Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Favourite Vulcan female

Which Vulcan female was the best in your view?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which Vulcan female was the best in your view?

• Spock's betrothed from TOS (name???)
    • Vulcan High Priestess from The Motion Picture
    • Kirsty Alley's Saavik
    • Robin Curtis's Saavik
    • Vulcan High Priestess from end of Search for Spock
    • Kim Cattrel's Valeris
    • Dr Selar
    • T'Pol
    • Any others??? Please put below

Kirsty Alley made a pretty Vulcan but Robin Curtis had the mono-brow Vulcan frown down to a tee. When she says blatently to Kirk 'David is dead' I thought that that was very typically Vulcan.

I was going to vote for kirsty alley but then i remembered seeing her cry at the end of TWOK when spock gets his send off in the torpedo,and i always thought vulcans dont cry or have emotions so thats not good acting as vulcan so my vote goes to....Kim Cattrel's Valeris even though i thought she acted more like a romulan then a vulcan :flex:

Saavik was originally supposed to be 1/2 Vulcan and 1/2 Romulan. This didn't make it into the final screen version however. It was edited out later but by then the dialog had already been written.

I mean would a pure Vulcan really say "Damn" during a simulation?

I like T'Pol. I'm looking forward to the Vulcan story arc that is coming up on Enterprise which will hopefully silence the critics that T'Pol's Vulcan is Vulcan enough.

My second choice would be Dr. Selar. I always wished we saw more of her in TNG instead of the occassional mentions made to the character.

I went with Kirsty Alley's Saavik. She's a hottie! And you got to remember, even if she wasn't the most vulcan Vulcan, it was her first time on the big screen! And it was a pretty good first time, too.

I'm not good at names of episodes but the epi of TNG where Picard was undercover looking for an archeaological artifact - there was a Vulcan operative involved.

277913[/snapback]

You're thinking of Gambit (Parts 1 and 2). Tallera (played by Robin Curtis) was posing as a Romulan. She tells Picard she's actually a Vulcan operative when in fact she is a Vulcan isolationist who wants the psionic resonator as weapon to further her goals.

Great episode.

Hmmm tuff one but when push comes to shove then my vote goes to T'POL as my fav vulcan female :rolleyes:

The one I think was most Vulcan-like was T'Pau.

As to who I would like to have ... well, T'Pol, of course. :rolleyes:

By the way, the High Priestess from Amok Time, The Motion Picture, and The Search for Spock were the same character. I believe they were the same actress as well.

I voted other. My choice is T'pau, the Vulcan who officiated at Spock's wedding. She turned down a seat on the Federation Council. I like the fact that she was a woman of influence, but not power hungry. She knew where it was she wanted to serve, and it was at home, on Vulcan, not far away with the Federation.

The one I think was most Vulcan-like was T'Pau.

As to who I would like to have... well, T'Pol, of course. :)

By the way, the High Priestess from Amok Time, The Motion Picture, and The Search for Spock were the same character.  I believe they were the same actress as well.

278146[/snapback]

I remember reading that a cheap actress was used for the Vulcan priestess in The Motion Picture and this just didn't work and so a real staturesque actress (Dame someone or other) was used in The Search for Spock. She was much better.

Kim Cattrel's Valeris even though i thought she acted more like a romulan then a vulcan :)

Yay! Thank you! My vote goes to Valeris also, of course...

VALERIS!!