Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

When should the convention be?

When should the convention be held?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. When should the convention be held?

• During the Official Convention
    • Before the Official Convention
    • Either is fine with me

Should we try to hold the STARTREKFANS Convention during the official convention or by itself?

I would rather hold it by itself, then we won't have the crowds to contend with and higher prices as well.

Should we try to hold the STARTREKFANS Convention during the official convention or by itself?

I would rather hold it by itself, then we won't have the crowds to contend with and higher prices as well.

By itself.

I would rather it be before as well. The Hilton would probably be more accomodating if it were before the official convention as well.

I have seen most of the stars that would most likely attend. Since I sadly doubt that Brent Spiner will attend, i ain't worried about missing it.

Alone is cheaper...cheaper is better!

Either's fine, as I probably can't go...but even if I could *I really hope I can change their minds* I'd vote the same.

Dang, hit the wrong one. That During the Official Convention vote was supposed to be a before vote. I'd love to go to the official, but your right about the prices and crowds.

Even though I probably wont be able to attend ( :laugh::laugh: ) I think it would be a good idea to have it before.

I voted for before the official convention. It will be cheaper and less crowded. And if it were during the official convention we may have people not attending the startrekfans events so that they could go to the official convention which would take away from all of us getting to know each other.

I have seen most of the stars that would most likely attend. Since I sadly doubt that Brent Spiner will attend, i ain't worried about missing it.

Alone is cheaper...cheaper is better!

Here, here Sister! I agree alone is cheaper and cheaper is most definately better!

And us four sisters can wish about Brent showing up, right?

I vote before. I think cheaper is better - and less crowds!

I think it should be before the Official convention. I probably will not be able to attend but let me know when you plan to hold it. :innocent:

I also like the idea that it is cheaper. Plase send reply to the above.

thanks

:laugh:

I said before, while having it during might give us a chance to promote our site to those that don't know about it. I would rather for our first one anyway it just be us, and it would be easier to plan that way

I think it should be before the Official convention.  I probably will not be able to attend but let me know when you plan to hold it.  :innocent:

I also like the idea that it is cheaper.  Plase send reply to the above.

thanks

:laugh:

Right now the plan is for June 2004. I'm waiting to hear back from the Hilton on pricing and availability now. As soon as we have more details I'll post them right away.

I said before, while having it during might give us a chance to promote our site to those that don't know about it. I would rather for our first one anyway it just be us, and it would be easier to plan that way

Then of course if it is just us for our first convention...I believe it would be easier for all of us to find each other, I mean a lot of us have never met each other outside of the boards. Maybe this is a silly statement...but if there are small crowds it would be easier to find our crowd, rather than trying to find everyone amongst 1000's of the other Convention's attendees.

Then of course if it is just us for our first convention...I believe it would be easier for all of us to find each other, I mean a lot of us have never met each other outside of the boards. Maybe this is a silly statement...but if there are small crowds it would be easier to find our crowd, rather than trying to find everyone amongst 1000's of the other Convention's attendees.

I agree. And honestly, the first time I would rather not have alot of crowds around, that way we can all have a chance to get to know each other in person. And honestly, I don't like crowds when I am by myself. It would not bother me after the first one, because I would then know people..

I agree. And honestly, the first time I would rather not have alot of crowds around, that way we can all have a chance to get to know each other in person. And honestly, I don't like crowds when I am by myself. It would not bother me after the first one, because I would then know people..

Oh, good :martok: ...I was worrying that I was the only one or at least in the minority about that. I have always been one to avoid larger groups of people....complicates stuff :angry: .

Oh, good :angry: ...I was worrying that I was the only one or at least in the minority about that. I have always been one to avoid larger groups of people....complicates stuff :martok: .

You are definitely not alone. I am also thinking of those that will be bringing their families. Smaller crowds mean less chance of children getting seperated, and if they are separated alot easier to locate them.

You are definitely not alone.  I am also thinking of those that will be bringing their families.  Smaller crowds mean less chance of children getting seperated, and if they are separated alot easier to locate them.

Oh, I know that situation....I have taken my students to a couple of water parks...so children being separated is something that would worry me too... Smaller crowds would definately be better

ddillard,I have received your e-mail about the 2004 convention. If I get a chance to go this will be my first time EVER attending a SCIFI CONVENTION. If you know were it will be held please reply to this message board.

:martok:

ddillard,I have received your e-mail about the 2004 convention.  If I get a chance to go this will be my first time EVER attending a SCIFI CONVENTION.  If you know were it will be held please reply to this message board.

:martok: 

What email?

IF, im able to go i also hate crowds as large as that would be, plus id want to get to know our group as a group, not with some bigger group. also CHEAPER IS BETTER, in this case. :martok:

Thanks to VaBeachGuy,ddillard and others on giving out the info. about the conention. :)

I am really confused now.. I did not send anything out that I know of, did you get an email from me?

Thanks to VaBeachGuy,ddillard and others on giving out the info. about the conention. :)

I am really confused now.. I did not send anything out that I know of, did you get an email from me?

Must be that Drinking Post that did it to you... all that booze! LMAO

All I can say is Gulp.gif

B) !!!!

Thanks to VaBeachGuy,ddillard and others on giving out the info. about the conention. B)

:) !!!!

Oh, I understand now. It is the emails that are sent out when a topic is being tracked, and I had replied to the topic.