Sign in to follow this  
Celtic_Swimmer

TNG QUOTES

I loved that convo too. Has anyone else noticed thay some (sorry, most) of TNG's best scenes are Data scenes (I mean that in terms of profoundness, but they were the best acted too - they had Data in them :) )

I loved that convo too. Has anyone else noticed thay some (sorry, most) of TNG's best scenes are Data scenes (I mean that in terms of profoundness, but they were the best acted too - they had Data in them :) )

Of course, But then he is just one of many reasons we like TNG so much. And in my book any scene Data is in is worthwihile and excellent! :)

Yes, but he's a very big reason why we like the show so much (You could say this for all...or MOST...of TNG characters, but it holds especially true for Data: Where would TNG be without him?)

Yes, but he's a very big reason why we like the show so much (You could say this for all...or MOST...of TNG characters, but it holds especially true for Data: Where would TNG be without him?)

Umm, absolutely nowhere! Well that is certainly THIS Soong's opinion!

And mine as well. Forgive me if I'm repeating myself, but: Data had at LEAST 30% of all the episodes when, if they were equally distributed, each character should rightly have about 10%. I rest my case...for now.

How could I forget one of my favourite quotes from The Offspring:

Lal: I love you father.

Data: I wish I could feel it with you.

Lal: I will feel for both of us.

Or the tribute in Relics:

Scotty: What is it?

Data: It is...(looking for label). It is...(smelling contents). It is green.

How could I forget one of my favourite quotes from The Offspring:

Lal: I love you father.

Data: I wish I could feel it with you.

Lal: I will feel for both of us.

Or the tribute in Relics:

Scotty: What is it?

Data: It is...(looking for label). It is...(smelling contents). It is green.

Oh, definately yes! We cannot forget those!

I AM POSTING THIS HERE FOR ALL TO SEE!!

Please only Put Quotes here,,, u can PM for Personal Messages...

Thanx and sorry for being a Pain

Celtic Swimmer

~Lauren

"BE GONE...sir."

Worf to Data in The Icarus Factor

"Mama needs a new pair of shoes."

Data in The Royale

"There are creatures in this universe who would consider you to be the ultimate achievement android. No feelings, no emotions, no pain and yet you covet those qualities of humanity. Believe me you're missing nothing. But if it means anything to you you're a better human than I."

Q to Data in Deja Q

Q: "Picard thinks I can't cut it on his starship. I can do anything his little trained minions can do."

Data: "I do not perceive your skills to be in doubt, Q. The captain is merely concerned with your ability to successfully interact with 'his little trained minions'."

Deja Q

I was watching Deja Q today. It is one of my favourites. There were so many great lines in that episode that I have to add a few more:

Q to Picard:

Q: Because in all the universe you're the closest thing I have to a friend Jean-Luc.

Q to Worf:

Q: Oh perspicacity incarnate. Please don't feel compelled now to tell me the story of the boy who cried "Worf".

Q and Data

Q: What are you looking at.

Data: I was considering the possiblity that you are telling the truth that you are human.

Q: It's the ghastly truth Mr. Data. I can now stub my toe with the best of them.

Data: An irony. It means that you have achieved in disgrace what I have always aspired to be.

In Ten Forward

Guinan: Seems human enough to me. (after stabbing Q with a fork)

Q on the Bridge

Q: I'm immortal again, omnipetent again.

Riker: Swell.

Riker: I don't need your fantasy women.

Q: Oh you're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard.

I was watching Deja Q today. It is one of my favourites. There were so many great lines in that episode that I have to add a few more:

Q to Picard:

Q: Because in all the universe you're the closest thing I have to a friend Jean-Luc.

Q to Worf:

Q: Oh perspicacity incarnate. Please don't feel compelled now to tell me the story of the boy who cried "Worf".

Q and Data

Q: What are you looking at.

Data: I was considering the possiblity that you are telling the truth that you are human.

Q: It's the ghastly truth Mr. Data. I can now stub my toe with the best of them.

Data: An irony. It means that you have achieved in disgrace what I have always aspired to be.

In Ten Forward

Guinan: Seems human enough to me. (after stabbing Q with a fork)

Q on the Bridge

Q: I'm immortal again, omnipetent again.

Riker: Swell.

Riker: I don't need your fantasy women.

Q: Oh you're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard.

"Q: What are you looking at.

Data: An irony. It means that you have achieved in disgrace what I have always aspired to be." - I love the look Data has on him face after he says that. (sigh :unsure: )

I was just watching The Measure of a Man so here a couple more:

It brings a sense of order and stability to my universe to know that you're still a pompous *buttocks*...and a damn sexy man.

Phillipa Louvois to Jean-Luc Picard

Data: Is it not true that had you refused to prosecute Captain Louvois would have ruled summarily against me?

Riker: Yes.

Data: That action injured you and saved me. I will not forget it.

Riker: You're a wise man my friend.

Data: No sir. Not yet. But with your help I am learning.

This isn;t really a quote, but:

Worf's stunt in front of the mirror at the very end of that episode.

This isn;t really a quote, but:

Worf's stunt in front of the mirror at the very end of that episode.

I think that is one of the only times we see Worf really smile in all of TNG.

This isn't a quote but when they are rehearsing that play and poor Bev is left shaking her head. Of course then Riker utters that immortal line:

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature, an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?

I believe Worf smiles a total of 5 times throughout TNG

Also, I thought Riker was...off during that scene (even though it was funny). He reads the lines all serious and shakespearian, and then when Beverly tells him that the lines are from Data's poem he says "I know". Well, why was he reciting the lines for so long and so convincingly if he knew? Why?

That scene alwasy reminds me of the one in Disaster (I think?) when Beverly tries to get Geordi to sing (leVar has a pretty nice voice, actually)

Edited by Alterego

Another line I really like from Fistful of Datas:

If I ever get my hands on the fella who drew that I'll make him wish he never put pen to paper. Heck, I'm 10 times uglier than that.

Eli Hollander

"I didn't figure into a lead role. It'll be a small part, two lines" -Beverly

"Oh,"-Picard

"Yes the part is the Butler"-Beverly

from "A Fistful of Datas" and Beverly was talking to Picard about his part in "Something For Breakfast", I may have gotten it a little wrong, but Picard's reaction was just funny, IMO. :lol:

"Oh,"-Picard

from "A Fistful of Datas" and Beverly was talking to Picard about his part in "Something For Breakfast", I may have gotten it a little wrong, but Picard's reaction was just funny, IMO. :lol:

Having Patrick Stewart delivering this line:

"Well I'm not much of an actor"

Just shows you how different they are in that regard.

Note of interest: I read an interview with Patrick Stewart and he was speaking about how Jean Luc Picard has affected him. He said that he has been in some situations and wondered to himself "How would Picard react to this". Something we all have in common, eh!! (Yes, I'm Canadian, eh!)

"Oh,"-Picard

Having Patrick Stewart delivering this line:

"Well I'm not much of an actor"

Just shows you how different they are in that regard.

Note of interest: I read an interview with Patrick Stewart and he was speaking about how Jean Luc Picard has affected him. He said that he has been in some situations and wondered to himself "How would Picard react to this". Something we all have in common, eh!! (Yes, I'm Canadian, eh!)

Ah so Patrick was having a WWPD moment (What Would Picard Do- I know that was bad, but it is true is it not?)

And yes, I remember you said you were Canadian.

My "eh" didn't give it away, eh?

Well, for some it might. But as for me, I am American born, and raised European (as my mom used to say). Most people though in school, that when I did speak that I had a foreign accent (either Scottish, Irish, Welsh or Scandinavian-which is all in my ancestry anyway!) So, your eh, wasn't that noticable, really.

OK, now back to business, right soong_girl???

"There are four lights"- Picard

Don;t you love how PIcard just assumed he was getting the lead role?

And I don;t think I've ever said eh? at all (except while reciting the alphabet)

Guess he thought that because he is the Captain

Anyway,

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" - the song Clara is humming in Imaginary Friend (At least I think that was the tune)

One of my favourites from Brothers:

"The only way we knew we'd come out of warp was from looking out a window." Riker to Picard

"Less talk, more synthahol!"

-Worf to Geordi and Data from the episode Transfigurations.

In The Naked Now didn't Data say "If you (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) me do I not bleed." ??????? I could be wrong but thats what I remember.... all hail Bev!! :wow: