Sign in to follow this  
CaptQuick

New Enterprise Opening

Second warning: this thread is about your opinions of the footage described in the opening post.

I haven't had a chance to see the footage yet, but based on what I've heard, I doubt I'll like it. I dunno; I just can't imagine Scott delivering those lines in a believable way. I too am pretty sure that this will have nothingto do with the actual opening sequence of the show, but it's still interesting.

I don't like it at all. If they choose to make it the opening of ENT then that will be just another example of the producers trying to placate the shows critics (which it won't) leading to more damage. They should LEAVE IT ALONE and concetrate on better stories to bring the fans back, not give the dissers more ammo. :naughty:

I liked it. Yes, it is not as spine chilling as picard or as classic as kirk. I liked it though for what it was and I like Capt. Archer. I think they will use this as the opening scenes of the show on this one episode but will still play the regular theme. It gives a sense of realigning the show back to exploration mode. It also is the first time Enterprise has this clear permanent mission on continuous exploration. Space travel is not as new and unknown like the first 3 seasons.

I liked the theme song that they used for the first episode, with the instrumental version over the end titles.

Then, they started using that ridiculous end title theme with the cheesy electric guitars which just made me cringe when I heard it.

Then it got worse, when they replaced the opening theme with the "Dance Remix" version.

:flowers:

I thought it was pretty good, but should be used more as a way to bring back more fans (or get new fans). But yeah, the "where no humans have gone before" line was definately cheesy.

On that second audio, it first showed up on the first "star trek: starship creator" pc game if you had no idea. I swear, i first heard it on the game and afterwards it's like all of a sudden it's EVERYWHERE.

And as far as what i think on the intro, i'd like them to go back to the first one since the show no longer is at such a fast pace. The remix intro was really suited for the xindi arc and now that's over with (i hope).