Sign in to follow this  
Lursa

The legend of DS9

At first, I really didn't like DS9. I thought it was going to be like another remake of the orginal series so then i thought to myself maybe i shouldn't watch at all.So then, a friend of mine at work gave me a chance to watch all 7 season of the series and i was hooked 4 life!!!!!!!! :o So, i just wanted to let everyone know that if you have a chance to watch DS9 i say you should take a look at it! :o Well if you are a fan of it already the story focuses around the need to respect the differences in people and how religon plays an important part in our lives. Also, DS9 opens you to a new array of characters and also how war can change your life forever. But the main focus of the show is between the relationship of Captain Benjamin Sisko and the Prophets, gods that live in the wormhole that carries you to the gamma quadrant. The Bajorians and the Cardassians are also the main key players in the outcome of the diminion war Which is major theme in 5th, 6th, and 7th season. But i won't give anything else away, you will have to watch the series to see what happens..........

Lursa :rolleyes:

I've been saying for years that DS9 is the best of any of the series. It has been my experience that when TNGers seriously watch DS9 they quickly become Niners.

Character development in DS9 is far deeper then any of the other series.

Ds9 seems to rub some people the wrong way but I really like it, I thought it was a great series, great stories and great characters. TNG will always be my favourite though.

Ds9 seems to rub some people the wrong way but I really like it, I thought it was a great series, great stories and great characters. TNG will always be my favourite though.

278822[/snapback]

Yeah, I've read some comments from people that don't like DS9 because it's on a Space Station and they like to say that all of the wars in it were not part of Gene's vision but so far whenever any of those "doubters" actually watch the full series they come away as Niners.

Nevermid DS9 Being My Favorite Trek Series, DS9 Is A Masterpiece Of Television.

The Character Developement Was Outstanding. The Acting Just Kept Getting Better. The Drama Was Brilliant. And The Shocking Plot Twists Were Awsome.

I Still Think Season 5 Had The Best Unexpected Plot Twist.

In My Opinion, Dukat Is One Of The Best Fictional Characters Ever Created.

And The Moral Of The Series Is....Stay Away From Paranoid, Xenophobic Puddles Of Liquid,lol

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Dude, how do you type a capital letter on each word? I know there are programs that can do that (convert to title caps) but it must be rather taxing to type like that.

The [Dominion] Founders weren't the only xenophobes... have a look at the Bajorans as well. They don't show that aspect as much, but they do show it when the Bajorans are given a chance to be.

I completely forgot about the supposed limitation of DS9 being on a space station long before I became a Niner. It's not a limitation at all. Yes, it is very different, but there are other things to focus on. Such as character development, and the development of the relationship between Cardassia(ns), Bajor(ans), and the Federation. I know nothing about Gene's vision, but DS9 is an accomplishment for anyone to be proud of. I'm sure Roddenberry would be. Besides, most of the "DS9 is a station, not a ship" crowd don't like Voyager much more, they pretty much like TOS and maybe TNG. It's pure hypocrisy that they don't give Voyager the same respect. If you like the series Roddenberry worked directly on, that's fine, but to say DS9 is bad just because they're all on a station is BS. TOS and TNG were classics, but DS9 and Voyager represent the best of modern science fiction.

Dude, how do you type a capital letter on each word?  I know there are programs that can do that (convert to title caps) but it must be rather taxing to type like that.

The [Dominion] Founders weren't the only xenophobes... have a look at the Bajorans as well.  They don't show that aspect as much, but they do show it when the Bajorans are given a chance to be.

358393[/snapback]

Nah, I Don't Even Think About It Anymore,lol

As For The Bajorans, That's Quite True Too, But They Atleast Were Open To The Idea Of Peaceful Co-Existance Or Just Being Left Alone, Rather Than Conquering All Those Who Are "Different".

when I was younger i did not like ds9 but when Spike was playing it b4 TNG I just started to watch and got hooked

I think the whole series makes you take a look at how religion plays a part in everyones lives

Yes, DS9 is the best TV show ever. And to think, more than a year ago I didn't even know what a Deep Space Nine was.

I've been saying for years that DS9 is the best of any of the series. It has been my experience that when TNGers seriously watch DS9 they quickly become Niners.

Character development in DS9 is far deeper then any of the other series.

I can't really agree. The only character whose development holds my interest in DS9 is Sisko, and that is because the writers allowed him to have a life, so that we could see him with his Father, his son and his lover after he comes to terms with the loss of his wife. Unfortunately it took DS9 three seasons to really become watchable, and by then it was mostly a patchwork of already tired Star Trek cliches and plot points lifted from the superior Babylon-5.*

Worf saved DS9 from going the way of "Enterprise", but for pure character development I've yet to see anything match (much less surpass) the original three seasons of Star Trek. Major Kira is sexy, but annoying. Dr. Bashir is painfully annoying...and I found Odo to be a one note character who never does anything more then growl at Quark.

*The whole "Dominion" War was lifted whole from Seasons 3 and 4 of Babylon-5, known as "The Shadow War".