Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Episode Spotlight: The Visitor

I just watched this episode for the first time and I loved it. Hope I am not stepping on VBG here, but I could not resist hearing everyone's thoughts on the episode.

Synopsis:

Click For Spoiler

I thought it was very emotional, and it truly showed the emotional link between a father and son.

VERY emotional. I liked it, although it made me sniff a couple of times. Especially the end - but that's what it's supposed to be/do! It must have been so hard for Sisko to see Jake like that. A father is always a father, and no parent should ever have to see their children die.

Isn't that the one when the actress (Melanie) is Andrew Robinson's daughter? I thought she did a great job.

I loved this episode as well, and no toes stepped on here. In fact as you see I put it on the front page for all to see. I also added the Picture to make it vusual on the front page as well.

The first time I watched this episode something kept clicking in my head. The older Jakes voise sounded so familiar.

This isn't an episode spoiler but I'll put it in a spoiler box anyway in case anyone wants to wait till the episode to see it fully for themselves.

Click For Spoiler

:laugh: I can't get any of the other trek shows. Just Voyager. I only have free air TV. Fox21 is the one still showing Voyager and I miss the others. I loved DS9, TNG, I wish I could afford to buy TOS, but when you have children, well thats where all the extra money goes. So thanks for the spoilers folks. :laugh:

:laugh: I can't get any of the other trek shows. Just Voyager. I only have free air TV. Fox21 is the one still showing Voyager and I miss the others. I loved DS9, TNG, I wish I could afford to buy TOS, but when you have children, well thats where all the extra money goes. So thanks for the spoilers folks. :laugh:

I only have Free Air Television as well. I download the episodes from Kazaa Lite, so that I can watch them. I missed alot of DS9 when it was on so, inspired by VBG, I have been downloading them so that I can get caught up.

This is one of my favorite DS9 episodes. It is just so emotional. It is so touching how Jake rearranges his whole life to try to get his Dad back. I think this is a great Jake episode, which illustrates the strong bond between Jake and his Dad.

My very favorite Star Trek episode, period. Even beats out all my many favorite TOS episodes.

This was exactly the sort of emotional,character performance driven show that I loved with Deep Space nine!

Tony Todd is a brilliant actor,and I loved his scenes as the older Jake Sisko (and,Kurn of course).His raw emotion on the show and his ability to make the audience "feel his pain",had me crying! :huh:

I loved seeing the glimpses into that other future (Nog in command of a starship was also great :wow: ).I could watch this episode again and again and find something new to love about it every time.

This was exactly the sort of emotional,character performance driven show that I loved with Deep Space nine!

Tony Todd is a brilliant actor,and I loved his scenes as the older Jake Sisko (and,Kurn of course).His raw emotion on the show and his ability to make the audience "feel his pain",had me crying! :huh:

I loved seeing the glimpses into that other future (Nog in command of a starship was also great :wow: ).I could watch this episode again and again and find something new to love about it every time.

I agree completely. It was a great episode mainly because of the emotion involved in the episode and the implications of Sisko's death on Jake. It was a great example of the love that a son holds for his father.

Tony Todd is a brilliant actor,and I loved his scenes as the older Jake Sisko (and,Kurn of course).His raw emotion on the show and his ability to make the audience "feel his pain",had me crying! :clap:

I loved seeing the glimpses into that other future (Nog in command of a starship was also great :clap: ).I could watch this episode again and again and find something new to love about it every time.

I agree completely. It was a great episode mainly because of the emotion involved in the episode and the implications of Sisko's death on Jake. It was a great example of the love that a son holds for his father.

This is an Episode that I think gets over looked quite a bit. It was one of the more touching and emotional episodes of the series and possibly of any of the series.

I highly suggest that everyone watch this episode if you haven't seen it before.

Old Jake was played by Tony Todd, from the movies ''Candyman'' and ''Final Destination''.

I love this episode and watch it whenever I know it's going to be broadcast.

I was close to tears watching this one.

:clap::clap::assimilated:

Edited by William Stryker

Old Jake was played by Tony Todd, from the movies ''Candyman'' and ''Final Destination''.

I love this episode and watch it whenever I know it's going to be broadcast.

I was close to tears watching this one.

:clap:  :clap:  :assimilated:

Yeah, he also played Kern in TNG and DS9.