Sign in to follow this  
cptwright

guinan on ENTERPRISE

Do you think Guinan should show up on enterprise?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Guinan should show up on enterprise?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Don't Care
    • for petes sake dont do it

I agree with cpt wright , as long as it's written well i would like to see it. What sort of storyline would you follow? She could make reference to Picard having met him in the time period of "Time's Arrow". Yeah that would be good i think.

that would be sweet. i agree that writting is crucial. it HAS to be whoopee goldberg though or it'll be stupid

that would be sweet. i agree that writting is crucial. it HAS to be whoopee goldberg though or it'll be stupid

Whoopi Goldberg, absolutely.

It would be really cool, however it would be hard to get Whoopi to do the part, and without her they can't do it.. Actually it would be kind of silly, she looks a lot older now then in TNG, and she is supposed to be younger :look:.

But maybe a small part could be arranged..

Definitely has to be whoopi, but I love the idea. As for her appearence, they can make anyone look younger with makeup..

Micheal Westmore has been doing makeup for Trek since the premiere of TNG (perhaps even before that on TOS films.)

I thought a great job was done on Goldberg in Times Arrow to make her look younger than she had looked on previous episodes of the NG, I think they could easily pull that part of it off.

Maybe.

As for the story, how about she is doing the same thing as we saw her doing in TA, except not being at Earth? She could be visiting another world, which happens to coincide with a visit from our heroes onboard the ENT? For me, a simple cameo would be enough to make me happy and that might better serve canon but if we must have the story center around her, perhaps it could be about that one rebel child she spoke of (?)

Yeah I think it would be cool to have guinun, and I agree with all of you, it would definately need to be woopi, and theres no problem about how enterprise is way before tng, because we already know she lives a long time.

Micheal Westmore has been doing makeup for Trek since the premiere of TNG (perhaps even before that on TOS films.)

I thought a great job was done on Goldberg in Times Arrow to make her look younger than she had looked on previous episodes of the NG, I think they could easily pull that part of it off.

Maybe.

As for the story, how about she is doing the same thing as we saw her doing in TA, except not being at Earth? She could be visiting another world, which happens to coincide with a visit from our heroes onboard the ENT? For me, a simple cameo would be enough to make me happy and that might better serve canon but if we must have the story center around her, perhaps it could be about that one rebel child she spoke of (?)

That would make a great plot line. And as far Guinans age We all know she is alive in this time as she was on earth in TA.

Maybe.

That's a really good basis for a storyline Alterego. I know they don't accept scripts from fan's anymore but it isn't a script is it, just an idea. Couldn't you submit it with all the member names on this board to back you and see what happens.

I love the idea of Guinan on Enterprise. Anything they can do to tie Enterprise in with the other shows pretty much makes me happy. Plus Guinan is one of the best characters ever!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I strongly object. It is getting to the point now where it's like we can just push anything into Enterprise, from other shows just because it CAN be done. How is Enterprise ever going to establish it's own identity and gather it's own sense of originality when it is being a junk yard for things from other shows. I can't understand why so many people want to sacrifice it's independence with these ridiculous links from other shows. Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. We have already had Vulcans, Klingons, Andorians, Tribbles, Tholians, Tellarites, Borg, Ferengi and talk of Sarek and William Shatner. This is all just old hat. Now if Guinan were to pop up as well worked into a scipt some how I just think that it would nucleat the Star Trek universe and make it far far too small. It's a big galaxy - we dont need any more left overs dumped on the show, for the sake of originality and style. There's the odd clever link and then there's this tacky idea.

Goodness sakes, NO - Enterprise is developing into a good show on its own' they don't need to keep running back to other series. If they want a ratings ploy find another actor and create a new recurring character.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I strongly object. It is getting to the point now where it's like we can just push anything into Enterprise, from other shows just because it CAN be done. How is Enterprise ever going to establish it's own identity and gather it's own sense of originality when it is being a junk yard for things from other shows. I can't understand why so many people want to sacrifice it's independence with these ridiculous links from other shows. Just because it CAN be done doesn't mean it SHOULD be done. We have already had Vulcans, Klingons, Andorians, Tribbles, Tholians, Tellarites, Borg, Ferengi and talk of Sarek and William Shatner. This is all just old hat. Now if Guinan were to pop up as well worked into a scipt some how I just think that it would nucleat the Star Trek universe and make it far far too small. It's a big galaxy - we dont need any more left overs dumped on the show, for the sake of originality and style. There's the odd clever link and then there's this tacky idea.

i understand what your saying, but im not talking about sacrificing originality, but just to learn more about things and people that were in the other episodes. as far as a small universe, because we've seen familiar aliens, think about it, this is THE FIRST MISSION, into space, their gonna run into the aliens we've already seen, but this shows how we ran into them, and what happened, its still original. but now its just descriptive too. i'll admit i wasnt big on the borg, but after watching it, it wasnt bad, i enjoyed it. you can see familiar things, with still an original storyline. IMO. but were all entitled to our own opinion. :innocent:

YES!!!!!! they should have Guinan on Enterprise, even if its a small role like shes in another ship that hails Enterprise or something.

You make a good point, but for me there is nothing more enticing than meeting someone you know all about, that the crew doesn't. I love the familiarity of a well established character, who can enhance the series. Look at Worf in DS9?You can't say the series wasn't better for having him in it. And i LOVED "Relics"( TNG) with James Doohan, made me feel all nostalgic. IMO an ep with Guinan would be great. It doesn't have to be a whole ep about her, just a cameo.

I like the idea of using familiar characters when it is feasible to do so, and since it has already been established that Guinan was alive during this time period it would make sense to use the familiarity with her character to enhance and episode or two.

i agree with prometheus - NO NO NO - the show has to stand on it's own, and things like bridged storylines should have been thought of before jumping on the prequel bandwagon - save Guinan for the movies...

I don't mind the "occasional" link to a past series.

So far, in terms of aliens or characters that don't belong in the 22nd century, we've seen: Ferengi, Borg, and Thollians

So far, they've only done 3 links. What's everyone complaining about? :)

I wasen't going to put it that way, But I agree. Having her on the show wouldn't interest me..sure it'd be "cool" but I think they need to set out on their own..we won't be seeing any Sarek, Dax, Spock, Kirk seniors or Guinan. Besides do you really think Goldbger would commit!

I wasen't going to put it that way, But I agree. Having her on the show wouldn't interest me..sure it'd be "cool" but I think they need to set out on their own..we won't be seeing any Sarek, Dax, Spock, Kirk seniors or Guinan. Besides do you really think Goldbger would commit!

I definitely think that she would commit to doing the show. I read an interview once that stated that she had asked Paramount to create a character for her so that she could be a part of the Trek series and that she loved being on the shows, so I see no reason why she would not be willing to be on ENT.

I say they should shy away from using characters and situations from the other shows as much as possible.

I get the impression that they are trying to cash in on the past popularity of the other "Trek" shows and that they are afraid to let "Enterprise" have it's own identity.

We already know that certain characters were alive in "Enterprise"'s time, that doesn't mean we need to or should bring them in for cameo appearances or whatnot.

Keep it original, guys. It makes it more fun.

Stingray

Here's my take on this:

Ferrengi - Comedic "one time" episode.

Borg - Just kinda had to be done after ST:FC, heh.

Tribble - Where's the harm in a Tribble showing up, as long as there's not a breeding crisis? :)

Guinnan - She's been to Earth before, why can't she visit the Enterprise?

Q - He can show up, but only if it's pivital to the episode.

Dax's first host - Sure, it "is" alive in this time perriod, but it would feel forced. Now, if they met the Trill, and Dax just happened to be "one" of them, and not a central character, that might be more realistic.

What about you guys? Does the above sound reasonable?