Celtic_Swimmer

TNG QUOTES

Below are the quotes from the other board:

Celtic_Swimmer

Councelor

Ensign

Quotes

« on: March 3, 2003, 01:39:56 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Board needs this one!!!

"Q: ahh and how are you MicroBrain.. *To worf*"

"Lwaxana Troi: Oh, Hello Mr Woof"

Will: Oh yes 'the phase' its something troi mentioned to me when we started dating, when a woman goes threw this 'phase' she quadruiples her sex drive!!

Deanna: Or more!!

Will: Oh more.. U never told me that

Deanna*Smirking* I didn't want to frighten you.

NO  WONDER HE FINALLY MARRIED HER!!!!

And Finally

"I am not a marry man!! *worf*" 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Fate Protects Fools, Little Children and Ships Named EnterPrise!!*

~Life Forms, U tiny little life forms, u presious little life forms, *tapping* where are U?!?! *do do do do do do do*~ Data

~*~*~A Swim a Day Keeps the Celulite Away;-)~*~*~ 

VaBeachGuy

Fleet Admiral

Re:Quotes

« Reply #1 on: March 3, 2003, 01:56:23 AM »   

No fair, I already got the Merry Man one    :)

Celtic_Swimmer

Councelor

Ensign

« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2003, 12:13:24 PM »   

Quote from: VaBeachGuy on March  3, 2003, 01:56:23 AM   

No fair, I already got the Merry Man one 

I am Sorry!! I Didn't notice..

Meh .. its ok.. well now its on this Board!  :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Fate Protects Fools, Little Children and Ships Named EnterPrise!!*

~Life Forms, U tiny little life forms, u presious little life forms, *tapping* where are U?!?! *do do do do do do do*~ Data

~*~*~A Swim a Day Keeps the Celulite Away;-)~*~*~ 

Saavik

Ensign

« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2003, 05:14:09 PM »   

Some of my  favorites:

"NCC-One-Seven-Oh-One. No bloody A,B,C,or D"

Scott to Computer

"I got angry"

Data

"I don't see no points on your ears, boy, but you sound like a Vulcan.

"No sir. I am an android.

"Almost as bad"

McCoy and Data

"One is my name and the other is not"

Data

"Shut up, Wesley"

Picard

"Shut up, Wesley?"

Crusher

"Shut up, Wesley!"

Crusher

"So tell me to 'shut up Wesley' and I will"

Wesley

"Take my Worf, please"

Data

And.....

"Sir, I protest. I'm not a merry man."

Worf 

I've seen worse 

:D

Data: i think we will be 'Buring the Midnight Oil'!

*No Idea what Episode*

-Laur

I remember that, I'll have to find that episode (I have all of them on CD). There was a funny part shortly before that on the same subject too.

I do not remember the EXACT quote I am thinking about, but it was in Generations, Data got the punch line of a joke Geordie told 8 years before... Hmm come to think about it, that whole scene was great! I still get a little chill when I remember the way Data's forehead quivered when the chip fused... :D

I do not remember the EXACT quote I am thinking about, but it was in Generations, Data got the punch line of a joke Geordie told 8 years before... Hmm come to think about it, that whole scene was great! I still get a little chill when I remember the way Data's forehead quivered when the chip fused... :)

:)

Yeah that JOke is On the Movie Quote i think!!! i copy and pasted it from somewhere... i'll find out where i put it..

and VaBeachGuy i remember the other part too.. someone said were gonna be buring the midnight oil tonight and data said thats inadvisable.. and i think it was geordi who said its just a metaphor.. and he said what i said...

DAMN gotta find the episode now!!!

-Laur :D

I've actually never heard this in the series, but on the old board I came across Vulcan One's Quote of the Day which read:

(ST-TNG The Naked Now)Data quoting a limerick to Picard               

"There once was a young lady from Venus' date='

whose body was shaped like a ...."

"Capt. Picard to Security!"[/quote']

That's good stuff. Lol.

This was never in Trek, but it's about Trek:

Q: What did Picard say when he saw Worf on the toilet?

A: CAPTAIN'S LOG!

Ya I know it was corny but I thought it was funny when I first heard it.

And I'm sorry about this whole vulgar humour trend I have going with the last to posts in this thread. Lol. Sorry if I offended anyone.

:D:D:D

I've actually never heard this in the series, but on the old board I came across Vulcan One's Quote of the Day which read:

(ST-TNG The Naked Now)Data quoting a limerick to Picard               

"There once was a young lady from Venus' date='

whose body was shaped like a ...."

"Capt. Picard to Security!"[/quote']

That's good stuff. Lol.

This is actually quite Funny! They ALL got a virus that made them all Sexual.. Deanna and Will was Howlz but Picard and Crusher was Funnier *what was that sound he made in his ready room??*

-Laur :D:D

TNG Quotes at: http://www.sjacob.org/trek/quotes/S_TheNextGeneration/

Some are:

"It never happened" -- Yar to Data (The Naked Now)

"Shields up! Rrrrred alert!" -- Riker (practically every episode!!!)

"Eaten any good books lately?" -- Q (to Worf) (Deja-Q)

"I am NOT a merry man!!!" -- Worf (Qpid)

"Synthetic Scotch, synthetic Commanders..." -- Captain Scott, Scotty (Relics)

"What do you want me to do?" -- Q

"Die" -- Worf (Deja Q)

[after they kiss] "What were you just thinking?" -- Jenna

"In that particular moment, I was reconfiguring the warp field parameters, analyzing the collected works of Charles Dickens, calculating the maximum pressure I could safely apply to your lips, considering a new food supplement for Spot..." -- Data

"I'm glad I was in there somewhere" -- Jenna

"Good tea. Nice house." -- Worf, trying to be diplomatic (The Survivors)

And . . . Celtic_Swimmer I believe you mean:

"If you (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) me, do I not... leak?" -- Data (The Naked Now)

The burning the midnight oil lines came from All Good Things. It was O'Brien who said it was a metaphor.

The one in my signature below from Measure of a Man.

"For an android with no feelings he sure evoked them in others." Riker to Picard in The Most Toys

"Our mental pathways have grown accustomed to your sensory input patterns." Riker to Data in Time's Arrow

"Die" Worf to Q when Q asked what he must do to prove he was not a member of the Continuum anymore in Deja Q

soong_girl ! No Fair! you've taken all of the ones I was going to say! Including your signature. Well, I guess that is cause us Soong's think alike!

My Name is data

Pulaski: whats the Difference *refering to Data and Data ~one of the a's sounding like ah~*

Data: Simple, one is my name. The other is not!

~Lauren :blink:

McCoy: Well it's a new ship - but she's got the right name. Now you remember that, you hear?

Data: I will, Sir

McCoy: You treat her like a lady, and she'll always bring you home

Riker: Fate protects fools, little children and ships named Enterprise

Crusher: If there's nothing wrong with me... maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Data: You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and...

Worf: I will feed him

Gia: Father said she went to a beautiful place, where everything is peaceful, and everyone loves each other, and no one ever gets sick. Do you think there's really a place like that?

Data: Yes... I do

(of course, people get sick all the time on the Enterprise, but I love that quote. And the way he says it. *sigh*)

Troi: Data...you do understand

Data: Yes councellor. When [left the alien ship?] I realized: this is where I belong.

Riker: Yes, absolutely, I do indeed concur, wholeheartedly!

Picard: Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit

Quark: I have a dream; a dream that all people -- human, Jem'Hadar, Ferengi, Cardassians -- will someday stand together in peace... around my Dabo tables.

Worf: Constable, why are you talking to your beverage?!?

Odo: It's not a beverage. It's a changeling.

Janeway: There's coffee in that nebula!

Female Q: What are you doing with that dog?...I'm not talking about the puppy.

Data: No, no

Riker: But it’s what you’ve always wanted

Data: Yes, but I never wished to compound one…illusion with another. It might be real to Q, but it would never be so to me. And after all, was it not [one of your own poets?] who said “this above all, to one’s own self be true?”. Sorry sir, but I must decline.

Riker: When has justice ever been as simple as a rule book?

Data: Please continue the petty bickering. I find it most intriguing.

Q: Eaten any good books lately?

Q: What do you want me to do?

Worf: Die

Q: This is really starting to get on my nerves now that I have them.

Cochrane: Don’t you people pee in the 24th century? (You know, he never answered)

Data: I am forced to wonder how much experience admiral Haftel had as a parent when he had his first child.

Picard (I think…): You seemed to have improved on yourself.

Data: Is that not the goal of all parents?

McCoy: What’s so damn troublesome about not having died?

Riker: For an android with no feelings he sure invoked them in others.

New life-form: Ugly bags of mostly water.

London: The name’s Jack London. (I’m sorry, I love that part)

And in The Bonding, Data and Riker were having a discussion on why Data was more upset about Tasha’s death than that other woman’s (I didn’t see the whole episode) and Riker said “maybe if everyone felt that way human history would be a lot less bloody”. I some of that part and I’d like to know the whole quote. If anyone knows, could they tell me? Thanks.

Also, if any of my quotes are wrong, could someone tell me? They’re all from memory and might have gotten a little mixed up (or completely screwed up).

And one more quote:

Picard: Data, stop babbling

Data: Blabble sir? I was not aware that I ever babble, sir. it might be at times I have a great deal of information to communicate. And you may question the way in which I organise it...

Picard: PLease. Organise it into brief answers to my questions. What is [that thing'd] opinion on us?

Data: Undecided (then he looks away nonchalantly, hehehe)

I have a photographic memory - I see words. OK, no I don't, and I'm just showing off. Sorry. Anyways, I remember the most completely random things, but if I remember it, I remember it well.

Oh, and sorry about the typos, and I used contractions in one of Data's quotes, but that's just habbit - - you know what I mean :blink:

No worry about the typos DSBS but if you want you can fix them. In the top right hand corner of your post you should see an icon that says edit. If you press that you can go in and correct typos. Cool eh!

Yes, that is probably the best tips we all can use on this board. After all, that was such a pain to have to post to your post about a correction! I'm glad that I saw you here soong_girl, this board works out for all of us Soongs!

Sorry about that Celtic_Swimmer. Probably should have PM'ed that.

Here's a good one from Liaisons:

Data: I have found that in moments of diplomatic tension, it is often helpful to find elements of commonality.

Worf: Ambassador Byleth is demanding, temperamental and rude.

Data: You share all of those qualities in abundance. Perhaps you should build on your similarities.

Thanks soong_girl. And great quote. I'll fix the typos right now. Oh, and I have a quote to add:

Data: Why did you create me (long convo that I like, but want to get to the point).

Soong: Why don't people tear down old houses? Why? Why?

Data:...so they have a tie to the past. Humans are not imortal and they need continuity (I know, way off. Shhh).

Soong: So does this continuity only run one way? backwards?...So why do people have children?

Data: Also for continuity and leaving a legacy. I believe that answers your question.

Soong: and yours too, I think.

(Oh crud. I can't remember the exact words, not even close!! - haven't seen that ep in a while. MUST GET SEASON 4 ON DVD!! But I liked the conversation)

Hey. dsbs even if you think you got that scene wrong. . .it still a great scene! and it is one of my favorite TNG scenes!