Should Faith of the Heart be replaced?

Does Enterprise need a new theme?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does Enterprise need a new theme?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only on Tuesdays

No.

It kinda threw me at first, because I was so used to the orchestral themes we'd been given before, but now I couldn't think of a better opening for the show.

I vote No. So what if every other Trek has had instrumental themes. Change is not necessarily a bad thing.

It's a great song, it fits the theme of the show, and I say KEEP IT!!!!!

I voted no. I must admit at first i didn't like it, i would have preferred to stick with the instrumental theme, but it's grown on me.

I voted: No

I hated it till I heard the full version of the song in the end credits of "Patch Adams", then I loved it! The song totally describes the feel of the show. I'll be very miffed if they change it.

If they need change, why can't they just do a remix?

No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Sorry, got carried away there! It's just that it's something that i feel very passionate about. ENT is not like the other Star Treks and does not have to have a theme in the same vain as them. Keep it the way it is, i say!!

NO, A MILLION TIMES, NO, LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS.

i love the theme and im going to go ballistic on someone if they mess with my opening credits. you dont get any more appropiate an opening sequence for a show than this one, and that INCLUDES THE MUSIC. FOR THE LAST TIME LEAVE IT THE WAY IT IS. PPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEE

No no no! The song is perfect the way it is!

I agree the song is fine change anything and you change everything

NO

I LOVE THE THEME THE WAY IT IS. IT IS A GREAT INTRO INTO THE THEME OF ENTERPRISE, AND IT CHEERS ME UP EVERTIME THAT I HEAR IT.

I voted no. I like the song just the way it is. I love the instrumental music for the other series but I think Enterprise's is different and unique. It makes you think that it's Star Trek but not quite the ST that you know.

They just said they were going to change the intro - I don't know if they mean the music or the visual. For all we know they're going to a totally different kind of theme - not necessarily orchestral. That's why we have the mute button if we don't like it.

I'll admit that the song has grown on me, but I still would like them to change it. It's not that it's a bad song, it's just that I know a lot of people don't seem to take the show seriously just because they think the song is stupid. I personally think that Archer should give a speach during the opening like in TOS and TNG. I mean this is the first show since TNG to be aboard the Enterprise and also more then any other show they truely are seeking out new life and new civilazations.

Didn't like the theme song when the show first started- too far off centre from previous incarnations of Star Trek. Over time the theme has now grown on me and when I listen to the words I can accept that it is suitable to Enterprise.

Just an interesting point- the theme song was sung at the Rugby League Annual Awards Dinner broadcast on oz television last year.

They just said they were going to change the intro - I don't know if they mean the music or the visual.  For all we know they're going to a totally different kind of theme - not necessarily orchestral.  That's why we have the mute button if we don't like it.

One of the reasons i still don't think it should be replaced is that that apart from the fact that it is an amazing song that is perfect and wonderful and brilliantly appropriate, it has already been established for 2 seasons and is like a calling card for the show. People hear the music and think 'Enterprise', but if they completely change it the show will lose a part of its identity. If it had been changed between the pilot and the next episode it wouldn't have mattered as it hadn't been around long enough to make its mark on us, but they have left it too long now. It HAS made its mark now and we love the theme (well most of us) and have grown attached to it and its originality. A remix might be acceptable, but a complete over-haul is not.

Absolutely not! Its great as is. The theme speaks to the heart and soul of the new series!

Guest Ktrek

If they change the intro it will porbably be only of the visuals and not the music. After all they have to insert the NX-02 in there now!! LOL :laugh:

Ktrek

They just said they were going to change the intro - I don't know if they mean the music or the visual.  For all we know they're going to a totally different kind of theme - not necessarily orchestral.  That's why we have the mute button if we don't like it.

One of the reasons i still don't think it should be replaced is that that apart from the fact that it is an amazing song that is perfect and wonderful and brilliantly appropriate, it has already been established for 2 seasons and is like a calling card for the show. People hear the music and think 'Enterprise', but if they completely change it the show will lose a part of its identity. If it had been changed between the pilot and the next episode it wouldn't have mattered as it hadn't been around long enough to make its mark on us, but they have left it too long now. It HAS made its mark now and we love the theme (well most of us) and have grown attached to it and its originality. A remix might be acceptable, but a complete over-haul is not.

i totally agree, i was in a store one time and heard the song. that was the first time i heard the whole thing, and of course the first thing that popped into my head was ENTERPRISE. why would they want to change that now.