Sign in to follow this  
thayln

Lunar Eclipse

We looked at it through the binoculars, and I was amazed at how spherical it looked. I guess the brightness on most nights kind of flattens the image. It was really beautiful.

If you didn't get to see it, here's a picture of one from 2001.

lunarecl_tezel.jpg

-----------------------

"Sister Moon, be my guide. In your blue, blue shadows, I would hide." Sting

We also missed it and no it will not happen again tonight, the moon has moved hundreds (thousands?) of miles away from the Earths shadow by now. It may not hurt to take a look and see anyway, full (or near full) Moon rises are often spectacular and if the moon is still near the shadow it might still be a show.

I was studying for an exam and totally forgot about the Luner Elcipse. I did see it at the end though and will remember when November comes around. Does anyone know when the next solar eclipse is?

May 30-31 Annualar Eclipse of the Sun - viewable in northern Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

November 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun - viewable in Antarctica. "The associated partial phases will be visible from most of Australia and New Zeland's South Island, as well as from the extreme southern tips of Chili and Argentina." 2003 Farmer's Almanac

didnt know about it. thats a great picture. maybe you'd be so kind to put up a reminder close to the next one. thanks in advance.

May 30-31 Annualar Eclipse of the Sun - viewable in northern Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

November 23 Total Eclipse of the Sun - viewable in Antarctica.  "The associated partial phases will be visible from most of Australia and New Zeland's South Island, as well as from the extreme southern tips of Chili and Argentina."  2003 Farmer's Almanac

That doesn't help. Is there anything in there for viewable in the western US.

I tried to go out and see it, but when I went out . . . It was cloudy!!! :innocent: I really wanted to see it. Even had my telescope ready to watch it!

I caught part of it. I wish I was able to see more of it. It is just that usually during the weekdays (and Saturdays) I don’t have much time for extras. But I made sure that I would at least see or watch it for a bit.

Actually Xeroc in this specific case it would have been better to have regular bouncerliers. Using those would give you (because of the optics) a much better view of the colors. So don’t use a telescope in the future because you won’t get the full effect.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I'm going to have to wait till the 8th too...I had gone to bed at 5:30 the night beforethe eclipse, and woken up at 6:30, so I was going to stay up and watch, but I fell asleep at 9 and no one woke me up...:laugh:

I missed it.. :laugh:

OK, now I know at least 2 people whom I know well here, that missed it. I feel a little better now. Here I was, feeling like I was the only one who missed it! :laugh:

yeah I missed it to, so tht makes at least three of us...

I was going to go out and watch it, but it was all cloudy here. Couldn't see a thing. *sigh* I'll just wait 'til November.

NO! I (as well as my whole family, and my brother-in-law) thought it was going to be on May 22! And I was not feeling very well, and fell asleep around 9:30 -10:00 on Thursday. So unfortunately I missed this one(darn and I had a record going, all eclipses visible in my area, solar and lunar-I would catch. Darn!)

My sister caught it briefly, when she was coming home from our house. And my mom caught it when she went outside...since she knew the moon was full that night, and that it suddenly was getting very dark outside. And all I could ask her was..."WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME?!?!!?!?!?!?" Ahh, I guess I will catch the November 8 one then.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME?!?!!?!?!?!?" Ahh, I guess I will catch the November 8 one then.

Parents! Ah well, me too :laugh: