Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

About Promotions

If you reach a promotion level and I don't notice please PM me so I can post a promotion notice. As we get larger it's getting harder for me to spot the promotions as they happen. :)

Your rank is determined by how much you post:

0-50 Posts is an Ensign.

51-100 Posts is a Lieutenant.

101-250 Posts is a Lt. Commander.

251-500 Posts is a Commander.

501+ Posts is a Captain.

Special Ranks:

A Commodore (see my pips at left) is a single-board Moderator.

A Rear Admiral (Like Alterego) is a Global Moderator.

A Fleet Admiral (Like VaBeachGuy) is an Administrator.

How does the Member crew and title work?

As you post your rank goes up with the number of times you post. It's just a fun way of keeping the board in the Star Trek theme. I startre announcing the "Promotions" much the same way we would be promoted when I was in the Army or the way they have done it in Stat Trek, by calling the crew member forward to promote them in front of the full crew.

I hope this answers your question, if not just let me know.

How does the Member crew and title work?

Soong_girl, are you referring to the Titles like "Ensign" and the Member Group as like "Ship's Crew"?

If you are then the title is your rank - determined as your posts as demonstrated above.

The Groups are:

Ships Crew - Normal Member

Others are special people like:

Federation President - Administrator of the forum - VaBeachGuy

Starfleet Commant - Global Moderator - Alterego

TNG Bridge Officer - Moderator of TNG Board - Celtic_Swimmer

ENT Bridge Officer - Moderator of ENT Board - poguemahone

Chief Science Officer - Moderator of Science and Technology Board - Me! Xeroc!

Star Trek Trivia Host - Moderator of Trivia Board - Master_Q

Beware however! I am constantly on the roam police.gif looking for post's which have no substance and if a post appears to have been created only to raise post counts It might be considered spam...smash.gif

Beware however! I am constantly on the roam police.gif looking for post's which have no substance and if a post appears to have been created only to raise post counts  It might be considered spam...smash.gif

Alterego, what exactly do you mean by no substance? :)

Posted: Mar 24 2003, 06:16 PM by Alterego

:) thumbup.gif

Beware however! I am constantly on the roam police.gif looking for post's which have no substance and if a post appears to have been created only to raise post counts  It might be considered spam...smash.gif

Alterego, what exactly do you mean by no substance? :)

Posted: Mar 24 2003, 06:16 PM by Alterego

:) thumbup.gif

thats a good question, wish i asked first :D    :)    :lol:

I see your point.

However my post included content to the subject of this board in a quick and easy way, Being Global Moderator, every post at this site is my responsibility to oversee, I do not always have the time to spell out what I mean to say and that post was an example of the pressure I was under to;

1. Post a response acknowledging the Honoree.

2. Hurrying to resume my duties.

I hope this has cleared up any misunderstanding and now, if you will please excuse me, I still have a page and a half of new post's I must screen before I can settle down and enjoy the boards as just a visitor. Any other questions? :)

I know what you mean, hopefully people show some honor, but how why should my simple reply of this thread not count as a post then? :lol: he he he. And how do you plan on discounting these types as such. Yes you guys have raised very valid questions on that issue and I totally agree.

So at the risk of posting without substance, can you add to these?

: Live and let live, IDIC, to each thier own, I walk to the beet of a different drum, and fly through space to the pulse of a warp drive. Why be normal, Dare to be Different.....

I know what you mean, hopefully people show some honor, but how why should my simple reply of this thread not count as a post then?  :lol: he he he. And how do you plan on discounting these types as such.  Yes you guys have raised very valid questions on that issue and I totally agree.

: Live and let live, IDIC, to each thier own, I walk to the beet of a different drum, and fly through space to the pulse of a warp drive.  Why be normal, Dare to be Different.....

If someone were to go and "spam" a board with 50 nonsense postings I have the ability to go and re-set the post count back to account for that. I haven't ever done that and only would in an extreme case like mentioned above. BUt I also have the ability to set a board up so that postings on that board don't count on the post count.

I know what you mean, hopefully people show some honor, but how why should my simple reply of this thread not count as a post then?  :lol: he he he. And how do you plan on discounting these types as such.  Yes you guys have raised very valid questions on that issue and I totally agree.

: Live and let live, IDIC, to each thier own, I walk to the beet of a different drum, and fly through space to the pulse of a warp drive.  Why be normal, Dare to be Different.....

Yes, I have something I can add to that; you spam, we ban.

I now ask you to please give serious consideration before you click that reply button to post another snappy comeback challenging my authority on these boards.

Have a nice day and thank you for visiting STARTREKFANS.NET, tell a friend.