Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Guinan

Did you like Guinan?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like Guinan?

• No: she was a smug no-it-all who got on my nerves
    • Yes: she was a great addition to the show

i like whoopi, and i liked guinan. she added a mystical aura to the show, i think, but she was good. had a feeling of unknowing about her. or a mystery around her.

I liked having Guinan on the show. She had been wisened through experience, and it was also easier for the crew to talk to her. I mean it is usually more comfortable to talk to your friend or bartender than it is to a couseler because you don't feel on the spot.

Does anyone here NOT like something about Star Trek?

I don't like Wesley or Dr. Palaski. Troi annoys the heck out of me, but I don't hate her. I think Guinan was a better counseler than she was. cheeky-smiley-012.gif I hate that Geordi never got the girl. I hate that nearly every woman Riker hooked up with either turned out to be a bad guy or ended up dead. I hate that Riker and Troi through the whole series couldn't make up their minds whether or not they were friends or in love. I hate that Dr. Crusher didn't get more movie time. I hate that Riker shaved his beard in Insurrection (good thing he grew it back).

Click for Spoiler:

I hate that they killed Data! :wow:

I hate that they messed up his emotion chip............Do you really want me to go on? :devil: :)

If you're going to give away the ending to NEMESIS, would you mind using the spoiler feature? I know people who didn't get to see the movie in theaters. THANKS! :)

If you're going to give away the ending to NEMESIS, would you mind using the spoiler feature?  I know people who didn't get to see the movie in theaters.  THANKS! :wow:

Captain Picard, you have been repeatedly asked to stop playing moderator on these boards, posting your complaints constitute spam on the boards. If you have a complaint about a post, you are free to lodge it in the correctly prescribed manner like everyone else, in a PM to the moderator of the board. If the board you have a complaint about does not have a moderator assigned to it yet you may contact either VBG or myself.

I don't like Wesley or Dr. Palaski. Troi annoys the heck out of me, but I don't hate her. I think Guinan was a better counseler than she was. cheeky-smiley-012.gif I hate that Geordi never got the girl. I hate that nearly every woman Riker hooked up with either turned out to be a bad guy or ended up dead. I hate that Riker and Troi through the whole series couldn't make up their minds whether or not they were friends or in love. I hate that Dr. Crusher didn't get more movie time. I hate that Riker shaved his beard in Insurrection (good thing he grew it back).

Click for Spoiler:

I hate that they killed Data! :wow:

I hate that they messed up his emotion chip............Do you really want me to go on? :devil: :)

I hated the amount of time Crusher got too.. :)

And I'm not to found of any of Picards girlfriends.. :(

I simply asked him to use the spoiler feature

The "chick" in my name would indicate the female gender. rolleyes2.gif

Guinan was introduced in season 2 and in appeared in many episodes for every seasons after that as well as in Generations and briefly in Nemesis. Her official status was always as a guest star although the cast thought of her as one of the family.

Guinan was introduced in season 2 and in appeared in many episodes for every seasons after that as well as in Generations and briefly in Nemesis.  Her official status was always as a guest star although the cast thought of her as one of the family.

So she was allways a guest star and never part of the ensemble cast after showing up in season 2. That's the info I was looking for. The reason for my confussion was that I had seen her in cast pictures.

Anyway, thanks for the clarrity! :wow:

As much as I don't like Whoopi Goldberg, I like Guinan quite a bit.  She was down to earth compared to some of the other characters, and had a lot of wisdom. 

Call me crazy, but I even liked the young Guinan in "Rascals".

I thought they did a great job choosing actors to play the younger versions for everyone but Picard! I really couldn't stand that kid (there, another thing I don't like :innocent:)

Yeah, he didn't work at all. He wasn't anything like Picard, and he was annoying to boot. The rest of the kids were cast well. Especially Guinan and Ro.

As much as I don't like Whoopi Goldberg, I like Guinan quite a bit.  She was down to earth compared to some of the other characters, and had a lot of wisdom. 

I thought they did a great job choosing actors to play the younger versions for everyone but Picard! I really couldn't stand that kid (there, another thing I don't like :innocent:)

Yeah, he didn't work at all. He wasn't anything like Picard, and he was annoying to boot. The rest of the kids were cast well. Especially Guinan and Ro.

Gosh I thought David Tristan Birkin did an excellent job as young Picard especially considering the size of the role and having to portray Picard as an adult trapped in a child's body. All of the young actors were terrific!

You may recall that David Tristan Birkin also played Picard's nephew Rene in Family.

I liked Guinan. I thought that she was a good addition for the show. Her relation with Picard, her wisdom, her greater visualization of space-time, and her ability to be a counselor I think added to the show. “Time’s Arrow” showing her relationship with Picard, “Yesterdays Day Enterprise” showing her greater visualization of space-time, and several other episodes really showed her as a great addition to the show. I also think Gene made a wise choice in picking her the actress (or accepting her offer to be on the show). As she said on the behind the scenes on the DVD sets that she’s Gene’s last baby.

Of course I do have negative for ST. I don’t like everything ST has. There are certain episodes that bug me (even in TNG). But what I don’t like about ST is another story.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I thought they did a great job choosing actors to play the younger versions for everyone but Picard! I really couldn't stand that kid (there, another thing I don't like :laugh:)

The girl they had to portray Guinan, has portrayed a younger version of Whoopi Goldberg's character before. Have you seen Sister Act? The beginning scene where she is a child in a classroom, you will see her, I believe the actress's name is Isis Jones.

Click for Spoiler:

I hate that they killed Data! :laugh:

I hate that they messed up his emotion chip............Do you really want me to go on? :devil: :laugh:

Have to agree with pretty much all of those (poor Geordi!!!)

I really liked the actresses who played Ro, Guinan, and Keiko. I thought they were all amazing and fully believeable, but i especially liked the one who played Ro.

Hello all. God my little post has been busy since i've been away! I bet old Whoopi hasn't had this mush attention in years. Well I see that she is a firm favourite with all and I admit I may have been a little hasty to put down Guinan. She was an interesting character. Though she was in ONE officvial cast photo and I cant help but think that that was only because she was Whoopi Goldberg and there was an element of 'look who WE have' about it. I mean Ensign Ro and Barclay and more importantly COLM MEANEY didn't get in on the photo. The latter has been in it a lot more that Goldberg. But ah well.

I really liked her. My favorite moments are when she and Picard are talking about whether Data is the property of Star Fleet and the conversation late at night before they go up against the Borg. They had great chemistry.

I really liked her.  My favorite moments are when she and Picard are talking about whether Data is the property of Star Fleet and the conversation late at night before they go up against the Borg.  They had great chemistry.

Those were great moments. And it always seemed that whenever Picard was facing an impossible situation he could and did rely on her to provide support for him.

Three words to describe Guinan: She...was...awesome. She was always trying to help the ship and the crew with the problems theY encountered. She was always so kind and pleasant. I really liked her a lot!!

Stardate:213425.9

I thought that without Guinan the Enterprise would of not of gotten out of alot of situations.Example when they first met the borg she was the one that explained who they were.Another good example is Generations.She explained the Picard what it was and how to find Kirk and how to go back.If she hadnt Picard might of just stayed there and things would of happened alot differently in the real universe.

Score a point for the Ensign! Clarity and understanding in that post..Whoopi/Guinan Rocks!

I still loved ehr stabbing Q with the fork!

that was classic!

It was funny that scene B)

And Yes, I think she did a great job on the Enterprise ... So wise. B)

I really liked Guinan.

When I think of her, I think of Peace. The scene she was in was often peacefull moment of reflection far from the lines of fire.

I think, with Q around, I think it was great to have the wise and down to earth caracter to face him.

And, she was there to introduce some elements that were hard to do in another way, like in a measure to a man.

And, as caracter I can't take, I think Weasley Crusher is the only one I can think of. I mean, he's hard to believe. Especially to see him in the "senior" meeting.. But, well.. that's my problem ;-)

I never liked her i just thought that she took troi's job they should have given troi her lines but i am in the minority

Woo hoo! Yay! Good man! Im glad someone at last is behind me in the 'Guinan sucks' camp.

I liked Guinan she was strong.......old...I mean wise.......and funny

I did always wonder how old she was and how did she know Q?