Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Episode Spotlight DS9

DS955601.JPG

Weyoun contacts Odo for a secret meeting, it seems he wishes to defect. Could it be a trick or could Weyoun really be switching sides?

Jeffery Combs gives a great performance in this episode and shows why he such a big part of recent Trek history.

In a sub-plot Nog teaches Chief O'Brien how to navigate the Great Material Contunium and causes some tense moments for the Chief along the way. How would you like having Martok mad at you for stealing his Blood Wine?

In this portion of the episode you can see the start of what could become quite a friendship between Nog and Chief O'Brien. It would make for an interesting friendship. I can see it now, Chief O'Brien Dr. Bashir and Nog defending the Alamo or fighting the Nazis in the battle of Britan.

To read the full episode synopsis from StarTrek.COM click below:

Click for Spoiler:

Odo is lured to a secret meeting site, where he finds himself face to face with Weyoun, the Vorta leader of the enemy Dominion.

Weyoun announces that he's decided to defect and, in exchange for asylum, he promises to provide valuable information that could help the Federation win the war. After the two board Odo's Runabout, the ship is hailed by the Cardassians. Odo is shocked when the monitor displays Weyoun standing beside Damar.

The Weyoun Odo has taken aboard the Runabout is actually a clone known as WV-Six, while the "real" Weyoun — the seventh clone — is still loyal to the Dominion cause. When WV-Six defies Weyoun's order to activate his termination implant, and Odo refuses to turn him over, Damar and Weyoun vow to destroy the Federation ship. But WV-Six doubts the verity of Weyoun's threat — for Odo is a Founder, the race worshipped by the Vorta. Nonetheless, Damar summons the Jem'Hadar, and they besiege the Federation craft with gunfire.

WV-Six informs Odo of the attacking ship's weakness, and Odo destroys it. While awaiting the enemy's next move, WV-Six explains why his people worship Odo's race: the Founders transformed WV-Six's ape-like ancestors into powerful beings. Odo responds by pointing out that the Founders are also responsible for a war that has killed millions. WV-Six reveals a stunning fact: the Founders are dying from a sickness that is spreading rapidly through their ranks.

Weyoun explains that because Odo left his people long ago, he is the only Changeling not infected by the virulent disease. WV-Six expresses his hope that Odo will use the opportunity to build a new, more peaceful Dominion. After Odo hides the Runabout inside a frozen comet, four more Jem'Hadar ships attack and blast their way through the icy field.

Odo tries to outrace the ships, but the Runabout is subjected to constant pounding. To call off the attackers and save Odo, WV-Six contacts Weyoun and Damar, then activates the termination implant. Before WV-Six dies, he asks for, and receives, Odo's reluctant blessing. Back at the space station, Odo worries about the future: though his people are dying, they are still the enemy. Regardless of the war's winner, Odo is destined to lose.

The part with Nog is great fun in this episode! Bartering at its best! Of all of that material, I think the trade involving Sisko's desk is the funniest! :rolleyes:

The conversations between Odo and Weyoun are interesting. W is at his fawning best - after all, to him, he's talking to a god. And Odo is so torn between telling him to get lost (and knowing that he can't) and trying to bolster him up to be his own being.

I haven't seen most of season seven - from what y'all are talking about, I can't wait until I can!

This episode was well done, the humor was hilarious. The scene with Sisko's desk was one of the funniest in DS9 in my opinion. The main story with Weyoun and Odo was rather original in it's concept and enjoyable.

:P I, too think the O'Brien and Nog was funny. Thanks for the spoilers if it weren't for them it would be hard for me to remember. Only get VOY and ENTERPRISE here. Weyoun now that was a wearied character. He made me nervous whenever he was on. The actor, now he is a diferent story. I know his voice all to well and can pick him out of a crowd if need be. He can switch characters really well, but I still know that voice. :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)