Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Voyager's Shuttles

I like the Delta Flyer :look:

But the question that lingers in my mind...How many shuttles can they fit in that ship?! If the bad guys didn't get them Chakotay crashed them on a planet...:o But, I think the Voyager Compainion is going to have an official shuttle count of every shuttle that was "used, abused, or destroyed" :D

Voyager actually had 2 shuttlebays. At the back of the ship, the familiar shuttlebay. Then, there's a door at the back of the shuttlebay, leading to a 2nd inner shuttlebay. Shuttlebay 2 is where shuttles were built and storred.

To answer your question, it's been assumed they had a special team dedicated to repairing and building new shuttles.

I liked the Delta Flyer. The only thing that I did not like were the "custom" controls that Tom installed based of his "Captain Proton" holodeck fantasies, they just did not seem practical.

One thing I liked about the Delta Flyer was that it wasn't your standard Starfleet shuttle, but more of a super shuttle designed for missions that normal shuttles couldn't handle.

Between the Delta Flyer and the Type-11 shuttle, do you all think we could see a whole new breed of shuttle if there's a continuation of the TNG/DS9/VOY era?

I like the Delta Flyer :D

But the question that lingers in my mind...How many shuttles can they fit in that ship?!  If the bad guys didn't get them Chakotay crashed them on a planet...;) But, I think the Voyager Compainion is going to have an official shuttle count of every shuttle that was "used, abused, or destroyed" :D

The Coffee Nebula has a pretty good count. They've got a disclaimer that seasons six and seven haven't been entirely included, but it's a good count, nonetheless.

I like the Delta Flyer. It just looks so smooth and sleek and... fun. And it seemed better equipped for outings. But it got blown up just about as much as regular shuttles! I wonder how many times they've had to rebuild that thing!

I like the Delta Flyer :)

But the question that lingers in my mind...How many shuttles can they fit in that ship?!  If the bad guys didn't get them Chakotay crashed them on a planet...:laugh: But, I think the Voyager Compainion is going to have an official shuttle count of every shuttle that was "used, abused, or destroyed" :)

The Coffee Nebula has a pretty good count. They've got a disclaimer that seasons six and seven haven't been entirely included, but it's a good count, nonetheless.

I like the Delta Flyer. It just looks so smooth and sleek and... fun. And it seemed better equipped for outings. But it got blown up just about as much as regular shuttles! I wonder how many times they've had to rebuild that thing!

I believe that the Voyager Companion (which should be out :) ) Also has a detailed account of the shuttle craft abord Voyager...