Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Aurora Borealus ~

This is a satellite picture,well, rendition of it

post-897-1099963285.gif

These are some of the things I saw last night. No, I didn't take these pictures.post-897-1099963241.gif

post-897-1099963207.gif

post-897-1099963168.gif

post-897-1099963130.gif

post-897-1099963091.jpg

Edited by Jeanway

I live too far south to see them, plus all the lights on Yokosuka City it makes it really hard to see the night sky. :)

The only time I have so them and it wasn't greatest view is when I am in Upstate New York and away from the city lights.

Edited by Odie

I live way too far south. The aurora borealis is one of the reasons Robert says he has to take me to Alaska some day (he used to live there).

Yep, pretty awesome! At one point, the entire sky seemed to be aglow, with a sort of shimmering appearance. Mostly green and yellowish colors, though at one brief moment , there was some red. Around 11:00 there was a vivid display low and to the northeast. I could see the colored bands twist like some celestial snake. It was a great display of God's creativity. :)

There's lots of activity again tonight. Anyone in the high - mid latitudes look up tonight! Wish I lived further south like Tasmania! Mind you then I would be seeing Aurora Australis.

Edited by starsinmyeyes

There's lots of activity again tonight.  Anyone in the high - mid latitudes look up tonight! Wish I lived further south like Tasmania! Mind you then I would be seeing Aurora Australis.

279481[/snapback]

Here's the view from space of Aurora Australis

[attachmentid=2326}]

And a picture from Earth :unsure:

post-897-1100096344.gif

post-897-1100096451.jpg

Edited by Jeanway