29 members have voted

1. 1. Do use the chat room?

• I use the chat room frequently
    • I have used the chat room a few times
    • I don't like chat rooms
    • I didn't know we had one but I'll try it soon
    • I want to but I'm having problems registering with AIM
    • I want to but I can't download programs onto my computer

Let us know what you think of the chat feature.

I've only gone in a few times but I've had a great time when I have. Definitely recommend using it.

My option isn't there! Where is "I just don't use it". I just don't use the chat room - I am often busy and like the boards better. (not to say I don't like chat rooms)

There is a way to use chat without downloading the actual AIM program, for those that cannot do so. I will add it to my Frequently asked questions post on the STARTREKFANS Chat thread that is pinned in Ten Forward when I get home from work in about an hour or so. I hope that it helps.

There is a way to use chat without downloading the actual AIM program, for those that cannot do so.  I will add it to my Frequently asked questions post on the STARTREKFANS Chat thread that is pinned in Ten Forward when I get home from work in about an hour or so.  I hope that it helps.

I know of a few people who keep getting a message to come back later when they try to register a screen name (happened to me a few times too before I went to a different site to download). Any suggestions there.

Yes, The addition I will be making to the FAQ will answer that as well. But I can not do it for about an hour or so. I am at work, so I have to watch what I am doing while online.. But I will answer that question.

There is a way to use chat without downloading the actual AIM program, for those that cannot do so.  I will add it to my Frequently asked questions post on the STARTREKFANS Chat thread that is pinned in Ten Forward when I get home from work in about an hour or so.  I hope that it helps.

I know of a few people who keep getting a message to come back later when they try to register a screen name (happened to me a few times too before I went to a different site to download). Any suggestions there.

I just finished adding to the FAQ page. All new items are in ORANGE and will be for a week, then I will change them to white, to make it easier to spot new items.

I hope that these will help to answer everyones questions, but if I have missed a question, someone please let me know and I will do the my best to find an answer.

Keep on Chatting

I want to, but my computer has been in a bad mood lately, so maybe I'll eventually get in there.

Well, thatnks to your suggestion to delete the cookies, i finally got in tot he chat.

Thanks DDillard! :laugh:  :laugh:

No, Problem. I guess it comes in handy to have an internet support technician around.. :laugh:

i love it, but ive only been there twice when i found someone, but been there more than that to see if anyone is there. its nice talking real time with someone about whatever, such as last night about enterprise, a bunch of us showed up, it was great.

I've been using it a lot at night. I love it! B)

Yes, we have been having a lot of fun in there at night lately.. :)

I don't have AIM installed on my computer but can get into the chatroom if invited by someone already in it. Not sure if this is possible for everyone, though.

I don't have AIM installed on my computer but can get into the chatroom if invited by someone already in it. Not sure if this is possible for everyone, though.

There is a way in the FAQ in Ten Forward I put a way to access the chat without having AIM on your computer or needing someone else to invite you by using AIM Express, which is a browser run version of AIM.. :)