• "The Probe" (if that counts..)
    • Sybok
    • General Chang
    • Dr. Soran
    • The Borg Queen
    • Ru'afo
    • Shinzon
    • The Xindi

I know most of you will most likely say Khan, but I think that Shinzon and General Chang are both close runners up. Anyway cast your vote and let me know why you think what you do!

Khan is the best villan. He is so determined and capable. Still, all the villans are cool!

Yeah I would also say Khan. I think his character really showed in the movie as what he was supposed to portray. The actor did a great job in filling this role and like I said it shows in the movie. That’s one reason why many people consider STII the best ST movie out there at this time being and why Khan is the best "villan".

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

i hated kruge. i just couldnt take christopher lloyd seriously. i kept thinking 'back to the future'. i just dont think 'the doc' could be a klingon. lol.

" I just sent you back!.....back to the future" Yea for sure Lloyd was weird to see all made up and still acting like Lloyd. Khan definitly takes the cake for best of the bad. On the smaller screen I liked whenever The Borg Queen was inolved and Lore...wow did I dislike anything Maki or that whole Dominon story. :)

I thought Tom Hardy did such a great job playing Shinzon. I really enjoyed the Shinzon-Picard scenes. The Borg Queen would be my second choice.

i HATE Khan like with a passion.. like MORE then i hate Worf!!!

-Laur :blink:

Wouldn't that make him the best of the bad then? You are supposed to hate the bad guy after all B) :dude::D:D

I voted for the Borg Queen because she was very creepy in a strangely elegant way? If anyone can understand that. OK that and she was a little sadistic too!

I thought Tom Hardy did such a great job playing Shinzon.  I really enjoyed the Shinzon-Picard scenes.  The Borg Queen would be my second choice.

I agree Tom Hardy was awesome. In the end Khan probably wins for me but in a way I think that Shinzon was a bit more complex. Which made him a better nemesis for Picard who is definatly more complex than Kirk (whom I do love as well..).

Does anyone know of any other movies that Tom hardy has been in?

According to IMDB:

1 LD 50 (2003) .... Matt (not yet released)

2 Dot the I (2003) .... Tom (not yet released)

3 Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) .... Praetor Shinzon

4 Simon: An English Legionnaire (2002) .... Pascal Dupont

5 Reckoning, The (2001) .... Straw

... aka Morality Play (2001)

6 Black Hawk Down (2001) (as Thomas Hardy) .... Ranger Sp4 Lance Twombly

7 "Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini) TV Series .... Pfc. John Janovec

i hated kruge. i just couldnt take christopher lloyd seriously. i kept thinking 'back to the future'. i just dont think 'the doc' could be a klingon. lol.

I too found it hard to believe Doc Brown as a Klingon. I just keep laughing when I picture a Klingon in full warrior regalia hopping out of a Delorian, screaming about going back to the future. About as funny as picturing him as Kruge in Back to The Future III, you know the Western one. . .a Klingon dressed in Cowboy attire. Wait! In TNG we already saw that! :blink: :D:dude:

According to IMDB:

1 LD 50 (2003) .... Matt (not yet released)

2 Dot the I (2003) .... Tom (not yet released)

3 Star Trek: Nemesis (2002) .... Praetor Shinzon

4 Simon: An English Legionnaire (2002) .... Pascal Dupont

5 Reckoning, The (2001) .... Straw

... aka Morality Play (2001)

6 Black Hawk Down (2001) (as Thomas Hardy) .... Ranger Sp4 Lance Twombly

7 "Band of Brothers" (2001) (mini) TV Series .... Pfc. John Janovec

Cool thanks! :blink: I haven't seen any of those so I guess that means it's time to take a trip to the video store..

I voted for Khan but I never had a problem with Loyd as a Klingon because I saw ST III when it came out which was a good two years before Back to the Future and I never watched taxi at that time so I simply saw him as a real mean Klingon. I thought he gave a great over the top performance. He would have been my second pick.

Besides he had Kirk's son killed. Now that's bad.

I voted for Khan but I never had a problem  with Loyd as a Klingon because I saw ST III when it came out which was a good two years before Back to the Future and I never watched taxi at that time so I simply saw him as a real mean Klingon.  I thought he gave a great over the top performance. He would have been my second pick. 

Besides he had Kirk's son killed.  Now that's bad.

Yeah I know that is how many saw Trek III, you know before Back to the Future. But I actually got started with Trek in this manner. . .When my mom found out that TNG was going to come out, she rented as many Star Trek movies as there were by the time of late '86 - early '87(I was six at the time). She also did this because she was a TOS fan when she was younger (and still kinda is, but when TNG started she kinda converted to a TNG fan!) and that I was interested in space and space travel since I was 3 or 3 1/2. So I sat there and watched a TOS movie marathon. I can't remember which I saw first Trek III or Back To the Future, but I had remembered him more from BTTF as Doc Brown. I hope that you were not offended by my remark about finding Chris Lloyd's Kruge hard to take seriously. If you were offended, I am sorry.

I think that I saw Back to the Future first and I know that I watched Taxi even before that, but I still liked Loyd as Kruge. I think he gives a great performance and with all the make-up I can still watch him with out thinking of Jim or Doc Brown.

No offense taken at all, Yillara Soong. (I hope I didn't make it sound that way. :) ) I was just giving my perspective of how seeing it before BTTF was. Frankly, every time I see Chris Lloyd now I can't help but see Doc Brown myself. Sort of like no matter what I see Leanord Nemoy, William Shattner, or Patrick Stewart in, I still see their ST personas. I guess that's because those characters are now Icons in our pop culture and if I were them I would be proud. :) I think your point is not only valid but important and not alone.

No offense taken at all, Yillara Soong. (I hope I didn't make it sound that way. :) ) I was just giving my perspective of how seeing it before BTTF was.  Frankly, every time I see Chris Lloyd now I can't help but see Doc Brown myself.  Sort of like no matter what I see Leanord Nemoy, William Shattner, or Patrick Stewart in, I still see their ST personas. I guess that's because those characters are now Icons in our pop culture and if I were them I would be proud.     :)   I think your point is not only valid but important and not alone.

I am pleased to here that you did not take offense.

Yeah, I am guilty of seeing actors in their ST personas. My family does that too, They see Brent in a movie and scream down our hallway, "Hey Data is in this movie that is on!" And I'd scream back, Which Star Trek is on? and they'd tell me it wasn't a ST film. And to finish the argument by I'd say "Data is not in the movie Brent is, and they are two entirely differect people!" Which will get them either laughing or telling me that no matter what I say they will always be one and the same!

Then I'd turn around and complain about all those dumb priceline commercials that Captain Kirk was in, and the argument would go in reverse! I know that may be confusing and it confuses us sometimes when this scenario happens, but it DOES happen.

There's a lot of people that haven't voted on this poll yet. I've added the Xindi to the poll for the people that haven't voted yet. Those of us that have already voted will just have to live with our choices lol.

Don't laugh,

I voted for Dr. Soran because to me he was a more believable villain. The character portrayed is that is that of a man who probably once was decent and compassionate, But because of tragic circumstances becomes a Cold, Uncaring Madman. His place as a bad guy is not as well defined like the other villains, Is he a villain or is he a poor misguided soul?

Well thats what I think but I suppose you could say the same about Shinzon.

Don't get me wrong I like ST:II and Khan is a good (or should I say bad) villain, But Khan seemed to be born a villain and that sort's of makes the chracter a bit 2D.

Edited by Derro

There's a lot of people that haven't voted on this poll yet. I've added the Xindi to the poll for the people that haven't voted yet. Those of us that have already voted will just have to live with our choices lol.

The Xindi weren't in the movies. <_<

Who said that the villains have to be from the movies? I don't see that in the Poll question..

Who said that the villains have to be from the movies? I don't see that in the Poll question..

The thread is in the movies forum. The villians featured: V'ger, Khan, Comander Kruge, "The Probe" (if that counts..), Sybok, General Chang, Dr. Soran, The Borg Queen, Ru'afo, and Shinzon are villians from the movies. The Xindi are a villanous race from ENTERPRISE.

If this were in Ten-Forward, I wouldn't have said anything, but since this is in the movies forum, wouldn't it be logical to only put movie-villians as choices for voting?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

The thread is in the movies forum. The villians featured: V'ger, Khan, Comander Kruge, "The Probe" (if that counts..), Sybok, General Chang, Dr. Soran, The Borg Queen, Ru'afo, and Shinzon are villians from the movies. The Xindi are a villanous race from ENTERPRISE.

If this were in Ten-Forward, I wouldn't have said anything, but since this is in the movies forum, wouldn't it be logical to only put movie-villians as choices for voting?

Perhaps you're right. I didn't notice that this question is in the Movies forum. I just don't see any harm in adding a villain or two from the TV shows.