season or more to do a story about what happens when they get back, then they could pull it off.

Also, here's a question:

In the final scene, did anyone notice this Voyager, a Defiant-class ship, and a Galaxy-class ship? Enterprise-D, Defiant, Voyager, you could say, all in the same shot. Anyone liked this as much as I did?

I actually like the way it ended.  For me, the show was about the journey home.  The whole plot of the show was to get home.  In the pilot, we were introduced to everyone, then woosh to the Delta Quadrant.  Really, that's how they should should have and did end.  I would have preferred a little more than what we saw once they did get home.  I wanted to see Voyager land on Earth and then end credits, but, I guess Voyager flying toward Earth with a fleet will do. :)

To be honest, if they did a number of episodes with everyone going home and spending time with their families...  it would'a been a mushy borring ending.  Now, if they had a whole season or more to do a story about what happens when they get back, then they could pull it off.

Also, here's a question:

In the final scene, did anyone notice this Voyager, a Defiant-class ship, and a Galaxy-class ship?  Enterprise-D, Defiant, Voyager, you could say, all in the same shot.  Anyone liked this as much as I did?

:) Captain, I too enjoyed the "Endgame." And it wasn't so much that I wanted to see the crew interact with their families. As you said that would have truly been a lot of "mushy stuff." I was only trying to resolve in my mind the issues that the "Caretaker" introduced, with each of these characters. I think it only natural to be curious and to understand how these issues with Tom, B'Elanna, and Chakotay would be handled once the crew returned to earth. Many of these issues kept coming up in episodes of Voyager. So they weren't minor things we fans could forget.........Still, I very much appreciate your thoughts and comments.......And no I must honestly say that I didn't notice a Defiant class ship, and a Galaxy-class ship in the final scene. "Endgame" was one of many Voyager episodes that I taped. I'd better go back and watch it again. Thanks :laugh: :)

I liked "Endgame" too. I thought the ending was handled very well. Sure, there are a lot of unanswered questions, things we'll probably never know. But I believe it was a good choice to leave things unanswered. Voyager heading to Earth with a fleet of ships was just a beautiful ending, and it leaves you wondering. So many Star Trek episodes are like that. They present an issue, and it gets solved, but it doesn't really get solved. I mean, they find a way to deal with it, but there is still so much you could do with that idea and the episode leaves you thinking. Those always tend to be my favorites. So I think they kept with a long line of Star Trek tradition on that one. And who knows? Maybe they will come out with a Voyager movie. If so, they'll have a lot of material to work with.

I think if the book "Homecoming" is as good as it looks, Paramount should look into making a movie out of it. Or if not that book, just make a movie about what happens to Voyager once they return to earth. Track the characters for a little while, show what each did and how things were handled after being away so long. Then some form of "hysteria" breaks out, but thats for the writers to figure out. I just think it would be a good idea.

While I have no problems with using the borg again, I sorta wish they didn't use time travel. Maybe a glimpse into a possible future (Voyager and the 23 year journey) they wanted to avoid would be good, but I thought Janeway was far too insane (even for her) to go back and destroy the potential bond of the Voyager family (not that 7 years is a short time for a crew to bond in the middle of nowhere) to save three of her close crewmates.

I think if the book "Homecoming" is as good as it looks, Paramount should look into making a movie out of it. Or if not that book, just make a movie about what happens to Voyager once they return to earth. Track the characters for a little while, show what each did and how things were handled after being away so long. Then some form of "hysteria" breaks out, but thats for the writers to figure out. I just think it would be a good idea.

:angry: This would be so cool....great movie material :martok:

I can't wait untill "Homecoming" comes out, I already went to Waldenbooks and pre-purchased it :martok:

Who needs Harry Potter when you got Janeway and the rest of the Voyager crew :angry:

funny you should mention some sort of hysteria breaks out. in the second book, the borg nano virus comes into play. :martok:

i loved Voyager, and must say that i was very sorry to see the show go - i liked endgame, although i did feel it ended a little abruptly - -) janeway going back in time to save three friends was no different than harry and chakotay doing the same thing; i'm glad she had a conscience -) i, too, favored the final scene where our friends all seemed to be together (the fleet) -)i do believe the show could have stuck around for a couple more seasons, storyline, closings, etc ... but i guess that leaves paramount room for a movie, which (oh, powers that be, be reading THIS) they had better be doing, oh their lucky stars else!!! - long live Voyager

but i guess that leaves paramount room for a movie, which (oh, powers that be, be reading THIS) they had better be doing, oh their lucky stars else!!!

They are :P :martok: :angry:, on the IMDB website if you search for Star Trek: Borg Encounter you'll see this

Star Trek: Borg Encounter

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: 

Status Updated: 20 February 2003

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

Credited cast:

Alice Krige ....  The Borg aka The Borg Queen

Kate Mulgrew ....  Admiral Janeway

Robert Picardo ....  The Doctor

so probably that will be a Voyager movie, oh they need Tuvok, Seven, Chakotay, Tom, Harry and B'Elanna in that movie or it won't be the same.

but i guess that leaves paramount room for a movie, which (oh, powers that be, be reading THIS) they had better be doing, oh their lucky stars else!!!

They are :P :martok: :angry:, on the IMDB website if you search for Star Trek: Borg Encounter you'll see this

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: 

Note: Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

Credited cast:

so probably that will be a Voyager movie, oh they need Tuvok, Seven, Chakotay, Tom, Harry and B'Elanna in that movie or it won't be the same.

Sorry, no VOY movie. That's a ride for Star Trek: The Experrience. Most likely, we'll either have a mixed or new cast movie.

I liked the way that the crew got home, with the transwarp hub, but I don't like the way that the writers rushed the ending so much. Like, at the last minute everything is wrapped up. I guess I have to read that book. :)

They are B) :bow: :), on the IMDB website if you search for Star Trek: Borg Encounter you'll see this

Production Notes/Status:

Comments: 

Credited cast:

Sorry, no VOY movie. That's a ride for Star Trek: The Experrience. Most likely, we'll either have a mixed or new cast movie.

:) WHAT?! I oughta sue IMDB.com for getting my hopes up

Yeah, they came from StarTrek.com :andorian:

Here's a question for everyone. Since there's no plans for a VOY movie, how do you feel about "Endgame" being the final adventure for this crew? Do you think it brought VOY to a close, properly?

I've allways thought that "what happens to the crew" would be left up to the imagination, unless done so with a Trek story instead of a sappy homecoming. :andorian:

I think this series deserves a few tv-movies since it wasn't successful enough for the big screen. What do you guys think? Would the cast return for a few anual tv movies?

Oh, and here's another pic. :theking:

272pic47.jpg

i've always found that if i wished really hard for something, it would happen - there will be a Voyager movie, it's the next logical franchise option - i think Voyager is having the same sort of 'coup' TOS did; not everyone watched, to begin with - popularity is growing in syndication, and there has to be more than just 'decorating' reasons for Janeway popping up in the last movie - cool pics, capt'!!!