Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen of Borg

What Do You Wear

Do You Dress Up In A Costume?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Dress Up In A Costume?

• Yes
    • I just wear my normal clothes

I've never been to a convention as of now and I was wondering how many of you dress up in costumes and what do you go as? An alien? A federation officer? A character that is already on a tv series? If there were conventions where I live I would get me a red starfleet uniform like what Riker and Picard wear in First Contact, Insurrection and Nemesis. But I would only put on two pips, there are already too many people dressed as captains so we need a few lieutenants

I've been to one but I was a kid. If I ever go to another I am totally wearing Uhura's Mirror Mirror outfit. It's just awesome. :unsure:

mirror_uhura.jpg

Well, I wore my normal clothing at the convention I was at, though I have a TNG uniform shirt. :blink:

But there were lots of fans dressed up as Klingons, Vulcans or Starfleet officers. There even were a few Borg. One of them looked very realistic, so I got scared and tried to run away, but he grabbed me and told me "Resistance is futile" :unsure: :o

There even were a few Borg. One of them looked very realistic, so I got scared and tried to run away, but he grabbed me and told me "Resistance is futile"  :unsure:  :P

279772[/snapback]

He he, who knows, maybe it was a real Borg. :o :blink: ( Do you have a picture of him? )

By the way, I've been on only one convention yet, and then I got there, I was wearing normal clothes. ( But that was because I didn't have a costume yet. )

Then I bought a costume and was half Borg, half Starfleet officer.

Then I get a hold on the picture of me wearing the costume, I'll show it here. :borgqueen:

:o

EDIT: Here it is ( I didn't have the black jean then.... I think it looks fine anyway. :wacko: ( By the way, the Bat'Leth I'm holding, it's made by myself! :blink: ) :

i've been to two conventions and the majority of the people at them wore normal clothes. i went to one where there was only one guy dressed up in a starfleet outfit. the other one i went to there was an entire family dressed up as starfleet. i think it's just a matter of preference.

tm :frusty:

I went to one convention, and the first thing I saw there was a big man in full Klingon costume.

But what was funny was the time a bunch of friends in a Star Trek sim group went to Vegas to see The Experience. Even though a lot of them are diehard fans no one wore any uniform parts except for maybe a few pips here or a badge there.

However, when we went to the strip - which is nowhere near The Experience - we saw people in full regulation TNG uniforms. There wasn't even a convention in town that week. :frusty:

I haven't been to a convention...yet !

and when i do go to one i will have to wear " normal " clothes, my husband hates it when i wear my Trek t-shirts so i would never get away with a costume.

I have seen Trekkies and oh my,......some people are " out there " arnet they ??.....

I wore normal clothes. Need to get that really expensive BORg makeup kit....

I have been to a few and have worn normal clothes, though ocassionally a trek t-shirt or sweatshirt. Sometimes a good number and often just a few others wear costumes. If they are having acostume contest then there are more. There have been some really great Borg and Klingon costumes. Most conventions I've been to were in Chicago area and one in LA.

first Convention i went to as Federation in feddie shirt i cont doin that since my last dover ohio con, then gave it up in 2003 .Then went in normal cloths i did wear my sci fi t shirts Tron or Star Wars..

..................................................................................................

TODAY IS NICE GOOD DAY TO DIE!!

I voted *yes* to wearing a costume but to be honest I've never been to a Star Trek convention and I would want to experience the full effect of it all. I was in the closet for many years about my fondness towards Star Trek and most likely would have stayed silent about it if not for marrying Daniel. (The Amish thing.) My brother was a trekkie for years and I manager to read several novels in the privacy of my room at night but I imagine my mother must of known.