Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

2 1/2 Men

I was wondering if anyone else saw Jeri Ryan last night in the hit series 2 1/2 men? While it was great to see Jeri on TV again' I personally did not like the role she played..........a woman who only wanted to have sex with the leading character. Jeri, is a very attractve and talented actress. And personally I'd prefer to see her in roles more fitting to her acting ability.

I agree. It was just a ploy to get ratings. What is with the obsession with sex? I know sex sells, but on primetime tv?

I agree. It was just a ploy to get ratings. What is with the obsession with sex? I know sex sells, but on primetime tv?

275322[/snapback]

When else are they going to sell it? during Saturday morning cartoons? :flowers:

I haven't seen the episode but I think Jeri Ryan has been one of the most successful actors since they left their Star Trek show. There haven't been many others whom have done well - Jeri Ryan, Patrick Stewart, Armin Shimmerman, William Shatner, there's probably others, maybe I'll post a topic about this.

I think it is very ironic that Jeri Ryan would take such a role since her ex-husband had to withdraw from his campaign for the Illinois senate last year because of a sex scandal. The scandal - to sumarize it briefly - involved her being upset when her husband took her to some sex clubs, where she refused to participate. The point was that she was not a sexual object. For her to then be in a role where she is highly sexual just seems wrong.

I think it is very ironic that Jeri Ryan would take such a role since her ex-husband had to withdraw from his campaign for the Illinois senate last year because of a sex scandal.  The scandal - to sumarize it briefly - involved her being upset when her husband took her to some sex clubs, where she refused to participate.  The point was that she was not a sexual object.  For her to then be in a role where she is highly sexual just seems wrong.

312494[/snapback]

Hmm, my respect for her has increased even more after reading this.

As a side note, I think is the first post I have made in the Voyager Forum!! :P

WELCOME!!! to the Captain of the Acclaim!!! uhm, hear-hear 'bout Jeri Ryan and her success - as an aside, did anyone know that our good Captain Janeway was nominated for a Toni for her portrayal, in a one woman show, of Katherine Hepburn???

of course you did...

uhm, back to the point (topic), uhm, i think it is a SCREAM that ms. ryan walked about in that camel-lipped excuse for a second skin, and then balked at a sex-club - the irony kills me...

then again, i would balk at a sex-club, which might surprise some (ahem) - i guess you can't judge a book by it's cover - or it's avatar... :blush:

Funny, b/c posts I read elsewhere seemed to think it was encouraging she got the part as she's in her late thirties & those roles often go to very young women.

I missed it but doubt it would've bothered me.