Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

DS9

ok, so since Jadzia dies in "Tears of the Prophets" that means Ds9 needs a new chief science officer.

So who got the job? Do we ever see them? How can the science division just be disregarded after 6 seasons?

Just a question. Anyone have an anwser?

I don't really have an answer except to say that we never saw the stations new science officer. They were in fact deep into the war and perhaps didn't have much need for science ? Or perhaps didn't want to add another main character when they were in their last season..As it was Ezri wasn't explored thoroughly because of the lack of time..I can't imagine having a new science officer there too..

I have to agree that, although a new chief science officer must have been assigned to the station, we simply did not see them during the show's seventh season. In the novels that continue the story forward from the last episode, "What You Leave Behind," the new science officer is a young Andorian named Thirishar ch'Thane.

These are good enough reasons for Paramount to think about doing a mini-series for DS9. Farscape's mini-series is due out shortly and hopefully it will give closure to us fans. That's what Paramount should do with DS9 for us. A mini-series lightly based on the series of books leading up to Unity would be a very good mini-series in my opinion. There would be many answered questions, such as to who is Thirishar ch'Thane? What's happened with Sisko since he's been with the Wormhole Aliens? Who replaces Odo as Security Chief? and will the Bajor ever join the Federation? This is just something I'd like to see done.

On Amazon.com they refer to these books as "Season 8"

These are good enough reasons for Paramount to think about doing a mini-series for DS9.  Farscape's mini-series is due out shortly and hopefully it will give closure to us fans.  That's what Paramount should do with DS9 for us.  A mini-series lightly based on the series of books leading up to Unity would be a very good mini-series in my opinion.  There would be many answered questions, such as to who is Thirishar ch'Thane?  What's happened with Sisko since he's been with the Wormhole Aliens?  Who replaces Odo as Security Chief?  and will the Bajor ever join the Federation?  This is just something I'd like to see done.

On Amazon.com they refer to these books as "Season 8"

269759[/snapback]

Amen to all that!

And I loved Shar in those books and his whole Andorian marriage deal.

In the novels that continue the story forward from the last episode, "What You Leave Behind," the new science officer is a young Andorian named Thirishar ch'Thane.

269746[/snapback]

Woo hoo! More Andorians!!!

I agree, I don't think there was room for another new character. It's a shame we didn't get to know Ezri better.

I don't really have an answer except to say that we never saw the stations new science officer. They were in fact deep into the war and perhaps didn't have much need for science ? Or perhaps didn't want to add another main character when they were in their last season..As it was Ezri wasn't explored thoroughly because of the lack of time..I can't imagine having a new science officer there too..

I agree, with the war going on there wouldn't be a strong need for the science aspect. Had we seen Season 8 I think there would have been someone introduced to fill that role or one of the other regulars would have taken that role on.