Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

[S] Bounty PRE/POST THREAD

051r88.jpg

Here is the synopsis from Startrek.com

Click for Spoiler:

When Roxann Dawson began her Enterprise directing career last season, she oversaw the revival of a race first introduced in the Original Series episode "Journey to Babel" — the Andorians. Now she's done it again, this time with a species mentioned several times in the show but not seen until now, the gruff and argumentative Tellarites.

"Bounty" picks up on the events of "Judgment" (airing April 9) whereby Captain Archer is considered a fugitive from the Klingon justice system. He is abducted by a Tellarite bounty hunter who intends to hand him over to the Klingons for a substantial reward. Meanwhile in a "B" storyline, T'Pol has returned from an away mission infected with an alien pathogen that is unleashing her ... shall we say ... "primal" Vulcan urges.

Makeup supervisor Michael Westmore has publicly stated that he's been wanting a chance to revisit the Tellarites and bring that makeup scheme up to contemporary standards, and he finally got it. Expect to see the same basic snout-nosed look, but with a great deal of refinement.

The actor with the honor of being the first to sport the new improved Tellarite visage is Jordan Lund, as the bounty hunter "Skalaar." Lund has previously been seen as the Bajoran "Woban" in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's "The Storyteller." Also, in Star Trek: The Next Generation's "Redemption, Part II," he played the Klingon "Kulge," who was killed by Gowron. And in a bit of parallelism, "Gowron" himself, Robert O'Reilly, makes a cameo appearance as another bounty hunter (of an unspecified alien race) named "Kago-Darr" who gives Skalaar trouble. The Klingon makeup this time is reserved for Trek newcomer Michael Garvey, as "Captain Goroth." And a second Tellarite, Skalaar's brother "Gaavrin," is played by Ed O'Ross.

Production started last Wednesday, the 19th, with the principal cast for the Bridge scenes. On Day 2, Dawson's Voyager mate Robert Duncan McNeill returned to the lot to do pickup shots for "The Breach." Then Dawson got the crew back to shoot scenes in a Klingon Ship with Scott Bakula, Garvey and several other Klingon extras and stuntmen. O'Reilly also shot his scenes that day in a swing set depicting Kago-Darr's Ship. Early Friday morning, Lund reported to Makeup for three-and-a-half hours for a day's worth of scenes capturing Archer and then holding him prisoner on the Tellarite Shuttle. Monday and Tuesday were dedicated to the Decon Chamber sequences between T'Pol and Phlox. The remaining Tellarite scenes filled out the last two days of the schedule, concluding yesterday.

Of course, the exterior of the Tellarite Shuttle is being created in post-production, along with Kago-Darr's ship, the Klingon Transport and an alien space station. Principal photography started today on the season finale (more info on that in a couple of weeks).

"Bounty" is Dawson's third Enterprise episode this season, and her fifth overall. The script was written by Hans Tobeason with Mike Sussman & Phyllis Strong. Tobeason is a Trek newcomer, having previously written for and/or produced such shows as SeaQuest DSV, Now and Again and Birds of Prey. The story concept originated from Rick Berman & Brannon Braga.

From the Trek Today website

Click for Spoiler:

After contracting a virus on an away mission, T'Pol begins to prematurely experience severe symptoms of Pon Farr, the Vulcan mating cycle in which she has to mate or else die. She begins to make advances on Phlox as well as Reed in her burning desire to mate, forcing the crew to find a solution. Meanwhile, Archer is kidnapped by a bounty hunter who has been hired by the Klingons to bring him back to their planet where a bounty has been put on his head for escaping from their prison (from the "Judgment" episode).

.."Can't wait to see that scene with Reed".. :o

Click for Spoiler:

I know it's really cliche of me, but I can't help being dissapointed that Archer isn't going to be there. I know, I know, the Captain has to be celibate. But damn, Scott can kiss like nobody's business and I just hate to see him go to waste!

<sniff>

is this the second episode next wednesday? sounds pretty good. cant wait to see it. hey i see you metioned birds of prey in your post, you wouldnt happen to know what happened to it do you? it was a good show, now "poof" its gone, i liked it and want to see it back. oh well long live enterprise. if they take that off the air prematurely im gonna just die. :laugh:

is this the second episode next wednesday? sounds pretty good. cant wait to see it. hey i see you metioned birds of prey in your post, you wouldnt happen to know what happened to it do you? it was a good show, now "poof" its gone, i liked it and want to see it back. oh well long live enterprise. if they take that off the air prematurely im gonna just die.  :laugh:

Sorry can't help you. I cut and paste the synopsis from startrek.com.

is this the second episode next wednesday? sounds pretty good. cant wait to see it. hey i see you metioned birds of prey in your post, you wouldnt happen to know what happened to it do you? it was a good show, now "poof" its gone, i liked it and want to see it back. oh well long live enterprise. if they take that off the air prematurely im gonna just die.  :laugh:

Birds of Prey was designed to be a "filler series" between seasons. It acually lasted longer than was meant to, but alas all good things must come to an end.

I think that this is going to be a great episode.

Click for Spoiler:

I am anticipating the T'Pol scenes as every Trek so far that had a Vulcan on the ship has had at least one pun far episode.

Sure going to be fun to watch T'Pol with feelings that are out of control :laugh:

I remember a Voyager ep. with Tuvok out of control, he just became very violent and it wasn't very fun.. I would like to see a lot of different emotions from T'Pol..

Birds of Prey was designed to be a "filler series" between seasons.  It acually lasted longer than was meant to, but alas all good things must come to an end.

filler series, that sucks. oh well maybe if it wasliked enough, it'll come back.

just watched it. better than first flight. still not the best episode. enterprise was on such a role of good episodes. these ones were only average.

Click for Spoiler:

the oiling up of t'pol seemed a bit over dramatised dont you think? lol. the little outfit was alright though. lol. :devil: anyways, the only part that really keep me intrigued (besides t'pol. hehehe. :devil: )(whoops. 2 devils in 1 post. ill calm down. lol.) was the escape from the klingon ship. but wasnt that a HUGE risk for archer to take. what if he was unable to escape? oh well. i give it a 7/10

bounty was a good episode, i enjoyed t'pols outfit as well, :devil: but i disagree i think first flight was excellent, but ill save that for the first flight post :look:

Birds of Prey was designed to be a "filler series" between seasons.  It acually lasted longer than was meant to, but alas all good things must come to an end.

Nope, the show was on durring the season, not the summer. It was ment to be a long running season, only no one caught on. I thought it was a dumb idea. Either it's Batman, or it's not! :look:

Nope, the show was on durring the season, not the summer. It was ment to be a long running season, only no one caught on. I thought it was a dumb idea. Either it's Batman, or it's not! :look:

i have to disagree with that one, birds of prey was excellent, and boy oh boy, hot hot hot. just want more. it had a good premise on the whole batman thing. well enough off topic sorry.

My opinion on Bounty.

Click for Spoiler:

I think Bounty was a fine episode but I like Firstflight more. I

did like T'pol's outfit :devil: but I'm becoming tired of the oversexualizing of her character. Having her run all over the ship in her underwear doesn't help. The highlight of the show was the first appearance of the Tellarites one of the founding member species of the Federation. I rather liked that character. I'm pleased to see that they are returning the Klingons to their pre STNG roots. The only problem is that in Judgement there was mentioned a general breakdown of Klingon morality. As I remember there was talk of this during DS9's run also. How often does Klingon morality breakdown?

Click for Spoiler:

well how often does our morality breakdown. well maybe it justs keeps getting worse, i dont know. but a few hundred years between for the klingons aint bad. plus you gotta figure theyre a war loving people, so if things pick up its probably not long till someone gets bored and starts trouble.

Heres the dig on Bounty.

Click for Spoiler:

From the previews of this episode, I could already tell that I would not like the majority of it. This is a "filler" episode no doubt. Even though it ties in with "Judgement" (Which was a great episode!), I did not find this one to be thrilling at all. The only good part was at the very end on the Klingon ship! The introduction of the Tellarites was one of the only positive aspects of the episode. The whole T'Pol bit was humorous...but obviously had no plot. Not that I dislike seeing Jolene in hardly any clothing... :look:

Overall....it barely scores a 6/10.

Click for Spoiler:

Other than that, I thought it was a great episode. I loved the whole Tellarite story arc. I thought it was the best part of the episode. Thought the main Tellarite actor did a brilliant job of making his character real. I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that Archer was here called to task for his action of escaping the Rurapente. We're finally starting to see story threads come together in a very satisfactory way. I can't wait for the season finale and, more importantly, the third season.

As for the self-professed b-story of the ep. Well it was a b-story. Exploitative. Quite funny at times (when it was revelling in uncomfortable moments.). It was kind of a twist on the old horror formula. Instead of being stuck with a killer in an enclosed space, Phlox is stuck with a sexually voracious Vulcan (HEY! Alliteration, I'm so inadvertently clever.).

I thought it was a nice touch that T'pol tried especially to seduce Malcolm.

I thought it was kind of mean of the doctor to lie to T'pol at the end. From what I gathered, he gave her the serum, not the ... physical treatment. I guess it's just his little joke. Anybody get the other idea?

This last bit doesn't really have anything to do with anything. But when I saw the smiley, I had to.

Behold the expression on male viewers during the episode. :look:

I give the ep a 8/10 for being very entertaining (and for being leagues above "A Night In Sickbay."

I liked this episode.

Click for Spoiler:

One thing that I noticed was in the beginning, the conversation with Tripp and Archer, it proves that even after the Cogenitor situation it has not damaged their friendship.

I liked this episode.

Click for Spoiler:

One thing that I noticed was in the beginning, the conversation with Tripp and Archer, it proves that even after the Cogenitor situation it has not damaged their friendship.

I was glad to see that.

Click for Spoiler:

I also like seeing Trip on the bridge so I enjoyed this episode. So how much does the rest of the crew know about what went on with T'Pol. Malcolm and Trip obviously knew something was wrong. Also, she made it clear - that she's aware of Malcolm looking at her, which we already knew he did. I wonder if that will come up again. Overall I think B'lana's Ponn Farr was better - this seemed a little contrived.

I liked it.

Click for Spoiler:

See, Archer does have to face problems because of his interference, not that I think he did the wrong thing by helping the refugees. But, this is going to haunt both him and humanity for a long time. It's what, 200 years before the alliance happens isn't it?

Trip and Malcolm to the rescue was really cool.

I really felt for T'Pol. It didn't seem so much sexy to me, as miserable. "To have your reason ripped away from you..." as Spock said. I think Jolene did a great job with very difficult material.

I really get the sense with the last part of this season that all the actors are finally starting to feel comfortable in their character's skins, so to speak. I have great expectations for next season. Bring on the Xindi!

Click for Spoiler:

I enjoyed this episode a great deal for the following reasons

1) The T'Pol story line was hilarious. I'm really starting to like Phlox for his sense of humor.

2) Robert O'Reiley... it was a limited role, but he always owns in my opinion

3) I liked how Archer convinced the Tellarite to help him, even though it's kind of been done before, it was nevertheless believable and well executed

4) the Klingon escape scene was entertaining; anyone see the Archer roll followed by the shooting of his pistol while on the ground... well done. Likewise the short battle scene was well done (I always like those)

5) Good ending that leaves rooms for a continuation of the bounty/Klingon story-line and future Tellarite interaction

9/10

Click for Spoiler:

~Crims~ Posted on May 15 2003, 03:02 AM

4) the Klingon escape scene was entertaining; anyone see the Archer roll followed by the shooting of his pistol while on the ground...

I noticed ... I thought that was cool

I really enjoyed Bounty.

Click for Spoiler:

I wonder how trusting the crew will be when someone offers to show them around next time.

It was interesting see T'Pol lose control. As for her running around the ship in her underwear, in her condition, getting dressed after leaving the decontamination chamber would have been the last thing on her mind.

Click for Spoiler:

Another thing I thought was interesting was that T'Pol said this was her first Pon Farr. Females must apparently go through the process much more seldom than Males.

Click for Spoiler:

Another thing I thought was interesting was that T'Pol said this was her first Pon Farr. Females must apparently go through the process much more seldom than Males.

Actually...

Click for Spoiler:

She didn't say this was her first time. Phlox asked her if she'd been in this condition before, she explained that it was premature. I don't recall her ever saying it was her first Pon Farr.

Actually...

Click for Spoiler:

She didn't say this was her first time.  Phlox asked her if she'd been in this condition before, she explained that it was premature.  I don't recall her ever saying it was her first Pon Farr.

Actually,

Click for Spoiler:

I'm sure she did say this was the first time she was going through Pon Farr to Phlox.

Does anyone know how old a Vulcan is when they go through their first Pon Farr? This might help solve the "how old is T'Pol" question.

Last nights double bill of Enterprise left me yawning after the first, but I thought the second episode, "Bounty" was great...

Does anyone know how old a Vulcan is when they go through their first Pon Farr?  This might help solve the "how old is T'Pol" question.

i thought for the males it was every 7th year. i dont know about the females.

Here's my nitpicker question.

Click for Spoiler:

How could Reed check for T'Pol's pulse with those enviro gloves on?

edited to add spoiler button

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I'm afraid I have another nit to pick as well:

Click for Spoiler:

I thought Klingon ships didn't have escape pods. Is it just certain classes of ships that don't have them?