Sign in to follow this  
justatrekluvr

Star Trek Contradictions

Are there any contradictions in Star Trek?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are there any contradictions in Star Trek?

• Yes
    • No
    • Some

Well of course. There will always be something. In any show you see them and with ST which has tons of hours of shows, then they are bound to happen.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

For years I have been calling it the "Inconsistacies of Star Trek" :) where that one eposide totaly changes what the last ep did or that one character speaks nonsense and it somewhat makes sense and then makes you wonder later..But yea due to the large amount of programming there is bound to be little discrepancies ( Hope my Sp is right there) litterd around all the different shows. I am going to find some proof of this and get back to you all so that I'm not just blowing steam..besides all this ST still rules.

Life is full of contradictions... Star Trek is no different, but I wouldn't say that it has too many.

Of course there are contradictions. There would have to be with so many different story lines and characters involved. If everything fell into place nice and tidy like, we, as fans, would get bored just sitting there and watching each episode as though it were a live broadcast continued from the previous episode. Plus, it gives us something to talk/laugh about afterwards.

There is a whole set of books on the topic called the nitpickers guide so far there are two for next gen on for tos and one for the first few seasons of ds9 I do not know if there are anymore than that I do own all of the ones I listed some of the things in them are just really getting nitpicking but some are thing that make you go wow I have to go back to watch that show I also have the audio novels and they are read by star trek actors.

Oh yeah there are many contradictions in ST. Even within TOS it happened but they do not affect my love of Trek. Sure, it can be disappointing when they rear their ugly head and mar the vision of perfect Trek but it's NOT new.

I vote yes...

Because, if with all the tv series they did, and all the book they got...

Yikes! lol

For the books, it's almost too funny... the way they portrayed Cochrane in Federation (crossover) and it FC is so different.. almost too funny

Yes, but you have to take into account that some things are made up as they go. I think they kept things together fairly well over the years though.

Yes, but I think that most inconsistencies can be explained or at least have a possible explanation. And as VBG says, for a show that has been going for as long as Trek, it's remarkable that they have kept things together so well, especially since they made much of the stuff up as they went along. Thank goodness Star Trek has such diligent writers!

:laugh:

I voted yes. I agree with all the seasons and movies they have done a passable job in keeping things on track but their has been glaring inconsitencies lately (Hint).

Edited by Admiral Kirk