Sign in to follow this  
Spork

orchestral intro for enterprise

just did a search for "enterprise" in kazaa... and in the search results there was an alternate intro to enterprise... no words, just an orchestral score...the music sounds similar to something that i've heard in a ST movie..star trek generations or something like that. any one know if this was a real thing paramount considered before switching to a lyric one? just curious. it's a small file, so if you're inclined to download it, please do so..i'm interested in what your reactions are to an orchestral intro. since i know there has been a debate for the 3rd season of changing the intro.

the music is odd...now that i've gotten used to the current one.. :look:

The music is directly from the end credits of the movie Generations, and I don't think it fits the intro at all. Personally, I love the theme song. To answer your question: No, I don't think Paramount considerred using the Generations theme for the intro.

I love the alternate intro - to me it is more inspiring - which only goes to show everybody has a different opinion. I heard a rumor it was the real planned intro but I have no actual source for that rumor.

I have downloaded this as well, but I don't like it. I think that the current theme is a lot better, and more uplifting.

They are actually going to change the song for the next season. I doubt its what you heard, but they are going to make it more Star Trek, while maintaing the overall theme of exploration they were going for on Enterprise.

I felt a spoiler tag would have been useless, since what else would I have talked about other then a change in the theme.

I really really really hope that is a false rumour... it would be foolish to change the theme now after establishing it for 2 seasons, as it has a lot to do with the character of the show and if they were to change it to just to get a few more viewers that is pathetic. If the people who are 'turned off' by the music were worthy of Enterprise they would watch it anyway and just mute the opening credits if they hate it THAT much. I really hope that rumour doesn't come to pass. Changing the images would be ok, as many shows do that just for a bit of refreshment etc but they don't go changing the actual music, especially after it is already well established. The music gives it consistency and personality. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :look:

I like the Score but dont think it go's in with the show. It worked well as end credits for Generations. But I like "Where my heart will take me" and that works much better

After feeling "sorta-sorta" on the theme song...after 2 seasons...Its stuck with me. I like the Generations' theme...and have actually hoped that they would use it for a series theme song. However...I think we should keep the Enterprise theme the way it is.

I bet the producers are thinking "how ironic." So much gripe about the theme song...now everyone wants to keep it. Try to appease the crowd and they only turn against you. :wow:

Not that I really care what the producers think on this matter....

This show belongs to the fans and they should treat it as such.

I think the current theme song is great, the lyrics is very fitting and it's a tune that really sticks.. I can go around humming it all day :wow:

I have Faith of the Heart playing on my computer as I am typing this. I have been listening to it a lot. I love it!!

I have Faith of the Heart playing on my computer as I am typing this.  I have been listening to it a lot.  I love it!!

I have my computer set so that it plays the song whenever I turn on my computer. I is just such an uplifting and inspirational song that I can not imagine it not being a part of enterprise.

I really really really hope that is a false rumour... it would be foolish to change the theme now after establishing it for 2 seasons, as it has a lot to do with the character of the show and if they were to change it to just to get a few more viewers that is pathetic.  If the people who are 'turned off' by the music were worthy of Enterprise they would watch it anyway and just mute the opening credits if they hate it THAT much.  I really hope that rumour doesn't come to pass.  Changing the images would be ok, as many shows do that just for a bit of refreshment etc but they don't go changing the actual music, especially after it is already well established.  The music gives it consistency and personality.  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  :wow:

agreed! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! dont change it! it works perfectly with the theme of the show!

i havent heard the generations theme, since well, watching generations last. but none the less, i dont care how good it is, the only theme for enterprise is the current one, i love it, and i think its a bunch of crap that theyre gonna or are thinking of changing it because of some complaints. as was said by others if your watching the show what does it matter, and if your not, the themes not gonna make a difference, other than to upset those of us who really like the song.

To quote Dr. Phlox....Optimism.

I never complained about the theme music although several of my friends have. However, I did listen to the alternate intro and I really liked it. I have no idea what they have planned fpr season three so I can't say whether I will like it or not.

I'm glad i am not the only one who wants to keep the theme as it is!! I just hope that B+B realise that people do like it, before it's too late :innocent:

Well I think it would have made sense, since the TNG theme was from TMP, so the Enterprise theme could have been the TNG: The Motion Picture theme. But I still like the Faith of the Heart. It's great and original.

:lol: it's kinda weird reading the old posts about the changing of the opening song, only now we realize that it didn't really change that much except it was a more faster beat version with rock guitar and drums.

back on topic B)

I think that if they had decided to use a classical music theme, they should have made the current end credits theme the main theme. It's a beautiful song as well. But I still like "Faith of the Heart" and I agree that it does fit this series like a glove

Edited by Gamera

:lol: it's kinda weird reading the old posts about the changing of the opening song, only now we realize that it didn't really change that much except it was a more faster beat version with rock guitar and drums.

358847[/snapback]

People of the past. What fools! HAHAHA! B)

I think that if they had decided to use a classical music theme, they should have made the current end credits theme the main theme

I agree. I like that theme a lot better than the song.

since the TNG theme was from TMP

I always hated that. Roddenberry was bringing out a brand new series and they couldn't even get their own original music. They had to rip-off the TOS music from TMP.