Sign in to follow this  
CaptQuick

New Enterprise Opening

I went and looked at the preview page for "Borderland" and lo and behold, an exclusive clip for a completely different opening for Enterprise. Incorporating the classic "These are the voyages" monologue. What d'ya think? Will it just be a gimmick for this episode, or will it be this for the rest of the season? Take a look for yourselves:

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/seri...isode/6485.html

Edited by CaptQuick

I don't like it. It's not said with the heart of the TOS and TNG.

275491[/snapback]

But Archer said "Where no human has gone before", so in a way it has its own heart. :laugh:

But yeah, after hearing it a second time, his voice sounds so generic and uninterested.

Please give me a link to this.

275492[/snapback]

It's on the link, under VIDEO.

Edited by sea trooper

Where is that?

275495[/snapback]

The link is in the first post.

I don't really care for it. The music and images don't really go together and the voiceover sounds like an after thought.

The "where no human has gone before" is cheesey. I hope they don't make that the opening, if they do then I hope they re-do it and make it a lot bettern then what they have there.

275491[/snapback]

heart for kirk yes but picard definitly with authority .. the way he says "TO BOLDY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE!!" makes me want to say "uhh yes sir.. sorry for asking"

275491[/snapback]

heart for kirk yes but picard definitly with authority .. the way he says "TO BOLDY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE!!" makes me want to say "uhh yes sir.. sorry for asking"

275514[/snapback]

Heh heh, yeah. But this one just sounds... unenthusiastic.

I really don't like it. The music is very boring when compared to the first two. Acher is not excited or have much authority in his voice. Where is Al when you need him? :laugh:

Edited by Odie

it is a STARTREK.COM exclusive - it has nothing to do with the series editors or exec. staff.....it would have been a big news article on the ST.COM homepage if it were a new opening. Besides, where are the cast names and the title?

it is a STARTREK.COM exclusive - it has nothing to do with the series editors or exec. staff.....it would have been a big news article on the ST.COM homepage if it were a new opening.  Besides, where are the cast names and the title?

275548[/snapback]

You're probably right, it just surprised me to see it in Borderland's preview page.

In any case, I don't really prefer it to the opening we have now. What I would like is to have the music for the Season 3 recap trailer (accessed here.) as the new theme.

This amuses me.

Braga and Berman tried so hard to make this sorry excuse for a show the most "Un-Trek" Star Trek show ever.

T'Pol as a laughable concession to a dumbed down demographic, a horrific theme song and they didn't even use "Star Trek" in the name for the early seasons.

So, they added the franchise name, and now use the opening speech but it won't make any difference because those two fools are so abysmal, Trek will continue to weaken under their "leadership". :laugh:

And I have to laugh at "Where No Human Has Gone Before". It just keeps getting more PC.

What next?

"Where No Carbon Based Lifeforms Have Visited Previously"???

When this awful show dies, I won't be shedding any tears.

It's such a shame Trek has fallen this far. :look:

Edited by The King

*bangs head on wall* Ok I see the link now. Somehow I didn't see it before.

Yes that was cheesy and poorly done. I hope they do it over again.

This amuses me.

Braga and Berman tried so hard to make this sorry excuse for a show the most "Un-Trek" Star Trek show ever.

T'Pol as a laughable concession to a dumbed down demographic, a horrific theme song and they didn't even use "Star Trek" in the name for the early seasons.

So, they added the franchise name, and now use the opening speech but it won't make any difference because those two fools are so abysmal, Trek will continue to weaken under their "leadership".  :laugh:

And I have to laugh at "Where No Human Has Gone Before". It just keeps getting more PC.

What next?

"Where No Carbon Based Lifeforms Have Visited Previously"???

When this awful show dies, I won't be shedding any tears.

It's such a shame Trek has fallen this far.  :look:

275600[/snapback]

Now there's no need for that ;)

Enterprise is not a failure. Sure it has failed at some points but isn't a complete failure yet.

We will soon see that Enterprise will not be considered a failure anymore.

Enterprise is a great show. Just because you don't like it means it will fall dead in its tracks, King. :laugh:

Enterprise is not a failure. Sure it has failed at some points but isn't a complete failure yet.

I think it would be a tough task to find any legitimate criteria to call ENT a successful show. Some may love it (for whatever reason) but ratings for the show would suggest that they are some of "the few".

Enterprise is a great show. Just because you don't like it means it will fall dead in its tracks, King. 

Personally I wouldn't call it great by any stretch of the imagination. I don't like it and although I know perfectly well that this doesn't mean it will fall dead, it certainly is killing the franchise. My hope is that this show will die before it damages the franchise to the point of no return. NEM did enough damage to Trek and ENT is simply continuing the slide. I would say the show is already dead. It may be airing new episodes but its viewing figures are hardly admirable. They don't even match up to the other shows, even VOY.

The Star Trek franchise is in a dire state, it will only get worse unless something creative and intelligent is done to stop it. If they keep making useless movies and insist on continuing with this show by keeping it dragging on until it completes seven seasons, then so be it, but I think it's very sad that Trek has come to this.

:laugh::look:

Well if you souly believe that Enteprise is very bad, perhaps you should watch season 4, It would seem that everything was back on track!

I thought season 3 brought the show back on track but season 4 will definetely raise the ratings and get more fans/viewers.

Just becuase you never like Enterprise in the first place doesn't mean you still can't be a fan now. I started off hating Enterprise when seaosn 1 and 2 came out. But when season 3 came out I changed my mind and started liking it. Season 4 has now made me like it more.

Well if you souly believe that Enteprise is very bad, perhaps you should watch season 4, It would seem that everything was back on track!

I will when we get it in the UK.

I thought season 3 brought the show back on track but season 4 will definetely raise the ratings and get more fans/viewers.

Just becuase you never like Enterprise in the first place doesn't mean you still can't be a fan now. I started off hating Enterprise when seaosn 1 and 2 came out. But when season 3 came out I changed my mind and started liking it. Season 4 has now made me like it more.

I sincerely hope so. I have given this show many chances to impress me right from the start. This will be it's last chance. If it doesn't improve in this forthcoming season, I will stop watching it, and stop complaining about it.

I'll wait for Star Trek Series SIX and hope that the franchise is better led by then.

If B & B (god forbid) are still in charge by then and if that series fails too along with this doomed new movie they are talking about, then Trek will be over and done with because I see no way it can recover from that.

:laugh:

Edited by The King

I think it would be a tough task to find any legitimate criteria to call ENT a successful show. Some may love it (for whatever reason) but ratings for the show would suggest that they are some of "the few".

275658[/snapback]

The rating for the original Star Trek were worse then for Enterprise. It got yanked before the third season actually ended, but it still spawned a huge phonemenon.

I mean, if a total failure of a show resulted in a total of 10 movies and 4 additional series, (and you're a fan of at least some of it), then what's wrong with a series which might be slightly under par? It's still better than Charmed. :laugh:

Edited by wishfire

Yeah, the Enterprise opening that we've all gotten used to is much better, although it does remind me of some of those WB shows...

The rating for the original Star Trek were worse then for Enterprise. It got yanked before the third season actually ended, but it still spawned a huge phonemenon.

I mean, if a total failure of a show resulted in a total of 10 movies and 4 additional series, (and you're a fan of at least some of it), then what's wrong with a series which might be slightly under par? It's still better than Charmed. 

True, but Star Trek was new when that show came out and it was trying to find it's feet in the early days with a audience at that time who had never seen anything like it before and a network that were equally confused. ENT is a failure for the franchise at a point when it should be at it's strongest with a long history and tradition of solid writing and strong characters (except for VOY).

The weakness in the franchise started with I think "Generations", then VOY, recovered slightly with FC, then with INS, NEM and ENT it just keeps getting worse. What's wrong with a series being under par? A lot, when you consider that this is Paramount's flagship property. Failure or even being under par are things that should not be acceptable. Yes, I am a fan of parts of the franchise, ENT would not be one of those parts I like.

But you're right, it is still better than Charmed!!!! :naughty::wow: