Sign in to follow this  
unitmonster

the Hansens and the timeline?

OK--so the first time that starfleet and the borg were officially introduced was when "Q" sent the enterprise D over to see them. Now we know that Archer also dealt with some borg but that doesn't really count because he didn't know who they were and they weren't able to tell the collective about it.

So then Captain Janeway "rescues" 7 of 9 from the collective. I don't know how many years exactly this was from when Picard first met the borg through "Q". Ten years maybe. Does anyone know? But then we learn the when Seven was a little "Anaka" (sp?), her parents had left to investigate the borg, and that was like 20 years ealier because I remember Seven saying she spent about that long being raised by the borg. So it just has never exactly made sense to me.

I know that in that episode where we see Seven's parents getting assimilated, they say something about "chasing sensor ghosts" or something like that when referring to there belief in the borg. But also I remember little Anaka was playing with a model borg cube, so they must have seen one at some point.

Can anyone staighten this out for me. I love the borg and its always bothered me a little that this all didn't seem to fit together.

Starfleet first met the Borg in 2365, thanks to Q.

(TNG season 2)

Voyager liberrated Seven from the Borg in early 2374.

(VOY season 4)

Now, Seven said that she had been Borg for 18 years.

That takes us back to 2356. Back then, the Hansens had simply heard about the Borg based on rumors, hear say, and so forth. By the time they found a cube, they were too far away to tell Starfleet. They road it's transwarp tail back to the Delta Quadrant where they were detected and assimilated.

:( Had me puzzled at first ,but thanks Jean-Luc. :innocent: Tell me something J-L how do you know so much????????? :)

I've seen the episodes but it has been a while. The timeline is a bit confusing. But,a lot of the episodes are that way. Look at "Faces" this episode should be example ENOUGH.