Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holland

I wish there were a Star Trek TV Channel.

If I had ten wishes, one might be that there was a channel that played only Star Trek. No commercials, or interuptions of any kind and it was all in High Definition.

What do you think, sound cool? :laugh:

Yeah I totally understand. I've been wishing for a Star Trek channel for a long time. They certainly have plenty of material for it..But in the end I decided it wasn't going to happen. So I bought a DVD player and started buying the DVDs so I can watch Trek whenever I want. I know it's expensive and not everybody can do that..But that was my solution for being dependant on cable TV playing Trek..

OH YEA :laugh:  :flex: Start a Petition, we'll send it to someone. :laugh:

274286[/snapback]

Who would you send it to ?

Actually, there is a Star Trek TV Channel, sorta. It's called Space Channel and they've made a "no more trek" commercial which introduces viewers to the knowledge of Enterprise joining the Star Trek line-up; the website is http://www.spacecast.com/ and apparently they don't just show Star Trek (probably a good idea, EVERYONE needs some variety).

I don't think it's a good idea.

After a while it would get tiresome repeating over and over again. :laugh:

274312[/snapback]

It works for M*A*S*H. My 5-year old thought Radar O'Reilly was his brother until he was about three years old. :laugh: FX use to show MASH four to 6 hours a day and that went on for years.

Just think how much more Star Trek material there would be ... movies, 5 separate television series (7 years each), those nutty Trekkie movies, special features and interviews off of the DVDs, outtakes, and I would even accept movies that Star Trek actors starred in post-Star Trek (probably should stick only with sci-fi movies, though. The channel might lose some of its mystique if you started showing Terry Farrell's Lifetime movies or Renee Auborjoinois in Benson. :flex: )

Edited by gul_nodrog

Just think how much more Star Trek material there would be ... movies, 5 separate television series (7 years each), those nutty Trekkie movies, special features and interviews off of the DVDs, outtakes,

Even all that wouldn't be enough to justify a channel devoted to Trek. It sounds a lot, but it really isn't. All the episodes and movies could be shown in about a year if the channel had limited air time and less than four months if it was 24/7.

Paramount already made one mistake by creating UPN and making the foolish decision of having Star Trek: VOYAGER as its flagship show.

Star Trek has suffered from overexposure and a Star Trek Channel would be overkill IMO. Paramount has overlicensed Trek and it has diluted the quality of the show which has already suffered from the poor ratings of ENT and the box office disaster that was NEM.

Overall, the franchise is incredibly weak at the moment and it's been struggling for a while now. Paramount need to think very carefully about the future of the franchise before proceeding further with any Trek projects after the awful ENT.

:laugh:

its not possible to play Trek all day everyday without ads....it would be too costly - im trying to get a free to air sci-fi channel over here in Australia, broadcast across the continent like the States. cause here in aus our tv stations broadcast a program at 10:00pm in the east and then 10:00pm in the west..

That would be awesome....Then we could see all of the series, whenever we wanted to..........Would be neat to start a petition, and send it to Paramount.

Paramount already made one mistake by creating UPN and making the foolish decision of having Star Trek: VOYAGER as its flagship show.

274362[/snapback]

I disagree, I think Voyager is one of the best Trek series. UPN doesn't even show it here anymore, which really makes me mad. It was on at midnight, and I used to record it and watch it later.

:laugh:

Edited by Captain Holland

Although I think it would be better with commercials. Sometimes you need a break or have to go to the washroom.

Spike TV is the closest you can get. They play Trek practically all day long.

274275[/snapback]

Spike is horrible now. They have two episodes of DS9 starting at 11:00 a.m. (eastern) followed by two episodes of TNG during the week. No more evening Trek!!! I don't understand Spike at all. Is it really necessary to show three episodes of CSI EVERY week night!!!

I was disappointed when Space Channel lost DS9 but they still have Enterprise, TOS, TNG and Voy for now. Space Channel - another reason I'm glad I live in Canada. :laugh:

I have talked about this with TSonofvulcan... we both wish for it. Being in school, there is no way I can watch DS9 now (well, once I figure out my DVR player...), so I think it would be awesome!

Spike is horrible now. They have two episodes of DS9 starting at 11:00 a.m. (eastern) followed by two episodes of TNG during the week. No more evening Trek!!! I don't understand Spike at all. Is it really necessary to show three episodes of CSI EVERY week night!!!

274621[/snapback]

I know, DS9 first started at 6:00 and 7:00 here, then TNG replaced it a 7:00, but they still showed it at 6:00. But then it went to TNG at 6:00 and 7:00, and no DS9. Now TNG and DS9 are on when I'm not home! I would like to have a "talk" with whoever is in charge of their schedule.

:giljotiini: <Schedule Guy