Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Storm Front"?

What rating would you give "Storm Front" out of 10?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Storm Front" out of 10?

Good evening fellow Enterprise watchers! For those of you who are new to Startrekfans since the end of the explosive and well recieved third season of Enterprise, I am Captain Bolivar (my name in real life!) and like last year I will be setting up polls for each episode of Enterprise so that, after the show, you can tells us what you thought of it on a scale of 1 to 10 and post your thoughts of the show. You ARE the critic. It's fun, trust me! So now that you know what the deal is, all you have to do is watch the show, then get busy at writting your review for us right here!

For those who are familiar with my polls. I hope you're glad to see me return for them. I know I am! I'm betting you thought I'd skip out due to my complete lack of posting these days. Well, I wouldn't be a good captain if I didn't tend to my responsibilities now would I?

MY RATING:

Click For Spoiler
7/10

MY REVIEW:

Click For Spoiler

It was a good episode. But it was not groudbreaking. It didn't really tell us much more about the TCW. We found out that the alien is trying to change the timeline for his purposes. Wow, that's what we knew the first time we saw him.

Now that I've dispensed with that piece of critisim, I want to point out that this episode, like VBG says below, should have been shown ALL at once. Because the first part was mostly introductory to the situation. It's the second part where we get to the good stuff: answers. For this reason, I'm dissipointed with the first half. In a sense, these episodes should be rated as a single episode, but I'm not about to take that route because one never knows how long an arc might run.

So tonight, I think I'll throw the episode a 7. I enjoyed it, but wont be able to appreciate it until I see the next half. Or so I believe. Chances are I'll rate the second half much higher.

The episode had a few high points worth mentioning.

1. I am glad to see the return of Silik. Now I know the first 2 years of Enterprise were not a waste of story!

2. The thing with Daniels was very cool, but even for me, his talk of the time travel conduits and turbulence was somewhat confusing. Although I did understand it. I hope they're not confusing the audience out there with that stuff. But it was intriguing to say the least.

3. It made me wanna see the next episode. Always the most important aspect of a cliff hanger.

Now, here's an interesting concern for a character I have. I think Maywhether is about to die. They never use him, and suddenly he's about to be interrogated by a Nazi!. They could have just used Trip, and you'd know he'd be alright. But having both there seems redundant, which makes me worry a little for the least popular character of the show. But then again, if the mission is successful, perhaps the "reset button" will take care of that.

Edited by Captain Bolivar

Great episode. I gave it a 9. Would have been a 10 if it had been a 2 hour season premier rather then a 2 parter. We've waited all this time and now have to wait yet another week for resolution.

My initial reaction is to give it a 6, but that may change once I think on it more and/or rewatch it. It was ok, but it didn't hold my attention very well. Since that could be my own fault, I'll refrain from voting for the time being.

I found it very poor for some reason I wished it was longer.

Click For Spoiler
daniel could have told us what loser species these things are. and the poor german shepereds they got blown up.

I have NO problem with it being a 2 parter. It's all within the Arc anyway. I found this episode for myself to be very scary and realistic. Being on Earth and in a time period we are all familiar with. It's just another mystery that is unfolding I don't know how much I am allowed to say in this thread about the story so I may just start another thread with Spoilers, alot of Spoilers. I gave tonight's episode a 10, I really enjoyed it. I laughed at the most inappropriate things.

I loved tonight's episode! (Of course, that may be just because I am Trek starved since almost all Trek besides ENT comes on during school). LOL It held my attention throughout the whole episode, and it makes me need the next part! I gave it a 10.

I give it a nine. I think it did a good job of creating a story around what was just a single image at the end of the last season. I felt it was a little slow and raised more questions than it answered but it set up a very interesting second part. An interesting start to what should be an amazing season.

I give it a "B." Is that an 8? I like letter grades better. Manny did a pretty decent job considering that he had to craft his way out of the wacky cliffhanger Rick and Brannon handed to him? You all do realize that......

Click For Spoiler
Trip on the surface is probably Silik morphed into Trip. Why would Silik let him go and take the time to pull him out of the launch bay? I could be wrong. I'm just guessing. Daniels looked gross.

Should have saved the premiere for next week and showed the whole thing. I just didn't like where they broke off.

Click For Spoiler
Daniels looked like crap. I didn't even recognize the man. If I didn't have sound I would have missed it. :biggrin:

OH yes, MoulinRouge, I agree :laugh:

I loved this episode..I gave it a 9..A great way to start off the season..The only thing I didn't like is that it's continued to next week..I waited all this time and things won't be resolved till next week..At least Star Trek Enterprise is back.. :biggrin:

I gave it an 8.5. I thought that it was an excellent episode, but I was disappointed when it cut off into "To Be Continued..." I would very much have liked to see more, even if it still turned out to become a 2-parter.

Click For Spoiler
Due to my fandom for "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow", before, during, and after the film, I love these alternative history ideas...

I had to give this episode either a 10 or a 9.something.

I definitely understood what Daniels was saying, and it was a nice bit on time-travel warfare... Wiping others from existence. And to me, unexistence is quite an interesting and *frightening* concept, though if one should experience this, he/she/it never did... That individual never existed, ergo not worth me mentioning people who never existed.......

Something to take note of: To my recollection, Daniels mentioned that the 22nd century and the 31st century is not how they remember it...

What will this mean for the future of ENT? Or is this only a temporary temporal change??

Bloody interesting I think.

I enjoy this alternative version of World War II, and this is simply the 4th episode of Trek featuring Nazis, so I don't think this has been done to death. But what I seem to be pondering now is...

What is to be of the Temporal Cold War? It seems it is coming to an end across the timeline(s)... I think I'll be missing it. :laugh: I've always loved time-travel, and such a storyline as a war across eternity is quite enjoyably fun. :laugh:

A Reference DrWho42 Quite Enjoyed: They mentioned the good ol' radio show of The Shadow. :heart:

I love the 40s! :biggrin: *Strikes Back*

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

I gave it a 7, I guess I had really high expectations for this episode. Just felt bit anticlamatic for a season opener. It was great, don't get me wrong, I love ENT, Just didn't keep me glued to my seat. It's a new arc, so we'll see.

Guest Ktrek

I gave it a 9. I thought the episode was really good. It was well written and well paced. The directing and acting were supurb and I can't wait to see how this resolves itself. I hope they can come up with some unusual twist!

Kevin

You all do realize that......
Click For Spoiler

270529[/snapback]

I don't think that's possible...

Click For Spoiler

I really enjoyed this episode and might have given it a 9 except for one thing that bumped it to a 10.

Click For Spoiler

I can hardly wait until next week!

Click For Spoiler

270529[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I really enjoyed this episode and might have given it a 9 except for one thing that bumped it to a 10.

Click For Spoiler

270670[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

I gave this one a 5. I did like it but it did not keep me glued to my seat. I even flipped during the breaks. Lets just hope that nexts weeks show is better. I do beleve that this story is a three part arc not just two. Maybe that is the reason that they only played an hour.

Click For Spoiler
the only big complaint is that this makes it real easy for a reset of the whole show so they can start from the start

Guest Mike_Hines01
Click For Spoiler
Trip on the surface is probably Silik morphed into Trip.  Why would Silik let him go and take the time to pull him out of the launch bay?  I could be wrong.  I'm just guessing.  Daniels looked gross.

270529[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
if Silik morphed into Trip, who piloted the shuttle. They did say that sensors picked up Suliban life signs before T'Pol ordered Malcolm to fire phasers at the shuttle.

Click For Spoiler
Scott Bakula's bare chest!!! Hubba hubba!!!

270670[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
I don't think it's Silik either, the Suliban have never displayed an ability ti mimic other life forms in the past. They have enhanced abilities but they aren't shapeshifters.

270685[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
You're forgetting the very first episode, Borken Bow. That female Suliban was able to change her appearance.

I thought this was a great episode, I gave it 9.5 but thats only because it wasnt a double length episode.

Guest Mike_Hines01

I forgot to add:

Click For Spoiler
In the episode 'Cold Front' Silik changed his appearance to look like one of those monks.

Would anyone care to post a brief synopsis? I saw the last ten minutes - it comes on at some awful hour and I fell asleep waiting for it to come on. :rolleyes: And although I said I wasn't watching it this season I am curious how they tie up the TCW.

And Spacetigger (I guess this is from another thread)

Click For Spoiler
I noticed the hug and it kind of surprised me (Ensigns don't usually hug captains) but it seemed okay for Hoshi to hug Archer and was a touching scene

I gave this episode a 8.5 out of 10.

Storm Front was a good start to a new season. I can't wait for the next episode. :rolleyes:

I did get to see Enterprise last night, although I had thought I would not. I rated it 9.5, also because I am tired of hanging! I want resolution! Still, I enjoyed the story.

Click For Spoiler

Sign in to follow this