Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Hometown

Where would you rather live?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you rather live?

• I moved away from my hometown and wish I hadn't.
    • I moved away and I like it better where I am.
    • I moved away, but I want to live somewhere else.
    • I still live in my home town, but wish I lived somewhere else.
    • I still live in my home town, and I like it here.
    • I still live in my home town, but I want to live elsewhere.

I'm kinda mixed between moved and wish I was back at home and moved but I wish I lived somewhere else.

There's nothing wrong with where I live (Orange County, California) but I would very much like to be living back in southeastern Massachusetts. On the other hand, I would also very much like to be living in New Orleans again.

I guess I'll have to go with I moved away, but I want to live somewhere else.

Edited by wishfire

I have moved which doesn't bother me, but I do miss my hometown. One day I would like to return there.

I moved from my hometown when I was 10 but I only live about an hour away from it now. I haven't been back there in years though. My parents both live in the same city I do and I've completely lost touch with friends I had back then. I have wonderful memories and I have great affection for my hometown but I'm staying put. I've lived in Winnipeg for 17 years now and I can't imagine ever moving from here.

I was torn between

I moved away from my hometown and wish I hadn't.

I moved away and I like it better where I am.

because afterall home is home but I've made a new home now so I went with I moved away and I like it better where I am. Btw, I moved here because here's where the Navy wanted me. I missed home for a long time but I've become a Fool for the City. (<Foghat :flowers: )

None of the above, I moved away from my hometown when I was in my twenties and I have lived in other states and other cities in my home state. But a few years ago I moved back home.

I miss Utah - the mountains and the many cultural opportunities. I miss Virginia even more - what a beautiful place to live, and the history and again cultural opportunities. But I am where I want to be. RK, I believe everyone should experience living in a different place if that is what they want. My biggest regret about living away is the time I missed away from my family - but as a whole I don't regret it. And, I can't say for certain that in time I won't move away again.

I do miss going to a play or a ballet :flowers:

I left england when i was 17 with my little sis mom and my dutch step dad and we moved to holland i have been here now almost 7 years and i dont miss my home town one bit all i miss is a few friends there but for the rest i have no plans ever to move back to england again,i have built up a good life here with a good job and the girl of my dreams with a baby on the way :flowers: life is good in holland much more relaxed then where i lived in england so i have no regrets.

I was born in Miami, and my family & moved not to long after I was born(my dad was in the military at the time). So we went to NY, where my sister was born. Not too long after she was born, we moved to where we live now and have been here for closing in on 22 years.

I have been to Miami a few times when I was growing up, and I cannot say I would really wish to move back. Though if I were ever to move out of state, I would more than likely head up north. North Carolina, or farther northward..

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I was born in Long Beach, but I consider San Diego my home town. currently I live in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago and I WISH I lived in Hawaii. It's much nicer there than here.

I'm going to move to live abroad in a couple of years, probably somewhere in South America

Well although I do want to go out and see the world, my home is always in Halifax, and even though I'm sure I'm going to move out of the country for a period of time I believe I will come back to live in Halifax.

I have moved and I miss my hometown a lot, but I would not go back to live because there are too many painful memories there. At the same time, I do not really want to stay here.

I grew up in two hometowns. Back and forth. But the town where I was born was on the Atlantic Ocean in NorthWestern France. The other town where we lived was on the Southern tip of Denmark, between the Baltic and Northern Sea. Even though they were in different countries, they were very similar. :flowers::cloud9:

I left home about 3 months ago to come live with Hang its in the same town i lived in all my life so i have not really moved far from my moms house,where me and Hang live is a nice and peaceful area and we have no plans to move because its perfect for us and when the baby is born it wil be the best place to bring up a child :flex:

I left home about 3 months ago to come live with Hang its in the same town i lived in all my life so i have not really moved far from my moms house,where me and Hang live is a nice and peaceful area and we have no plans to move because its perfect for us and when the baby is born it wil be the best place to bring up a child :rolleyes:

277776[/snapback]

That's wonderful! I want to move back to my hometown with my girl and our son for the same reason.

Edited by wishfire

I was shocked to find that I actually liked living someplace better than my hometown. I thought I would never move away from my family and friends. Yet I love the area I live in, and it feels like home now. Plus some of my relatives have also migrated to this area so I am not far from some family members!

I wish I could move back to my home town of Palmerston North but current emploment opportunities are not so good. To bad though, living anywhere else I feel like a vagrant.

I moved away from my hometown when I was 19 (when I joined the Army). I go back and visit but that's all I'll ever do, where I am now is so much better.

i havent moved from my home town but my mom is gona move to live with her boyfriend ina nother town which will probably be next year. i'm gonna see if Im gonna get my GCSE's out of the way first as I'm doing 2 a year early. I sort of like where I live butr I would like to move

I pretty much decided that if I ever move it probably would not be much farther north than Jacksonville. Well, I still like the area about Gatlinburg but the cold weather bugs my arm so going to where it is colder than it is here probably would not be too wise of a choice except to visit for a short duration.

Southward is starting to appeal to me more :dude: But probably still not Miami, and definately NOT Tampa or Orlando(as I am not a big fan of being in either city for a very long period of time, and I am referring to the idea of more than a week!)

I voted for this one but there are still times that I miss the life I had in my hometown even though it is in many ways not as good as the life I have here.

I moved away from my hometown many years ago. In some ways I would like to go back but really what I want is that sense of community, which no longer exists in my hometown as it once did. I lived out in the country and most of hte neighbors are gone and the nearest town population around 1500 is quite different now. I also crave an area with less people, but friendly people. Yes the near impossible dream! :P

I moved away from my hometown many years ago.  In some ways I would like to go back but really what I want is that sense of community, which no longer exists in my hometown as it once did.  I lived out in the country and most of hte neighbors are gone and the nearest town population around 1500 is quite different now.  I also crave an area with less people, but friendly people.  Yes the near impossible dream!  :P

310375[/snapback]

I'd have to agree with some of your thoughts, even though I'm sure we aren't from the same area of the country.

When I first moved away from home, it was only about 45 miles to go and get my degree.

People were basically the same, everyone friendly, saying hi to strangers on the street, etc.

Then 2 years after graduation I moved far away from home.

It's not the same. ;)

I'd love to go and find the same atmosphere I grew up in, but I know you can't go home, and frankly it's changed enough there that I won't. However, I do want that for myself and those that I love.

I voted for this one but there are still times that I miss the life I had in my hometown even though it is in many ways not as good as the life I have here.

You summed up how I feel as well.

I've spent time living in three of this country's larger states as well as the Caribbean. I think everyone should try it for some period of time. It broadens your horizons, opens you up to new ideas.