Sign in to follow this  
Sarah

curious about Kes

ok so I heard a long time ago that the reasson that the Kes character was removed was because the actress was a drug atic does anyone know if there is truth to this rumer???

I am not saying that I think its true but you do have to wonder why she was taken off the the show.

i never heard that the actress who played kes was a drug addict. All i know is she wanted to leave the show to pursue other acting jobs.

They wanted to have a Borg character, Seven of Nine. They also wanted her to be a "sex babe". Well, they couldn't afford to have 10 characters, so Kes was given the boot.

Then they went back and covered this up by saying that there was nothing left to do with Kes.

i noticed the other day that she was in american history X the other day and i think that movie was made rught after she left voyager...

From what I understand the actress that portrayed Kes asked to leave the show because she wanted to pursue a movie career.

If the reason she left was to pursue a movie career I say I don’t blame her. To me she represents yet another character that started out with the promise of being one of the most interesting characters ever created for Trek only to be wasted, VOY did a lot of that and not just with starring characters, Aliens, areas of space, themes, wasted, imo. :laugh:

I would have liked it if they kept her

I agree with both you and Alterego. She was wasted, although she had some great episodes - my favourite being the one where she was taken over by an alien...Harry was also wasted, if you ask me :laugh:

From what I understand the actress that portrayed Kes asked to leave the show because she wanted to pursue a movie career.

Nope, she was fired. Jennifer Lein was the only actor playing a main character from all 5 Trek shows to actually be fired. This was becuase VOY couldn't afford 10 characters.

The brought in Seven, realised they couldn't afford her, so they had to fire someone. They were originally gonna kill off Harry, but becuase some magazine somewhere said he was "sexy", they decided to give Kes the boot instead.

My question is: Why couldn't she remain as a recurring character?

I heard somewhere that the actreess that plaayed Jadzia was fired because she wasnted too much money (I read it in the TV guide, to be honest :laugh:)

I heard somewhere that the actreess that plaayed Jadzia was fired because she wasnted too much money (I read it in the TV guide, to be honest :laugh:)

Nope. She wanted out so she could do "Becker", a comedy that is now cancelled. I've also heard she quit becuase she wasn't paid what she wanted to be paid. All I know for sure, is that she left to do a comedy.

I kinda liked that she left, as the change from Jadzia to Ezri rocked! Allthough Jadzia dieing and Worf being a little depressed wasn't good.

ok so I heard a long time ago that the reasson that the Kes character was removed was because the actress was a drug atic does anyone know if there is truth to this rumer???

I am not saying that I think its true but you do have to wonder why she was taken off the the show.

There were many ugly rumors going around about Kes leaving Voyager. Yes, one of them that I heard was about drugs. Another included that she wouldn't have sex with one of the directors or writers. Then there was the one about Kes not being a character that was very popular. All of these were on a Jennifer L. web site at one time. And I didn't know exactly what to believe. The only thing I knew was that regardless of the real truth, I felt it unfortunate that the decision was made to let her go.